11. Lowry
    12. Kemba
    13. Teague
    14. Schroder
    15. George Hill
    16. Jrue

Still agree to throw max cash at him?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Did you just say that George Hill is better than Jrue?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Did you just say that George Hill is better than Jrue?
    I would say so

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Hahahahahahahaha George Hill

Even if not George Hill that's still about half the league's PG.

Bledsoe is better than Isaiah? Conley better than Wall? yikes

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Bledsoe is better than Isaiah? Conley better than Wall? yikes
    He said not in order
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

One awful game and now this. The fickleness regarding Jrue on this board is truly amazing. And isn't Harden a SG?

Right?

Have people been playing on their Jump to Conclusions Mat?

How about we not over-react to one game? Jrue was total garbage last night, and we all agree. That game doesn't define him. He has been one of the top PGs in the league over the past month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    How about we not over-react to one game? Jrue was total garbage last night, and we all agree. That game doesn't define him. He has been one of the top PGs in the league over the past month or two.
    Who would you put him over not even judging on the game he had last night?

Still agree to throw max cash at him?
    Your list isn't really a useful tool because I'd say Teague is the only player on that list the Pels would have a shot at. So the real comparison is between Holiday, Teague or someone else that by definition is further down your list and would be a downgrade. Can you actually get Teague and if so can you find a better backcourt mix with Teague than you can with Holiday? That is the question to ask, not where Holiday ranks amongst PGs.

They are on the clock with Cousins and AD, they don't have time to develop a PG (why they traded their pick) and with Cousins FA and AD's extension on the line, do you really want to bet on Patty Mills becoming the starting PG you need? Since Holiday can play off ball I'd have no problem bringing another PG in, and I do think we need another creator, but there aren't a ton of paths where the Pels get better by losing Holiday, so you're just going to have to suck it up and pay him.

Jrue played well about 2 weeks before all start. Before that he was below average/average at best. IMO he's playing like he's nursing an injury or avoiding one before his big contract this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Your list isn't really a useful tool because I'd say Teague is the only player on that list the Pels would have a shot at. So the real comparison is between Holiday, Teague or someone else that by definition is further down your list and would be a downgrade. Can you actually get Teague and if so can you find a better backcourt mix with Teague than you can with Holiday? That is the question to ask, not where Holiday ranks amongst PGs.

They are on the clock with Cousins and AD, they don't have time to develop a PG (why they traded their pick) and with Cousins FA and AD's extension on the line, do you really want to bet on Patty Mills becoming the starting PG you need? Since Holiday can play off ball I'd have no problem bringing another PG in, and I do think we need another creator, but there aren't a ton of paths where the Pels get better by losing Holiday, so you're just going to have to suck it up and pay him.
    So you're saying we should max him because he's the only thing on the market? Keep digging that hole.

Quote Originally Posted by LSU1410 View Post
    Who would you put him over not even judging on the game he had last night?
    I think he falls in that 5-8 range. Defensively, he is elite. Offensively, when he is aggressive, he is very good. It all depends on his mindset, which is why Jrue is always so up and down. The talent is there, but he isn't consistent with his mentality.

I put Thomas in that Lillard group and move Bledsoe down. Jrue is in that 9-13 range.

And yes, you pay him what you have to to keep him. He has his flaws but it was clear the entire team was emotional and trying to figure out how to fit Cousins in last night. Beverley has always had Jrue's number. One game does not decide whether he is a valuable player or not.

STOP with the hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I put Thomas in that Lillard group and move Bledsoe down. Jrue is in that 9-13 range.

And yes, you pay him what you have to to keep him. He has his flaws but it was clear the entire team was emotional and trying to figure out how to fit Cousins in last night. Beverley has always had Jrue's number. One game does not decide whether he is a valuable player or not.

STOP with the hot takes.
    Bumped him down because of his propensity for TOs? To me, if he's aggressive, I'll take some TOs. What we can't have is last night, where he was turning the ball over because he was being too passive.

An aggressive Jrue Holiday is on par with Mike Conley for me - at least very close. He needs to improve in a few areas, but I'd say that's a goal he could shoot for.

Pelicans

I think he falls in that 5-8 range. Defensively, he is elite. Offensively, when he is aggressive, he is very good. It all depends on his mindset, which is why Jrue is always so up and down. The talent is there, but he isn't consistent with his mentality.
    5-8??? You can't be serious. While I agree with you his defense is elite, when most of these guards on get it going offensively , it doesn't matter who is guarding them. As for offense, majority of the time, it's above average at best. Not super quick, not lights out shooter, doesn't get to the free throw line at a great rate. He's a good player but giving the max? I'm not sold on that one.

I cannot see him being 5-8. Maybe 10-12 at best. I would like to see him stay, but I have never felt he was a max player.

Bumped him down because of his propensity for TOs? To me, if he's aggressive, I'll take some TOs. What we can't have is last night, where he was turning the ball over because he was being too passive.

An aggressive Jrue Holiday is on par with Mike Conley for me - at least very close. He needs to improve in a few areas, but I'd say that's a goal he could shoot for.
    I put him there because I asked myself who would I take over him. I came up with 8 names for sure, then it starts getting a bit sketchy. I'd personally say he's 9 or 10. He has potential to be higher when he's on but he has the tendency to become passive which is why I can't rank him higher - yet.

As he gets comfortable with Cousins I feel he will be fine. The Rockets are a bad matchup especially for Jrue.

Basketball Guru
    people on this board dont like to be honest...jrue has been hurt and inconsistent since he been here...this is his contract season and he started playing decent ball about a month ago i think....

im just scared that when we resign him,,he will be the same ole jrue and not improve...........imo AD and boogie need a PG who is a general like cp3,,dont know who that PG is out there now but that type of PG will take AD and boogie far......hell,,i resign jrue and try to get ish smith as the backup,,,with smith at PG and jrue at SG with AD and boogie,,,i know smith would have 10+assist just to AD and boogie........

Quote Originally Posted by LSU1410 View Post
    5-8??? You can't be serious. While I agree with you his defense is elite, when most of these guards on get it going offensively , it doesn't matter who is guarding them. As for offense, majority of the time, it's above average at best. Not super quick, not lights out shooter, doesn't get to the free throw line at a great rate. He's a good player but giving the max? I'm not sold on that one.
    I should have been clear. I was referring to what he could/should be if he stayed aggressive. Look at what he did last month.

He averaged 17 points (52% from 3), 7.6 assists, 3.3 rebounds, 2 steals + elite defense.

Jrue needs to up his consistency and cut down on the turnovers. I don't trust him right now, but he showed us what he can be for the past month and a half. That's a start, but we need to see it for the rest of the year. He can't revert to bad Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I put him there because I asked myself who would I take over him. I came up with 8 names for sure, then it starts getting a bit sketchy. I'd personally say he's 9 or 10. He has potential to be higher when he's on but he has the tendency to become passive which is why I can't rank him higher - yet.

As he gets comfortable with Cousins I feel he will be fine. The Rockets are a bad matchup especially for Jrue.
    I can agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha George Hill
    You are laughing but hill is available 18 on 47 from the field and 40 from 3 with pretty good Defense

Quote Originally Posted by kjayb51 View Post
    So you're saying we should max him because he's the only thing on the market? Keep digging that hole.
    You have one season to give both Cousins and AD a reason to commit to another 5 years here. I'm saying you make the moves it takes to be the best team you can be in 2017. If maxing Holiday is a necessary component to achieve that then yes, you max Holiday. What good does saving money on Holiday do if you aren't good enough to keep your big 2?

Thread Information