Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Casspi waived, Reggie Williams signed

Maybe I'm reaching, but Casspi is in NOLA and enjoying Fat Tuesday and his stay here still, maybe he knows something and is making this place his home for a reason.

If it was a bad break up and split, he would have changed his Twitter Avi, as well as update his status as a free agent and moved out of New Orleans.

But all indications are pointing to something else. Hmmmm
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Maybe I'm reaching, but Casspi is in NOLA and enjoying Fat Tuesday and his stay here still, maybe he knows something and is making this place his home for a reason.

If it was a bad break up and split, he would have changed his Twitter Avi, as well as update his status as a free agent and moved out of New Orleans.

But all indications are pointing to something else. Hmmmm
    I feel we probably did a Lance Stephenson like deal, allowing him to rehab in our facility.
    @DanielVeuleman

I think with Bogut signing with the Cavs they will need to cut either Liggins or McRae.

Hopefully one of these or both these guys can replace Williams and or Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think with Bogut signing with the Cavs they will need to cut either Liggins or McRae.

Hopefully one of these or both these guys can replace Williams and or Jack.
    Yea, hearing it will probably be McRae. Could be worth a look

McRae has to be better than Reggie Williams, right?

It was a move (cutting Casspi) that had to be made. Needed depth on the wing no doubt.

I look at these situations and wish the NBA had an injured reserve like the NFL or at least a disabled list like MLB. Both allow a team to free up a roster spot while an injured player rehabs. MLB has various lengths to stay on the DL. Even the NFL has gone from a simple season-ending move to a limited "allow to return" reserve.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding it, the NBA has nothing similar...which is why we carry a Quincy Pondexter who hasn't seen the court in almost two years and have to cut Omri Casspi for a broken thumb that takes four weeks to heal.

Just frustrating.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

third times a charm!

Jimmer is killin it over there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea, hearing it will probably be McRae. Could be worth a look
    Makes sense. Liggins got the most run when Smith went down and they hadn't yet acquired Korver.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Come on Dell pick up McRae and waive Williams If waived pick up Trey Burke and wave whoever is on a 10 day contract

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    Come on Dell pick up McRae and waive Williams If waived pick up Trey Burke and wave whoever is on a 10 day contract
    Burke would be a good pickup, but if you look at there roster they have 2 d-league guys I've never heard of that seem to be more likely waive candidates.

Williams is awful and Thompson is only slightly better, but have people seen, how Derrick Williams is playing in Cleveland? That's how borderline NBA players look like, when placed next to LeBron. When an NBA player gets that opportunity and still looks like McRae, he is not fit to be on NBA roster.

What can he do with our super stars? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Williams is awful and Thompson is only slightly better, but have people seen, how Derrick Williams is playing in Cleveland? That's how borderline NBA players look like, when placed next to LeBron. When an NBA player gets that opportunity and still looks like McRae, he is not fit to be on NBA roster.

Any Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Burke would be a good pickup, but if you look at there roster they have 2 d-league guys I've never heard of that seem to be more likely waive candidates.

House is averaging 13.3 pts, 5.7 rebs, 2.0 ast and shooting 41.9% from 3 in the D-League this year

Any Suggestions?
    No good ones.
    Pels can't really add non-shooters at the moment, so the list of possible candidates is really down to D-League shooters:

James Southerland, soon to be 27 y.o., 6'8", 220 with 7'1" wingspan and 8'10" reach. Defends, hustles and shoots 3s. Does nothing else, but he gets 8 rebs, 1.6 steals, 1.7 blocks, 9.3 3pts at .393 and 0.7 TOs(really knows his limitations) per 36 minutes.

Actually that's it at the moment among guys, who can really shoot it and defend at the same time.

Looking at D. Williams, yes I agree that LeBron makes things easier, but the guy just looks fitter. Looking at pics of him on other rosters and then him with the Cavs and he looks 10 or so pounds lighter and leaner. The word around Williams was always he seemed a little too laid back but it seems being on the verge of out of the league might have been the inspiration he needed, this year atleast.

I certainly wouldn't hold that against McRae, though I have no idea if McRae is even good.

Reggie Williams deal (10 day) will expire soon.

It will be nice to give a shot to Jordan

NBDL

No good ones.
    Pels can't really add non-shooters at the moment, so the list of possible candidates is really down to D-League shooters:

James Southerland, soon to be 27 y.o., 6'8", 220 with 7'1" wingspan and 8'10" reach. Defends, hustles and shoots 3s. Does nothing else, but he gets 8 rebs, 1.6 steals, 1.7 blocks, 9.3 3pts at .393 and 0.7 TOs(really knows his limitations) per 36 minutes.

Actually that's it at the moment among guys, who can really shoot it and defend at the same time.
    Another option is Patricio Garino, Austin Spurs, 23 years old, 6'6 SG/SF, excellent 3 and D guy, 3pt fg: .427, member of Argentina national team.
    http://stats.nbadleague.com/player/#!/1627868/
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Part 2 of McNamara's Offseason Possibilities series just dropped:
    http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...above-the-cap/

Some pretty good options there. I'm pretty excited for seeing how we can round out this roster in the offseason.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Always had a soft spot for MarShon Brooks.

Thread Information