Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boogie & Casspi Press Conference

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    A lot of other teams out there weren't willing to give Boogie a chance so I hope he remembers how much faith we put in to him when he has that max extension on his desk this summer.
    He's not signing that. As has been stated before, he'll get more money from us the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Shaq said he was cursing teammates out too much in the locker room instead of leading by example. I think that will not be as much of a concern in NOLA with Demarcus being older and for the first time paired with other great players like AD and Jrue.
    Teammates going at each other in the locker room is not unusual. Not even for good teams. Shaq is one to talk seeing how he and Kobe went at it. Jordan was notorious with that. Pops openly curses out his players and assistants.

It's a grown man competitive sport. As long as the goal gets met and everybody eventually gets on the same page. I'd be more worried about a quiet, docile locker room.

Welcome Boogie!

Awesome!

Thanks guys...

Yeah All my takes in total

-- Super Excited to play with AD: said after their game last week they both were trying to get each other to come play with each other
    -- Sometimes he prays for help on the court in Sac, prayers were answered for him to have help
    -- Thinks he sees what Dells/Gentry sees, they compliment each other well.
    -- they will make each other better basketball players
    -- Fire and Ice nickname came from how well he thinks they will play off each other and grow. When its needed he will Fire, when need AD will ice lol
    -- Dell said this isn't a defining moment for him, he is just trying to win
    -- Boogie felt so comfortable and it meant alot to have Coach/Gm come get him; Dell Thanked the Bensons.
    -- Overall he is ready to work and get out there and play, thinks it was a very emotional period but its a blessing b/c whats mean to be is meant to me
    -- I think he is here to stay as long as what they think plays on on the court.
    -- Feels they could be a really good big 3, wants to play first, but feels they present problems for the league.

Thats all i have!
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He's not signing that. As has been stated before, he'll get more money from us the year after.
    The Pelicans have good reason to believe they can keep Cousins long term. Basketball wise its a great fit for him playing next to AD. Chemistry wise, same. He gets to be close to his family in Mobile. Play somewhere that he is wanted and embraced by fans. Cousins also seems like the type of guy to put down roots and embrace his environment. I see him playing here for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    are you reffering to the ability to sign a 6 year deal under the new CBA? As I understand it Cousins is in the 30% bracket either way.

Much appreciated. I'm waiting for the replay to go up on the team site but this will hold me over.

Quote Originally Posted by ajrochel View Post
    Yeah All my takes in total

-- Super Excited to play with AD: said after their game last week they both were trying to get each other to come play with each other
    -- Sometimes he prays for help on the court in Sac, prayers were answered for him to have help
    -- Thinks he sees what Dells/Gentry sees, they compliment each other well.
    -- they will make each other better basketball players
    -- Fire and Ice nickname came from how well he thinks they will play off each other and grow. When its needed he will Fire, when need AD will ice lol
    -- Boogie felt so comfortable and it meant alot to have Coach/Gm come get him; Dell Thanked the Bensons.
    -- Overall he is ready to work and get out there and play, thinks it was a very emotional period but its a blessing b/c whats mean to be is meant to me
    -- I think he is here to stay as long as what they think plays on on the court.
    -- Feels they could be a really good big 3, wants to play first, but feels they present problems for the league.

Thats all i have!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    The Pelicans have good reason to believe they can keep Cousins long term. Basketball wise its a great fit for him playing next to AD. Chemistry wise, same. He gets to be close to his family in Mobile. Play somewhere that he is wanted and embraced by fans. Cousins also seems like the type of guy to put down roots and embrace his environment. I see him playing here for years to come.
    The point isn't that he's not signing with the Pelicans, it's that he's not signing with the Pelicans this summer. If he signs after this year, he's looking at a significant cut from what the team can offer if he waits.

Chris did try and get players to come down here they just didn't want to come.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonios View Post
    The point isn't that he's not signing with the Pelicans, it's that he's not signing with the Pelicans this summer. If he signs after this year, he's looking at a significant cut from what the team can offer if he waits.
    Exactly. Thanks.

I think Cousins attitude on the court is exactly what this team needs. IMO he's like our Draymon Green who Curry says he s him going. Maybe Cousins can let a fire under AD and get him going at times. I believe maybe 10% of what the media says about Cousins. They are constantly looking for stories and when they have none they make them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonios View Post
    I understand that. Just saying, i think the odds are good that he will be here long term whether the extension is signed this summer or next.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I think Cousins attitude on the court is exactly what this team needs. IMO he's like our Draymon Green who Curry says he s him going. Maybe Cousins can let a fire under AD and get him going at times. I believe maybe 10% of what the media says about Cousins. They are constantly looking for stories and when they have none they make them up.
    I agree 100%. Great balance of energy between AD and Cousins.

Anyone want to bother explaining to me how Cousins gets more money by waiting until FA. I know this is true of guys like Lebron who are already making "above" a max but how is this true of Boogie?

Quote Originally Posted by ajrochel View Post

Dell answered that question with class, but lets be real. This will define him as a GM when its all said and done. The Chris Paul trade wasnt really his with all the NBA meddling as then de-facto owners. This was all him, and it might be a top 5 trade in NBA history.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Dell answered that question with class, but lets be real. This will define him as a GM when its all said and done. The Chris Paul trade wasnt really his with all the NBA meddling as then de-facto owners. This was all him, and it might be a top 5 trade in NBA history.
    No doubt about it. Dell kept busy with a bunch of small and mid level moves but the pieces didn't fit properly in place and he never managed to pull off a game changer. The Pelicans were helplessly stuck in mediocrity, trading for Okafor would have been just another mid level shuffling, but they had to do something because it was desperate times. Then at the last minute, the golden opportunity Dell waited years for finally materialized, and he capitalized on it. Dell finally managed to change the course of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

The 0 on the Boogie jersey looks like a spooky ghost.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Let's hope AD was doing the same with Gordon Hayward.
    No way we could afford Hayward too, dude will get more than Barnes.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	6251

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The 0 on the Boogie jersey looks like a spooky ghost.
    LOL

lil nubby arms and all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thOICGACD0.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	6252

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I agree with this. Boogie will push AD to be the best he can be, and AD will serve as a calming presence for Boogie. I think this pairing will bring out the best in both players.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

perfect

Thread Information