Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sooooo I'll be the first one to say it..

How about we just see how Alvin does over the next 25 games?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just like with the Chris Paul talk, some of us can't stop looking backwards.

Unless Gentry absolutely screws this all up I'd probably still keep him around. Cousins is not used to stability from his coach at all. For his sake and to show we are a stable organization, I'd probably refrain from the firing of a coach 25 games after he's been here.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    yep was thinking about this earlier, with gentry and dell being the guys who helped ease boogie in you couldn't imagine he would be happy if they got turfed out.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Unless Gentry absolutely screws this all up I'd probably still keep him around. Cousins is not used to stability from his coach at all. For his sake and to show we are a stable organization, I'd probably refrain from the firing of a coach 25 games after he's been here.
    and this. Unless he really screws up

It felt like most of the fan base wanted him gone when he was here. It got so bad that he stopped bringing his family to the games because of people heckling him throughout the games. He's not coming back here.

Love Monty and want him back. But Gentry might just be the best coach for Boogie Cousins, he's older, respected, their personalities seem to fit, and he takes the pressure off Cousins in the form of techs. Cousins doesn't have to worry about arguing with the refs anymore because he finally has a coach who has his back and will chew out a ref on his behalf. We all know Monty likes to hold his tongue when it comes to refs. I think having a coach that has his back will go a long way with Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    yep was thinking about this earlier, with gentry and dell being the guys who helped ease boogie in you couldn't imagine he would be happy if they got turfed out.
    Yeah as bad as we have been bashing Gentry/Demps if we make the playoffs Demps could be named GM of the year, and Gentry coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yeah as bad as we have been bashing Gentry/Demps if we make the playoffs Demps could be named GM of the year, and Gentry coach of the year.
    Coach of the year is a stretch

I'm still shocked we havent moved Ajinca and Asik. Dell has always been terrible at the big moves (before Boogie, anyway) but has always been skilled at clearing out our garbage. That was one of the first things he did when it looked like we were stuck with Ariza (i think it was?) and some other people for 3-4 years, and he moved them all for some decent role players and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    #pelslife

Thread Information