Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for tomorrow night?

Expectations for tomorrow night?

Obviously I'd like to see a final score of 131 - 98 Pelicans, but what are y'all's (trying to be as unbiased as possible) predictions for tomorrow night versus Houston?

Will we win? Will you freak out if we don't? What in particular will you be looking for to justify a successful first game in this new era?

Will Boogie play?

I remember the speculation for his low involvement in the all star game was a minor injury, not the trade.....so is a full go (sorry if already addressed elsewhere...been a busy week)?

I think Boogie and AD will gel quicker than people realize, my thing would be more about how long it takes for the front court to start getting confident and pushing their defense out to lock down the outside.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Rockets are good. James Harden is an MVP candidate. I hope it's a close game, but my bet would be a disappointment tomorrow night and then a win in Dallas on Saturday.

If Jrue gets in foul trouble (likely) guarding Harden, we don't have any guard depth for tomorrow.

i think we lose by 15

Basketball Guru
    we lose then go on a winning streak next week when the team settle in....book it..

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Will Boogie play?

I remember the speculation for his low involvement in the all star game was a minor injury, not the trade.....so is a full go (sorry if already addressed elsewhere...been a busy week)?

I think Boogie and AD will gel quicker than people realize, my thing would be more about how long it takes for the front court to start getting confident and pushing their defense out to lock down the outside.
    Of course Boogie's gonna play. He's healthy. Just took the opportunity to rest up during the AS game.

Some of you are gonna see why he has 17 techs. He gets hammered like Shaq used to while the refs swallow their whistles and call garbage fouls on him.

depends what Rockets do at the deadline, good chance they're thin in rotation if they make another trade before the deadline. Doesn't sound like they'll have Lou tomorrow which is a plus

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Please temper expectations.

Win. 113-105. They know that we don't have time to lose.

Houston don't scare me I think we are gonna beat them easily , believe the hype it's Boogie nights !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If we do win, expectations will be out of control the rest of the way. And I'm ok with that!

Rockets won the only game of the season comfortably, never putting the end result in doubt. It's still 40-18 team, even if Pels play at home. Not being blown out due to sloppy offense and missed rotation on D will be realistic expectation. Pulling out a close game would be a nice surprise, but I expect Rockets to be properly motivated, expecting playoff-level opponent and not 23-34 team. Miami did beat Rockets in Houston by outworking them right before the break, so they are by no means unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Please temper expectations.
    Agreed

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    Rockets won the only game of the season comfortably, never putting the end result in doubt. It's still 40-18 team, even if Pels play at home. Not being blown out due to sloppy offense and missed rotation on D will be realistic expectation. Pulling out a close game would be a nice surprise, but I expect Rockets to be properly motivated, expecting playoff-level opponent and not 23-34 team. Miami did beat Rockets in Houston by outworking them right before the break, so they are by no means unbeatable.
    James Harden is Houston's leading rebounder. So,WHO, exactly is going to guard Fire & Ice ? Capella, Nene, Dekker, Anderson ? NOT!

Think it's going to take at least 8-10 games for Cousins to settle in. I think going 5-5 over next 10 is realistic. I think they could heat up over last 15, though. 10-5 is possible. 50-50 to make the post season. Don't see Denver falling back. They are in rhythm. We need to learn a new tune. It's going to be close. Excitement of trade could inspire Pels at home Thursday. So I could see us knocking off Rockets in an upset. Dip will come after excitement wears off....

I am not sure who is going to win, but seeing AD guard Ryno all game is going to be great. Makes me feel kind of sad for Ryno to be honest.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I am not sure who is going to win, but seeing AD guard Ryno all game is going to be great. Makes me feel kind of sad for Ryno to be honest.
    Im sure hes had plenty of practice.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Im sure hes had plenty of practice.
    No doubt. The interesting thing is AD no longer has to switch. He can stay on the 4 and he doesn't have to move to the 5 unless he absolutely has to.

All-Star
    Lose, Rockets will fire us at 3 pont line, especially Eric.

Cousins and Davis will be training in the floor...

I expect to not be the only person sitting in my section as per usual. I also expect to be surrounded by a bunch of new people who have never been to a game before talking about how awesome we are while same time checking parade tracker to see if Muses is downtown yet.

We will probably lose and we will probably look horrible doing it. We just had a huge roster shakeup and only one day of practice. We're playing one of the top 5 teams in the NBA. But, tomorrow really doesn't mean anything. It will take some time to adjust to the new roster but I'm ecstatic to watch the new Pels take their lumps and hopefully morph into a playoff team in a month or so.

Rockets favored by 3 so should be a close game

I would say houston wins in a close game but i want to win this game so much.

I dont remember being so excited before a basketball game

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    James Harden is Houston's leading rebounder. So,WHO, exactly is going to guard Fire & Ice ? Capella, Nene, Dekker, Anderson ? NOT!
    Pelicans are one of the worst rebounding teams so far this season, while Rockets are an average one. Rockets also have second-best offense.
    Even most thought out sets work only if they are executed properly. Minute details like angles or timing of screens can be a difference between an easy shot and a TO. NBA offense is not a series of 1-on-1 plays, even if it might seem like that on TV. And this team is incorporating a major piece with very complex role, which is a major disruption, and they only had one practice.
    Defense is not as simple as making defensive plays either as you need to know, where to move in different situations. If this is a close a game regardless of end result, that would be enough for me to be very optimistic about making POs this year.
    Last edited by Gilles; 02-22-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Thread Information