Pelicans Report

Thread: Moore and Hill

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Moore and Hill

With Buddy and Tyreke out of the picture, the path is clear for Moore and Hill to play increased minutes at SG and SF. The two free agent targets seemed like underwhelming moves at the time, but we are about to get a really good look at that investment. It's going to be interesting to see. Both of them are good defenders. On offense, Moore can stretch the perimeter with his shooting touch and Hill will be better suited as the 5th scoring option who facilitates offense off the dribble and with screens. If it works out, the Pelicans suddenly have a legitimate starting five without any weak links.

1- Holiday
    2- Moore
    3 - Hill
    4 - Davis
    5- Cousins

Who is the most happy after AD with this trade? I would say Frazier and then Moore

Am I missing something or do we onlY have one SG?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Am I missing something or do we onlY have one SG?
    Fortunately for us, We've got a combo in Jrue Holiday who can easily play next to Frazier for a lot of SG minutes. If you look at it like:

2 Spots 96 Minutes

Jrue: 33mins
    Moore: 29 Minutes
    Frazier: 24 Minutes

You need a 4th guard to soak up 10-15 minutes a game. Ideal? no, sure you want to upgrade.... but really Quinn Cook would be just fine for 12 minutes a game

I'd love to see Hill take more 3s per game than he does dribbles. He's really been heating up lately, and he should have space to launch every time he touches the ball. Moore will finally have the room to run those back door cuts he's so good at. The ability to see these cuts is an underrated part of his game, and its an important ability when your bigs can stretch the floor and put the ball on the floor. Thats basically the only way Tony Allen ever scores, but Moore has a much better jumper than Allen. Cunningham should benefit as well. He's shooting something like 50% from the corner 3 this year, so I wouldn't mind seeing some Caspi at the 2, Cunningham at the 3 in bench units.

Moore is probably breathing the greatest sigh of relief right now. For a while he was our big free agent signing, and because he wasn't scoring and impacting the game as most people were expecting, he was trashed on. Now he can do what he was really signed to do.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information