Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Casspi waived, Reggie Williams signed

Ignore my question and comment earlier, playoff eligibility deadline is March 1. For some reason I was thinking it was just after the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Y'all are overreacting.

1. Caspi is getting ALL of his money
    2. I'm sure they discussed this with D.C.
    3. Pelicans CAN resign him when/if he's healthy if he clears waivers
    4. They can use exemptions on Caspi if they have to over the summer

For all we know Caspi will stick around NOLA and hang with D.C. while he gets healthy.
    This should have been the end of the thread with the chicken littles who posted before it editing their posts to being errors that point towards this one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I disagree with you often but this is exactly right. People are so quick to complain because they don't have even 50% of the whole story. We have no idea what discussions with Casspi were like. Is a guy who could not get any playing time this year and was often injured really going to command more than our trade exception this summer? I don't believe so.

Also it makes sense to not cut a QPon because he is owed money next year. We might still be trying to move him this summer to clear that cap. Casspi is owed nothing going forward and wont command much this summer.

Did we really *need* to cut him? Probably not, but I can see their side of wanting as many able bodies as possible to get in here.
    HA LOL, you only disagree with me when you're wrong! Like about Tyreke... who we just traded for Booooooooogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Hardly a "shot" at all, especially in the context he said it; talking about how his role will change with his new team.
    From nola.com article, Let us try this again.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...art_most-read_

''You know in New Orleans sometimes I'd play the first quarter and play the third quarter and I don't see the second or fourth,'' Hield told reporters that was videotaped by the Sacramento Bee. ''It was inconsistent at times.
    #AlvinBall

#Pelslife

6 days ago, Dell Demps pulled off the heist of the decade and all yall were calling him a G. Now he cuts Caspi (a dude he's cut before), and yall go back to thinking yall know better than Dell.

Dell has legitimately turned this team into one that could be 2 seed and challenger to the Warriors in the West next year. In the last 6 days, Dell has added a player to this team that you can have a legitimate barbershop debate about whether or not he's better than AD. That's incredible! And you can say it was all because the Kings are terrible and not because Dell is great, but Dell swooped in and took advantage the way you want a good GM to do it, and his move of pulling the 2019 1st round pick was pure gangsta!

Ya'll need to put some respek on Dell's name. We're a small market team with 3 all star (2 all nba) guys, under 26.

HA LOL, you only disagree with me when you're wrong! Like about Tyreke... who we just traded for Booooooooogie!
    I don't remember what this is about. But I wasn't upset Tyreke was included in the trade or anything. It was one of the greatest heist in NBA history.

And also Jrue had one bad game after an entire slew of all star level games. FORGET that in that one game he was the distributor to a team that just got flip turned upside down. So he sucks, now.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    And also Jrue had one bad game after an entire slew of all star level games. FORGET that in that one game he was the distributor to a team that just got flip turned upside down. So he sucks, now.
    I mean, I don't think he's exactly a "Big 3" worthy player in name, but the knee jerk crap is absurd.

Gets Cousins, Cuts an injured Casspi. Clearly he should be burned alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't remember what this is about. But I wasn't upset Tyreke was included in the trade or anything. It was one of the greatest heist in NBA history.
    Our last prolonged disagreement was in the preseason (unless I'm misremembering) and was about Tyreke's value and whether or not he'd ever play for this team again.

Our last prolonged disagreement was in the preseason (unless I'm misremembering) and was about Tyreke's value and whether or not he'd ever play for this team again.
    If that was it then I was right. He had no value and played to show he was not injured and got traded mid season.

Not that I care to get into it. We have too much to be positive about.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am sure this will upset Cousins. After all the goodwill that we gained in handling him after the trade and then we cut his good friend after one game.
    This is what I'm saying. What stupid ****** move. Stupid stupid dumb move. And Williams out of all people smh
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

All you can do is laugh,

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This is what I'm saying. What stupid ****** move. Stupid stupid dumb move. And Williams out of all people smh
    Yeah, the only thing wrong with this is getting Reggie Williams.
    thi
    Waiving Casspi makes sense. Because what, his bird rights are that crucial? Why would you want to go over the cap to sign him anyway? Casspi isn't going to make a team a playoff contender or not. And even if he did, he's out for a month or more. He can't do anything with a broken thumb.

Pels need the roster spot. The move we made after waiving him doesn't excite me either, but this isn't nearly the idiotic move people are crowing on about.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Well Cassipi wasn't that good in the first place, so ehh. Neither is Reggie but Tomato "Tomoto" well an injured tomoto. And really guys I'm pretty sure he was a throw in with Cousins. If we hadn't got him in the first place, it wouldn't have made Cousins worse or better.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I agree with the move to release Casspi since he will be out for a month or so. That's between 16-20 games we have left in our season. We need able bodies to put on the floor. Reggie Williams has played with us this season and hopefully can provide a decent fill-in on our bench.

I do hope we can re-sign Omri this summer though. While his defense isn't good, he's a big body (6'8") that can knock down the open three and finish on the break.

Anyone know any better options if Reggie Williams isn't offered a 2nd 10 day contract?

6 days ago, Dell Demps pulled off the heist of the decade and all yall were calling him a G. Now he cuts Caspi (a dude he's cut before), and yall go back to thinking yall know better than Dell.

Dell has legitimately turned this team into one that could be 2 seed and challenger to the Warriors in the West next year. In the last 6 days, Dell has added a player to this team that you can have a legitimate barbershop debate about whether or not he's better than AD. That's incredible! And you can say it was all because the Kings are terrible and not because Dell is great, but Dell swooped in and took advantage the way you want a good GM to do it, and his move of pulling the 2019 1st round pick was pure gangsta!

Ya'll need to put some respek on Dell's name. We're a small market team with 3 all star (2 all nba) guys, under 26.
    Dell lucked into a career saving trade. Outside of that he has been a bottom tier GM. We are not a 2 seed. If all the cards fall right we might be a 4 or 5 seed next season. Might be. The hard truth is that despite the trade, all the bad moves he has made are in the background haunting us and keeping us from being able to really add the depth and role players we need to really enter the elite class.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-25-2017 at 12:30 AM.

demarcus not staying in N.O this team is a mess

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    LOL this is hilarious.

What? Gentry just said on his show the other night that Casspi wasn't just some throw in player and that we looked into trying to acquire him earlier in the season. We keep QPon, but cut Casspi? I don't understand this move at all. The guy can play IMO.

But if he's hurt then yes I guess it's ok. QPon tho? We just signed a big wing in Hollis Thompson. We could use some more speed at the position. Still can't believe we couldn't move T Jones and/or Ajinca for some kind of wing
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 02-25-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Anyone know any better options if Reggie Williams isn't offered a 2nd 10 day contract?
    No players come to mind. He's probably the best NBA tested player available for what the team needs right now.
    Some people just gonna whine about anything, though. As if it will change anything anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    What? Gentry just said on his show the other night that Casspi wasn't just some throw in player and that we looked into trying to acquire him earlier in the season. We keep QPon, but cut Casspi? I don't understand this move at all. The guy can play IMO.
    Yes, he can play, but he can't play for the next month or more. QPon has one more year on his contract, which could be covered by insurance if he doesn't play soon. That's why they kept him over Casspi. Still can re-sign Casspi in the off-season, when he will be healed and able to play basketball.

Thread Information