Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Race for 8

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Literally every time I see him interview
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    haha, for real, his eyes are always so red. Make you wonder if he really does
    If he gets this team to the playoffs, I say we all pitch in and get him 6 months supply of

and

Let's hope Holiday gets it together. I'd also start Moore. Putting Thompson out there early is probably too much. He'd probably play better off the bench.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-03-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Pels only needed one team to lose tonight, that team being Portland. And yes, you may have guessed it, Portland did not lose. #PelsLife
    Nuggets are still the favorites to finish 8th, so the more teams have anything to play for late in the season, the better: Denver has 5 game road trip @Portland, @Charlotte, @Miami, @New Orleans, @Houston from March, 28th to Aptil, 5th, where they can really stumble, so Blazers not being an easy game is important for Pelicans' race to 8th, if they decide to start winning. If not, Portland's results are irrelevant.

The Nuggets have a tough stretch this month. They have 3 easy games, 2 against Charlotte both on 3 days rest and 1 again the Lakers. Besides for that, they have a tough schedule. Jokic will be tired by the time we play them. I can't wait
    Welcome to be here

Don't we also still play the nuggets 3 times? I know twice at least. If so that is a huge swing in the standings right there.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    We could beat the Nuggets all three times, thus pulling us ahead or closer to them, and still miss the playoffs. That's the stinker. Despite being only a couple games back of the 8th there's several teams between us and right behind us.
    @DanielVeuleman

Last time they made the playoffs, I believe they made up 4 games when there were 11 left to play? There is no formula to this.

It's still going to come down to who can get hot. You have to believe one of these teams will. So far it's Denver. A team the Pelicans still have to play 3 times conveniently enough. Sadly two of those are in Denver.

The Pelicans do have the most talent at the top now.
    Last edited by luckyman; 03-03-2017 at 12:42 PM.

This one hurts, but still Spurs even at home was probably top-3 hardest game on the remaining schedule after @Rockets and @Warriors. Still plenty games to play, and team is clearly coming along.

Pels 4.5 games back now with 20 games left.

And Pels 4 games out of a top 3 worst record.

Pelicans are not getting into top-3, since they need to build chemistry between AD/DC, so tanking is not happening.

Pels still play Nuggets 3 times, and Boogie likes to play against Malone. Boogie likes to play against the Jazz, since they naturally slow down the pace, and DC doesn't have to catch the breath as much. Again only @Rockets and @Warriors look like scheduled losses for this team. And teams ahead are stumbling all the time.

Pelicans were just picking their first-round opponent tonight.

They need to start winning before that locker room implodes. Gentry, Holiday, and Cousins all looked and sounded extremely dejected after this one.

All-Star
    This team will do so much effort for nothing.

We aren't making the payoffs this year...l we've f'd too many winnable already since the trade.

Tank...try and get draft lucky, focus on next season. That's the big one. If we can't make noise next year with AD and Boogie then we aren't ever going to make any noise!
    '' We are here!!''

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    We aren't making the payoffs this year...l we've f'd too many winnable already since the trade.

Tank...try and get draft lucky, focus on next season. That's the big one. If we can't make noise next year with AD and Boogie then we aren't ever going to make any noise!
    tanking is not an option for these players and coaches. I wish the fan base could wrap their heads around this and finally come to terms with the fact that they are trying to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by IVICP3 View Post
    This team will do so much effort for nothing.
    I think the end of this season is to get Holiday, AD, and Cousins to gel together. Also, they need to see what pieces to need to put around them.

If we could have made the playoffs cool but it just takes time for these guys to learn how to play together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Pelicans are not getting into top-3, since they need to build chemistry between AD/DC, so tanking is not happening.

Pels still play Nuggets 3 times, and Boogie likes to play against Malone. Boogie likes to play against the Jazz, since they naturally slow down the pace, and DC doesn't have to catch the breath as much. Again only @Rockets and @Warriors look like scheduled losses for this team. And teams ahead are stumbling all the time.

Pelicans were just picking their first-round opponent tonight.
    Love the way you're thinking!
    +1

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    i honestly would prefer they fire Gentry & tank for top 3 - but agree there' no way it's possible under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    i honestly would prefer they fire Gentry & tank for top 3 - but agree there' no way it's possible under the circumstances.
    Even if we end up with the 3rd worst record how many times in the history all of the first three picks went to the teams with the worst records? I am too lazy to check but I recall one time. It's much more important the team gels and looks attractive to new possible Dell's targets.
    Last edited by PolishFan; 03-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Nuggets lose at home to the Hornets. Pels now 4 games back of the 8 seed with the Lakers on the schedule tomorrow (Pels currently favored by 6)

And the Spurs just beat the Wolves, hurting the Wolves and bringing the Spurs to within 2 games of the Warriors for the 1 seed

Blazers won...but they were playing the Nets in Portland so that was obviously expected
    Last edited by jprdbulldog20; 03-04-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Oh, no! Nuggets are pulling away...oops.

Nuggets are too inconsistent. Pelicans are too good to not catch up. Long time lurker and eternal optimist figured I'd liven the mood. We're making the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsTakeFlight View Post
    Nuggets are too inconsistent. Pelicans are too good to not catch up. Long time lurker and eternal optimist figured I'd liven the mood. We're making the playoffs.
    Solid first post

If We want to be in the mix for the playoffs we NEED to win 3of4 our next games. Then we have Portland at home. Big week for US.

Watching the spurs game you could tell we are starting to gell my only problem i's the end. No idea wth they were trying to do I mean give the ball to boogie in the post and let him be a play maker before he fouled out in the thunder game they couldn't stop it him with ad cleaning up were almost unstoppable

Race over 5 games back of Denver 20 games to go
    Now it's a race to bottom We will that also

Even checked ESPN to see, if maybe Nuggets just won an early game, but no, so still exactly 4 games back, and Nuggets don't look like they are going to play above .500 basketball, so with 3 HH games still to play nothing is set in stone as long as Pelicans start to win. And if they continue to lose, you get your wish for demoralizing run to the bottom.

Denver just dropped a home game to a team similar to Pelicans in Hornets: top-10 defense moving meh offense, so 3-0 vs Nuggets is absolutely real possibility.

Thread Information