Pelicans Report

Thread: Long time fan of New Orleans from New Zealand

Pelicans Long time fan of New Orleans from New Zealand

Hey everyone

I just discovered this forum and thought I'd just introduce myself.

Been a hardcore NBA fan for many many years, has always been a big fan of the Pelicans since the days of Chris Paul-David West-Tyson Chandler-Peja Stojakovic, and love the city of New Orleans with its super unique blend of history and culture.

However with the addition of Big Cuz my elation for the team just went up a whole new level. Its amazing what a big move for the team can do to a fan's sense of excitement and jubilation, I mean the last 18 hours or so since I learnt the trade my mind has been in a state of meteoric flux that no amount of distractions can sway me from the amazing rush of adrenaline that I'm experiencing right now. And now wanting to actively live and breathe the team and also devoting to a community dedicated to my favourite sports team? Hell yeah! Bring it on!!!

Can't wait for the rest of the season to roll on!!!

Was kind of tentative about actively immersing myself into a community full of Pelicans fans as I always imagined for a small market team such as ours that a vast majority of fans must be from the immediate surrounding areas of New Orleans and not halfway across the globe in New Zealand, but upon seeing a couple of fans from Australia I thought, hey why not!!! Kinda feel extra special to be one of the few chosen ones from my country supporting my Pelicans.

Oh and nice to meet you guys :-)
    Last edited by New Zealand Pel; 02-20-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Zealand Pel View Post
    Hey everyone

I just discovered this forum and thought I'd just introduce myself.

Been a hardcore NBA fan for many many years, has always been a big fan of the Pelicans since the days of Chris Paul-David West-Tyson Chandler-Peja Stojakovic, and love the city of New Orleans with its super unique blend of history and culture.

However with the addition of Big Cuz my elation for the team just went up a whole new level. Its amazing what a big move for the team can do to a fan's sense of excitement and jubilation, I mean the last 18 hours or so since I learnt the trade my mind has been in a state of meteoric flux that no amount of distractions can sway me from the amazing rush of adrenaline that I'm experiencing right now. And now wanting to actively live and breathe the team and also devoting to a community dedicated to my favourite sports team? Hell yeah! Bring it on!!!

Can't wait for the rest of the season to roll on!!!

Was kind of tentative about actively immersing myself into a community full of Pelicans fans as I always imagined for a small market team such as ours that a vast majority of fans must be from the immediate surrounding areas of New Orleans and not halfway across the globe in New Zealand, but upon seeing a couple of fans from Australia I thought, hey why not!!! Kinda feel extra special to be one of the few chosen ones from my country supporting my Pelicans.

Oh and nice to meet you guys :-)
    welcome! These days it feels like the International supporters are the more active bunch (though the last day and half has seen a lot of old posters come back, and a bunch of new members - hi former kings fans!). Good group of people.

welcome

Thread Information