Pelicans Report

Thread: What are your thoughts

Pelicans What are your thoughts

Please do not kill me, I am not an English scholar.

Now after yesterday for a moment in the first quarter I saw a lot of potential. It's not until after that when I notice that we still have ways to go. DMC is a beast very gifted at the 5 position, best part was it came was naturally. Something was said on first take that had me thinking. Who was the batman of the team? Steven A. saying AD and Max saying DMC. Both had good points but to myself I thought instead of who is batman and robin let's look at it more as superman and batman. Now I did agree that this is AD team but I also agree that the offense should be ran more through DMC because of how gifted he is offensively and how well he is able to pass the ball. This could be very helpful to AD because DMC would just be setting AD up making it easier for AD to score. And on the defensive end let them swap responsibilities, letting AD run the defense. Defense was AD's bread and butter coming into the league, which now he can focus back on not worrying about the offense so much. Now things get tricky when it comes to coaching and if Gentry is the right coach. Also I think what needs to be stressed is to the team is to shoot 3's and play defense nothing more nothing less. Anyone we sign from this point on only job is to SHOOT and DEFEND. Now for the Pg position idk. To me jrue has the easiest job, just set his team up. If Rubio had a shot he would be the perfect person for this team. If jure could keep the turnovers down and hit the open shot I'm a happy camper, but if he is doing what he did yesterday, then I rather have George Hill (who is doing really well this year). I don't think we need a PG13 or a Westbrook we are good where we or at. If we do want someone to persue I think a guy like Hayward is someone I would want. A guy that doesn't have a big name but has some skill or someone of his caliber. I'm very excited for the next 24 games and hope for the best. I would also be interested in some if not all of you guys thoughts.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

John Wall. He is our next piece? Could we afford him?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...trade-pelicans

But you have Good thoughts Tyler.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-24-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    John Wall. He is our next piece? Could we afford him?

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washin...trade-pelicans

But you have Good thoughts Tyler.
    Thanks, really appreciate it. As far as John wall I thought recently he signed a contract extension I maybe wrong but if we able to get him that would be a good look

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I agree we need players that can spot up shoot from the perimeter and defend. Moore pretty much fits this bill. Cunningham seems to have improved his 3 point shooting. Hill's inability to hit reliably hit shots from the perimeter seems to make him a net liability. Jrue will need to play at an elite level if he is supposed to be a member of a "bit 3" with AD and Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I agree we need players that can spot up shoot from the perimeter and defend. Moore pretty much fits this bill. Cunningham seems to have improved his 3 point shooting. Hill's inability to hit reliably hit shots from the perimeter seems to make him a net liability. Jrue will need to play at an elite level if he is supposed to be a member of a "bit 3" with AD and Cousins.
    The thing with jure is the price tag. Will we have to break the bank to keep him? Idk, I hope not the way he has played the whole year. The point I want to make is we don't necessarily need a big 3 maybe a 2and a half if anything or a big 2 and some very nice role players

Thread Information