Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Lets Rank Jrue Holiday

Let's not pretend any guard stops Westbrook. The guy is literally averaging a triple double.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Let's not pretend any guard stops Westbrook. The guy is literally averaging a triple double.
    Cp3 can
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    What was Jrue doing on that play where Cousins got put on a poster by Westbrook?
    Gosh, I saw the replay. How pathetic was that!? No effort whatsoever. That might be the worst blow-by I've ever seen. Ajinca would've made it harder on Westbrook on that play.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Jrue has the rest of the season to figure this out. If he figures it out, he gets the contract. If he can't figure it out and he plays like he has in the past 3 games, he ain't getting paid. Not by us or anyone else.

I don't think there's any reason to debate that he's struggling hard with this new dynamic. And given his injury history, you'd have to be Mike Ditka to think it'd be smart to pay him if he can't figure it out by end of the season.

On top of all this, if he continues to struggle, we might find ourselves keeping our 1st rounder and almost certainly selecting one of the PGs. If that happens, I'm moving back to NOLA.

When Jrue scores at least 18 points, the Pels are 13-6. When Jrue scores less than 18 or doesn't play, the Pels are 11-31

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    When Jrue scores at least 18 points, the Pels are 13-6. When Jrue scores less than 18 or doesn't play, the Pels are 11-31
    I don't know if that means we need Jrue as much as it means we need a capable guard that avgs 18ppg consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I don't know if that means we need Jrue as much as it means we need a capable guard that avgs 18ppg consistently.
    I think we are forced into both. We need Holiday to consistently score 18 ppg plus be great on the defensive end. He's going to get near max money so he better lol!

Article about George Hill:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/...th-to-the-jazz

"But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."

"But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."
    crazy

Is George Hill elite? I don't think anyone would say he is and yet his people think he can get a max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Is George Hill elite? I don't think anyone would say he is and yet his people think he can get a max deal.
    Max deals are given out all the time now and days... that's why I'm scared that we might shoot ourselves in the foot with Jrue ... sooner or later everyone is going to be getting max deals

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Max deals are given out all the time now and days... that's why I'm scared that we might shoot ourselves in the foot with Jrue ... sooner or later everyone is going to be getting max deals
    That's my point, a max deal doesn't mean the player is elite. It all just depends on the market for that player at the time. We might not feel that Jrue is a max guy but you create another gaping hole on the team by not paying him. Sure, we could try and get another guy of his caliber at the 3 but then you would have to pay that guy plus another PG. Any of the decent available PGs are going to command big money.

It really comes down to the fact that we can outbid anyone to keep Jrue and we can go over the cap to do it.

1-9 shooting
    4 points
    3 assists
    5 rebounds
    3 blocks
    1 steal
    4 turnovers

Benched by a Dleague player

So is this what it's going to be lol he plays bad people are gonna complain then he plays good he's worth the max again yaaaaay lol bipolar

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    So is this what it's going to be lol he plays bad people are gonna complain then he plays good he's worth the max again yaaaaay lol bipolar
    Jrue's game is bipolar, up one game and down the next. Honestly, I'm not as concerned with his shooting as I am with his consistant unforced turnovers.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicansBay View Post
    Jrue's game is bipolar, up one game and down the next. Honestly, I'm not as concerned with his shooting as I am with his consistant unforced turnovers.

yes lol...

Thread Information