Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: We signed Hollis Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I do not think that is a rule. He was not traded. I think he can be re-signed now.
    Yeah think you are right, as he wasn't traded and then waived the rule doesn't apply. So that would mean if we did re-sign him, he'd be getting two salaries from the Pels haha

Michael McNamara‏ @SilverAndMac 6h6 hours ago

I fully expect a Pelicans signing in the next 48 hours. Maybe next 24. Offer is out to Casspi. He has decide between ring chasing and $$

There was always a mutual agreement between the two parties. Not like Pels just coldly cut him in the middle of the night

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    sure feels like the Pels are clearing room to sign Casspi!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    sure feels like the Pels are clearing room to sign Casspi!
    Well it was just reported that they're signing Quinn Cook to a 10-day to replace Seldon. But that should just have the roster at 14, still leaving one last roster spot open for a possible Casspi signing.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm sure Cousins is putting in a good word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm sure Cousins is putting in a good word.
    I'm sure that's a major factor. It's got to be hard for Omri. It's probably one of if not his only chance to go ring chasing but he has to also feel some loyalty to Cousins too.

I won't be mad if he goes to one of the major teams to compete for a ring. I'd be pretty upset if he went to a barely got into the playoffs team instead of us though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Regarding the idea of ring chasing... How much pride could Casspi take in a championship ring won under those circumstances? Not being part of that team the entire regular season, then at the last minute hopping aboard a winning team? I would think the sense of accomplishment would not be the same at all. Maybe it would make sense if he was an old vet about to retire who had never won a ring. But Casspi got a lot of future ahead of him in the NBA.

Pretty pumped for the early game tomorrow night. After all this talk about Rubio being a possible addition, it'll be cool to scout him and see how he plays vs. the Pels. And Cousins will be back, whoot. They might have to play Aldrich extended minutes to match up with Cousins in the low post.

Wonder who will start at SG now, stay with the streak of starting the new 10 day contract guy? (Cook in this case)

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Regarding the idea of ring chasing... How much pride could Casspi take in a championship ring won under those circumstances? Not being part of that team the entire regular season, then at the last minute hopping aboard a winning team? I would think the sense of accomplishment would not be the same at all. Maybe it would make sense if he was an old vet about to retire who had never won a ring. But Casspi got a lot of future ahead of him in the NBA.
    Being one of the 15 players on a championship team no matter how you got there is a pretty big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post

I fully expect a Pelicans signing in the next 48 hours. Maybe next 24. Offer is out to Casspi. He has decide between ring chasing and $$

There was always a mutual agreement between the two parties. Not like Pels just coldly cut him in the middle of the night
    That would solidify the bench pretty much. I'm good with Fraizer, Crawford, Moore, Casspi, Cunningham, and Diallo. Maybe abother big for cheap but all we would need is a staring 2 guard.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post

That would solidify the bench pretty much. I'm good with Fraizer, Crawford, Moore, Casspi, Cunningham, and Diallo. Maybe abother big for cheap but all we would need is a staring 2 guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    We already had cook there is still another signing needed
    I'm a grinder

Thread Information