Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Westbrook future Pelican?

If not that reload our roster with a nice bench and find some decent role starters 3 and D guys i presume
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

And let's not forget about the designated player provision now, which makes it even more unlikely that superstars leave their current teams.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL not even worth discussing with. Moving on
    You may want to read the new CBA before getting your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL not even worth discussing with. Moving on
    Yeah if he goes anywhere it would probably be the Lakers. Hey if the Lakers don't want to wait they probably have the assets to make the trade now.

Westbrook would be awesome...The point everyone is missing is this...Westbrook could not sign until summer 2018. Boogie is not signing an extension this summer unless we go farther than a 1st round exit. Boogie will wait until 2018 offseason so he can get the most money. I honestly think if we are not in 4-7 seed in playoffs next year then he will not stay. I do not see westbrook coming here...I think he wants to go to a big market. I would rather go after Paul George or Jimmy Butler...I do not think we will have enough money to sign more than 3 max players so Jrue would be gone no matter if we got Westbrook, George, or Butler. I also do not see us being a 4-7 seed next year without Jrue/another guard/wing that is really good on the roster.
    Last edited by msw2024; 02-22-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Why does everyone wants to go after a Paul George or a Westbrook. Can we just be grateful for what we have. I honestly don't think we need either of those guys tbh... but hey that's my opinion

Does anyone know how much a Paul George or Westbrook will cost? I rather focus on keeping Cousins and Davis here long term.

The time to add ring chaser free agents begins this summer and doesn't end until they lose Boogie or AD. Perusing the 2017 list, it seems heavy with PG's and 4/5 types. Of the PG's, I don't see anyone who I would risk losing Jrue to go after -- Lowry, George Hill, & Teague don't do as much for me. Curry isn't leaving GS. CP3 is too old to replace Jrue, but I would certainly try to bring him in in addition to Jrue. (I hear CP3 promised to sign with the Cips already.) IF he took at 2 year deal with LAC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back here in 2020 for a minimum contract.

Here is my list of guys who I think would help AND be realistic for a mid-level deal starting at 8 mil OR LESS: Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, JJ Redick (unlikely and not as high on him - a bit overrated I think), Patrick Mills, Bojan Bogdanovic, Kyle Korver, Langston Galloway, Tim Hardaway Jr, Deron Williams, Sefolosha, Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade. If I'm Dell, I'm looking super duper hard at Livingston and Iguodala and trying to decide if I want to give either them 4 years 36 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    The time to add ring chaser free agents begins this summer and doesn't end until they lose Boogie or AD. Perusing the 2017 list, it seems heavy with PG's and 4/5 types. Of the PG's, I don't see anyone who I would risk losing Jrue to go after -- Lowry, George Hill, & Teague don't do as much for me. Curry isn't leaving GS. CP3 is too old to replace Jrue, but I would certainly try to bring him in in addition to Jrue. (I hear CP3 promised to sign with the Cips already.) IF he took at 2 year deal with LAC, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back here in 2020 for a minimum contract.

Here is my list of guys who I think would help AND be realistic for a mid-level deal starting at 8 mil OR LESS: Shaun Livingston, Andre Iguodala, JJ Redick (unlikely and not as high on him - a bit overrated I think), Patrick Mills, Bojan Bogdanovic, Kyle Korver, Langston Galloway, Tim Hardaway Jr, Deron Williams, Sefolosha, Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade. If I'm Dell, I'm looking super duper hard at Livingston and Iguodala and trying to decide if I want to give either them 4 years 36 million.
    Wade for 8millions??

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Wade for 8millions??
    I'd consider it. If Wade wants another shot at winning a ring, there aren't many places he can go. But I agree it's the longest of shots. Plus I'm not sure I really like the idea anyway. But some players will be willing to give up a lot of $ to come here.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thread Information