Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did we learn from last night's Rockets game

Pelicans What did we learn from last night's Rockets game

1. AD and Boogie can continue to put up the numbers they have averaged this season together!!!!
    2. There definitely will be a transition period for learning each other
    3. Jrue needs to continue to be more aggressive, but efficient with the ball.
    4. Casspi has promise as a scorer, but he may be a step slow on defense.
    5. We need another shooter off the bench.
    6. Barring foul trouble Gentry wants either AD or Boogie on the floor at all times.
    7. The starting 5 of Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD and Boogie complement each other.
    8. A healthy Jarret Jack could fit in nicely with this team.
    9. We have reason for excitement.
    10. There is a reason to watch the rest of our games!!!!!!!!!!!

except casspi broke his hand and is done for season.

We have No bench and need some shooters asap !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. We can't continue to run the offense like we have in the past with two big men on the floor.
    12. 3 point attempts from our big men has to be limited
    13. It's going to take time for this team to find its new identity.

We learned that Houston is the truth.

Houston will live and die by 3s so they probably won't make the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

Yep and more consistency out of Holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

what decent shooters are available?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    except casspi broke his hand and is done for season.
    4-6 weeks is not the season

he will be healthy in our championship run in the PO

he should be ready at the end/beginning of April
    we have 6 games in April

I was fully expecting to read the OP and it be fully negative. I'm SO happy to see positivity. Yes, last night was rough but what was clear to see was Boogie and AD CAN play together. It will just take time.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Houston will live and die by 3s so they probably won't make the finals.

but if they are the 4th seed and their offense is on then they may knock GS out the playoffs....

Basketball Guru
    AD and boogie dont have a supporting cast this year and we all will have to wait until next season to see the potential this team can be with better players around them...

Although last night was disappointing I was more impressed with Boogie watching him play the entire game that dude is legit and he fights and gives 100% every second he was the best player on the floor last night . We made the correct move getting this guy now we have him and AD to build around in the future . Pels future is exciting can't wait until Saturday night . It's gonna be tough until we get some shooters .

Boogie and AD on the court together had an offensive rating of like 87. It can get better as they play more together, but the guys around them can't hang around like dinguses waiting for something to happen. We need to have more activity on the court when players don't have the ball.

There is much to be hopeful about with the team, we just need to get a proper system in place first.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Give. It. 5. Games.

We will know so much more. It took the Miami Lebrons about 15 games to even look like a playoff team and that was with the full benefit of practice time.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    11. We can't continue to run the offense like we have in the past with two big men on the floor.
    12. 3 point attempts from our big men has to be limited
    13. It's going to take time for this team to find its new identity.
    This. I said it after 2 minutes that the pace was too fast. I agree also about the threes from the bigs

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We learned that Houston is the truth.
    Unfortunately yes they are and I hate them just the Falcons

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I was fully expecting to read the OP and it be fully negative. I'm SO happy to see positivity. Yes, last night was rough but what was clear to see was Boogie and AD CAN play together. It will just take time.
    Great post. I really want to enjoy this team. I actually don't need the championship although I wouldn't mind but a team that goes deep almost every year in the playoffs would make me happy. I appreciate knowledge but if with knowledge comes enourmous negativity then I pass.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    1. Boogie is a underrated passer, and that's even an understatement. He was making some great passes.
    2. Boogie has to get mauled by 3 players before getting a foul called; no wonder he gets so many techs. A bunch of horsecrap.

Were you watching the same game as I? Boogies voluntary falling on his ****** after every shot so he wouldnt have to run back on defense is very disturbing. And he's been doing that for many years. Voluntary arm wrestling everyone that's near him is also mind boggling why the hell is he doing this stupid nonsense. AD and Boogie running into each other on offense can get fixed, over time... Also they weren't dominating inside the paint at all. I saw Boogie and AD shoot more 3s than layups.

Well, as someone who has watched DMC play the past 6.5 years in Sacramento, you will quickly find out why he has the amount of techs that he has. He seriously gets beat up down low. Nene deserved a tech or two from his play verse DMC. Regardless, as frustrating as it is, he needs to play through it and hustle down the court. The Bogut's and the Nene's of the league know how to frustrate Cousins, while sliding under the ref's radar (or they hate DMC and allow it). I know he goes to the line a lot, but it's a fraction of the amount he should be at the line.

I'm rooting you guys on.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    Were you watching the same game as I? Boogies voluntary falling on his ****** after every shot so he wouldnt have to run back on defense is very disturbing.
    I seem to recall seeing him get completely laid out and then still getting up to get the rebound at the other end.

I expected miscommunications, floor spacing errors and so forth in the first few games, but the one constant for weeks has been the unforced turnovers by players that have been here two or more years. That has to stop. I don't know if the players are forcing a game that they are not equipped for or what. But in these games they don't treasure the possessions. It's mind blowing that NBA players treat possessions like my high teams did. This is one area that can the players can control with total concentration on what they're doing. Let's hope they get it together or the season a bust.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We learned that the dream ...going on a run, just missing the playoffs, and pulling off the miracle of getting a top 3 pick ...is in play!

At least initially, doubling or tripling whichever big has the ball and forcing the rest of the pels to step up seems like pretty good defense against this team.

Thread Information