Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why has Terrance Jones not signed with anyone?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

Why has Terrance Jones not signed with anyone?

What am I missing here? Seems like Jones would have been picked up immediately. Is he in danger of not being picked up?

Maybe he overvalued himself ok the open market. #pumpfakeking
    I'm a grinder

With the injury to Casspi, kind of surprised he didn't resign here. Unless it's against the rules.

He may end up coming back if he can't find any other takers. But I would think we would need to unload Ajinca or Asik for that to happen.

D-mo is our third big moving forward but it would be nice to have Jones as he has been good when AD was out.

Waived player clears waivers after 48hours. So within couple hours someone will claim him.
    Deron W as well.

Player should be signed before 1st March to play in PO...

This is why you will hear all those Bogut, Calderon and others buyout talk till sunday

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Waived player clears waivers after 48hours. So within couple hours someone will claim him.
    Deron W as well.

Ahhh, if it's 48 hours, that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Deron W as well.

What do we mean by "clears waivers"? In the NFL, if you "clear waivers" it means you did not get picked up by another team, thus you are free to sign with a team.

Is it just more like a moratorium period in the NBA?

Jones is already at the minimum. Allowing him to clear waivers makes no sense.

He has just cleared waivers and is eligible to sign with another franchise.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This could also be one of those situations where us fans overvalue a player on our team. Dell couldn't get ANYTHING for him in trade, and there wasn't much of a market for him last offseason. He's a good player, but I think teams are going to wait and see what the buyout market looks like before committing to a guy who probably isn't in high demand.

I think Thornton might be a good pickup. We know he can hit 3s at least.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This could also be one of those situations where us fans overvalue a player on our team. Dell couldn't get ANYTHING for him in trade, and there wasn't much of a market for him last offseason. He's a good player, but I think teams are going to wait and see what the buyout market looks like before committing to a guy who probably isn't in high demand.
    And people were complaining Dell didn't get anything for Jones. . .

No team wanted him for free. So now he'll have to play out 10 day contracts to gain traction somewhere.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I think Thornton might be a good pickup. We know he can hit 3s at least.
    Lousy on defense though.

Basketball Guru
    if i was his agent i would call the hornets,,atlanta and utah to see if they would pick him up....if he would continual playing like he did here then he would set himself up for a better contract....

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What do we mean by "clears waivers"? In the NFL, if you "clear waivers" it means you did not get picked up by another team, thus you are free to sign with a team.

Is it just more like a moratorium period in the NBA?
    Found this...

"Once players’ contracts are bought out, they are placed on waivers for 48 hours. During that time period, only teams with enough cap space to take on the players’ entire salary or teams with trade or disabled player exceptions can claim them.

Currently, the Jazz, Nuggets, Timberwolves, Nets, Suns, and the Sixers are the only teams with significant cap room. The Pacers, Rockets, Thunder, Bucks, Bulls, and Celtics are all slightly under the cap.

If a player isn’t claimed, he’s free to sign with whichever team he wants."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/2...terrence-jones
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 02-25-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Lousy on defense though.
    True, but are any of the other guys we brought in any better at this point? Plus we know MT can hit the open 3.

I'm good with the guys they brought in. Williams had 17 in that one game. But can he do it consistently?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    True, but are any of the other guys we brought in any better at this point? Plus we know MT can hit the open 3.

I'm good with the guys they brought in. Williams had 17 in that one game. But can he do it consistently?

if we are going to push for the 8th spot then we need all the offensive we can get right now so im with you,,forget the defense and make the playoffs this year...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if we are going to push for the 8th spot then we need all the offensive we can get right now so im with you,,forget the defense and make the playoffs this year...
    I agree. More shooters will really help this team. I am curious how well Jack does. If he's anything close to the player he was before his injury then I think he will help tremendously. He had roughly 12ppg and 7.5 apg. If Jack works well and we add one more solid shooter to the final roster I think we can make the playoffs.

The playoffs aren't a given. We have a tough schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This could also be one of those situations where us fans overvalue a player on our team.

Heh, not me.

Good grief man come back.

So weird. Still not signed, and now not eligible for playoffs right? Why not just stay here and be the first big off the bench? This was a major mistake in his part and IMO just shows teams winning isn't important to him. He's all about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    So weird. Still not signed, and now not eligible for playoffs right? Why not just stay here and be the first big off the bench? This was a major mistake in his part and IMO just shows teams winning isn't important to him. He's all about himself.
    i thought you just had to be waived before march 1 to be playoff eligible. pretty sure you can still sign after the 1st

Thread Information