Pelicans Report

Thread: Joel interview with Boogie and Casspi

Awesome interview. Sounds like he's willing to give us a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    thanks was looking for this.

What does Cousins mean that he and Gentry are getting through the hard part?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    What does Cousins mean that he and Gentry are getting through the hard part?
    him being traded having to move and I think he meant he made it more comfortable for him

Thanks for this. Joel is such a great person! It looks like the friendship between DC and Casspi is very strong. I wonder if Casspi stays here and how he will play here

DC signing is so big that noone really talks about Casspi. Is it possible that he becomes our reliable starting SF? Is there a chance that this could be more important than we think right now?

I really enjoed the press conference. DC looks like a very passionate and honest person. I actually rarely enjoy things like that cause people usually say things that other expect to hear or are too politically correct. Cousins seemed to be super honest in everything he was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    DC signing is so big that noone really talks about Casspi. Is it possible that he becomes our reliable starting SF? Is there a chance that this could be more important than we think right now?
    Many SAC fans wanted him starting over Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Many SAC fans wanted him starting over Rudy.
    good to hear that

I like that Casspi was a part of the trade. He and Cousins are great friends which should help with his transition. He can also be a solid addition to the court as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I like that Casspi was a part of the trade. He and Cousins are great friends which should help with his transition. He can also be a solid addition to the court as well.
    but possibly he could become much more important than just a friend/transition helper. When I try to remember the Kings games I have seen my impression is that is very, very solid

I think Hill is a better fit at SF right now with his defense. Casspi does give us a very solid piece of the bench which I'm excited about. Possible he does eventually start but I doubt it. Hill seems to be getting his groove back and if he is anywhere near the player we recently say then he's going to be a great fit. IMO Hill is going to be our Ariza and we could see a similiar turn around in his 3 point shooting which has improved over the last month. Either way Casspi is going to see some minutes and have a role.

but possibly he could become much more important than just a friend/transition helper. When I try to remember the Kings games I have seen my impression is that is very, very solid
    I completely agree. If he's healthy we have a legit piece. Like I said above I like Hill starting though especially if he continues to improve.

Read this. Great article about what Casspi can be for us. I think you will enjoy it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.fanra...?client=safari
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-22-2017 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Read this. Great article about what Casspi can be for us. I think you will enjoy it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.fanra...?client=safari
    I appreciate this So it looks like Hill is a better defender but Casspi rebounds better. It looks like our rebounding will change dramatically

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    anyone can look good in highlights but I did enjoy his threes against GS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ah! A bunch of highlights from that game, when Omri went full unstoppable chucker mode on Warriors giving them the taste of their own medicine!

Omri gets wild from time to time on his drives, which often results in fast-breaks, so not a good idea to give him the ball in half-court, but he's a good cutter and obviously can shoot. Casspi is most effective in the open court, where you get tall ballhandler/finisher supporting the break/early offense. He likes to rebound, in part because it allows him to push, and thus helps controlling defensive glass.

Defense is mixed baggage as he's quick, but not particularly agile, so he gets stuck on screens, but does ok, when switched on quicker ballhandlers.

Frazier pushes the ball a bit more than Jrue, plus getting up and down the court is not the best way to exploit size advantage, so at first glance Omri fits better off the bench.
    Last edited by Gilles; 02-22-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Thanx for the interview, it was fun to watch. Casspi was always Cousins' closest teammate, on and off the court. I think that could help Cousins a lot with arriving in New Orleans.

That's a famous short video of them, Casspi fixing Cousins' head band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ0JMxNzbnU

Pictures of them covered with mud from the vacation in the deat sea in Israel:

http://www.nba.com/kings/gallery/gal...swim-dead-sea/

And Casspi dual with Steph Curry from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh7g7dwAhiI

Casspi scored 36 Points in that game, including 9 from 12 for 3's. He's ready to play the Warriors again in the first round of the platoffs :-)

I'm very excited about this whole thing, can't wait to watch their first game as Pelicans!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	161-1168x657.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	6253  
    Last edited by alonshin; 02-22-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Your heart is free. Have the courage to follow it

good to hear that
    He's a good role player. Scrappy. Defensive. Hustler. Turned himself into an above average spot up shooter last couple seasons.

Should fit well with Jrue/Boogie/AD as there won't be many other shots to go around besides spot up 3's and hustle points.

All-Star
    What I like the most with him is that he takes quicks decision and don't hang on to the ball. Shoot drive or pass but move the rock. He surprisingly seems also very quick on his feet and plays with a fast pace. Really nice addition.

Thread Information