Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bad trade at least longterm

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    For a lot of people, insane as it actually is, a trade is only a good trade if the guy(s) you give up become terrible. If they go and play great, then I guess the trade was bad. I mean, how can both sides benefit from a move? Shouldn't we make potential opponents worse?

Probably because people are insecure and petty.

Oh wait. We lost the first game. Badly. Guess it was a bad trade. Fire everyone. Move the team. Kill ourselves.

Casspi still on the team? Bird rights?

There is always this option if things bottom out.

http://deadspin.com/the-pelicans-are...ney-1792709511

Beyond that, there would be nothing preventing the Pelicans from flipping Cousins to another team this summer if they decide that the partnership with Davis just absolutely will not work. A failed half season in New Orleans would certainly depress Cousins’s value a little bit, but it wouldn’t be at all surprising if the Pelicans ended up getting more than they gave up for him in this scenario.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-25-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    wah wah
    so you people called me a troll and a fool for stating that Dell was just trying to save his job when he paid way too much for Mr. Attitude! We're 0-2 and the team looks much worse. Guess what no playoffs and no more employment for Dell and Alvin. Total mess right now. Oh and besides wasting ALL of our first round picks other than AD Dell also left Seth Curry leave just when the kid was starting to show some promise. Is Seth great NO, is he his brother NO BUT what he is is at least as good as our guards. Boy could we have used Buddy or Evans the last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by specialman View Post
    so you people called me a troll and a fool for stating that Dell was just trying to save his job when he paid way too much for Mr. Attitude! We're 0-2 and the team looks much worse. Guess what no playoffs and no more employment for Dell and Alvin. Total mess right now. Oh and besides wasting ALL of our first round picks other than AD Dell also left Seth Curry leave just when the kid was starting to show some promise. Is Seth great NO, is he his brother NO BUT what he is is at least as good as our guards. Boy could we have used Buddy or Evans the last 2 games.
    We could go 0-25 with Cousins, and it would still be obvious that we didn't pay too much for him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Calling you a troll was a compliment. Because you're basically saying we'd be better off without Cousins. Which is so monumentally stupid.

And then you compound it by saying we gave up TOO MUCH.

Everyone who is even remotely objective thinks we got an absolute steal. Most of the NBA, including other NBA executives, don't know how a trade like this gets done with so few assets exchanged.

And we gave up too much? We traded for an All-Star still in his prime, for a rookie with promise, a top 3 protected first and filler.

And we gave up too much.

Argue the merits of how good Cousins is, or regail us with the amazing logic that trading two of our better outside shooters means we don't have outside shooters and be right and not make a bit of difference.

But sit there and basically say we'd be better off without Cousins in the long run? I say that's being foolish.

There is not a GM in the league that doesn't make that trade, job in jeopardy or not. Gonna sit behind that screen like the President of the United States and let that kinda crazy come out your mouth? Fool is being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Calling you a troll was a compliment. Because you're basically saying we'd be better off without Cousins. Which is so monumentally stupid.

And then you compound it by saying we gave up TOO MUCH.

Everyone who is even remotely objective thinks we got an absolute steal. Most of the NBA, including other NBA executives, don't know how a trade like this gets done with so few assets exchanged.

And we gave up too much? We traded for an All-Star still in his prime, for a rookie with promise, a top 3 protected first and filler.

And we gave up too much.

Argue the merits of how good Cousins is, or regail us with the amazing logic that trading two of our better outside shooters means we don't have outside shooters and be right and not make a bit of difference.

But sit there and basically say we'd be better off without Cousins in the long run? I say that's being foolish.

There is not a GM in the league that doesn't make that trade, job in jeopardy or not. Gonna sit behind that screen like the President of the United States and let that kinda crazy come out your mouth? Fool is being nice.
    Your correct , I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you judge this trade after 2 games ? Warriors weren't built overnight. You need STARS to win in the NBA . This offseason will be crucial. Not the last 23 games. Specialman you're being short cited. ...it'll be too easy just to call you a clown. ..But, I'll say your post was clown like.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    We could go 0-25 with Cousins, and it would still be obvious that we didn't pay too much for him.
    We could trade him(D.C.) in the offseason and get more than what we had before. I do agree on that point. But right now we stay the course .
    Last edited by Champ; 02-26-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    This 1000x over.

To expect this team to gel so quickly wasn't realistic. AD, Demarcus and Jrue need more playing time together on the floor. I expect them to be playing better as a unit by the end of next week. The issues I have with this team are the play of Solo and Dante. Solo doesn't call for the ball and attack in the mid-range as he should while Dante is always beat on defensive switches. We need those two to raise their level of play to solidify the SF position.

I really want Dell to waive Q-Pon to sign another player that can contribute on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    To expect this team to gel so quickly wasn't realistic. AD, Demarcus and Jrue need more playing time together on the floor. I expect them to be playing better as a unit by the end of next week. The issues I have with this team are the play of Solo and Dante. Solo doesn't call for the ball and attack in the mid-range as he should while Dante is always beat on defensive switches. We need those two to raise their level of play to solidify the SF position.
    Trust the process?

Thread Information