Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Everyone enjoying the attention?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Love the attention but we should support the team no matter who is on it. I am a little bit more basketball fan than football fan. So I love what has happened the last day.

Love when a team I like makes an amazing deal. This reminds me off when the Braves traded Shelby Miller for Ender Inciarte, Aaron Blair and number 1, overall pick, Dansby Swanson
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I thought it was M.M. that predicted this? Sorry but I think he called it first.
    I have been saying things like this for months and even years. Nobody predicted we were going to land Cousins. IMO I knew there was a good chance of getting a star with the pieces we had. No offense to MM but he shot things like this down repeatedly for a while and anyone who said otherwise is living in fantasy land. I have always said people over value what these guys will get in trades for many reasons. Not claiming I knew this was gonna happen at all or predicted it. I will claim I have said this for a while that we were one big move away and was all Dell needed to pull off to make us serious. Things like this take time and in today's world people are given up on way to quickly. We just pulled off a trade 99% of the board would laugh at anybody for mentioning.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-20-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Bandwagoners incoming!!

Exciting times indeed

Bandwagoners buy tickets and help sell out arenas so I guess that is some positive? Seems that arena will sell out this Thursday. I'd be just happy that we possibly won't have all those Cavs, Lakers, Warriors and Celtic fans in the arena with this team. There is nothing worse then all these locals cheering for the away teams.

It still hasn't sunk in for me yet. I never believed this could actually happen, it just seemed impossible. To be on the other side of a blockbuster trade like this when CP3 was sent to the Clippers was a truly terrible feeling. This time, it feels like we hit the jackpot. I really can't believe the Kings were willing to part ways with Cousins for Buddy Hield and a couple of draft picks. Imagine if we hadn't selected Hield with the 6th pick last June. Would the Kings have made this trade if it were Murray instead of Hield? I think Buddy has the potential to become an All-Star down the line, but the Kings believe he can be the next Steph Curry which says a lot about how desperate/misguided they really are.

I just can't wait til the game Thursday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I have been saying things like this for months and even years. Nobody predicted we were going to land Cousins. IMO I knew there was a good chance of getting a star with the pieces we had. No offense to MM but he shot things like this down repeatedly for a while and anyone who said otherwise is living in fantasy land. I have always said people over value what these guys will get in trades for many reasons. Not claiming I knew this was gonna happen at all or predicted it. I will claim I have said this for a while that we were one big move away and was all Dell needed to pull off to make us serious. Things like this take time and in today's world people are given up on way to quickly. We just pulled off a trade 99% of the board would laugh at anybody for mentioning.
    Realistically speaking - everyone on the board felt the same way: one big move away from really being really good; GM's should constantly be looking for chances to make that big move; Never be afraid of your offer getting turned down...

And rain is wet and the earth is indeed round....

If a team keeps knocking on that door indefinitely, it eventually opens.

But just like the rest of us, you didn't really expect that in 2017 those efforts would get you DeMarcus Cousins for two late lottery picks and a second rounder?

So I really don't see what you should be getting credit for. Not like I care. If you want credit take it, but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what you're saying.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fan View Post
    Realistically speaking - everyone on the board felt the same way: one big move away from really being really good; GM's should constantly be looking for chances to make that big move; Never be afraid of your offer getting turned down...

And rain is wet and the earth is indeed round....

If a team keeps knocking on that door indefinitely, it eventually opens.

But just like the rest of us, you didn't really expect that in 2017 those efforts would get you DeMarcus Cousins for two late lottery picks and a second rounder?

So I really don't see what you should be getting credit for. Not like I care. If you want credit take it, but I'm just trying to figure out exactly what you're saying.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Many were saying that this team is one great player away from being really good but very, very few (including GA25) were saying it was actually possible. I give him credit for that. Before I really thought he was wrong but I am so happy he wasnt

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Many were saying that this team is one great player away from being really good but very, very few (including GA25) were saying it was actually possible. I give him credit for that. Before I really thought he was wrong but I am so happy he wasnt
    Anything is possible. Unlikely things happen all the time. It's one thing to keep hope alive. But it's another thing to actually put assets at risk when banking on the unlikely.

For instance, how many times did GA25 (who really is one of my favs) say he would not do a proposed trade BC he wanted to save assets in case they had a chance to get a top ten player in a deal like this? Just wondering.

Not doing a deal that seems to make sense because you are betting on someone else being stupid and selling you something dirt cheap seems a risky plan for NBA GMs. But this deal may prove that just waiting for someone to screw up their team so bad and be so stupid like Kings were in changing minds and holding last minute fire sale is actually a good NBA strategy...

I don't think Dell's plan was to wait on a fire sale. He was just trying to please AD and get a decent big man next to him with the 2018 pick. Just that baby step alone is worth an extra 5 wins.

What happened this weekend was just one of those golden opportunities that came out of nowhere from a highly dysfunctional franchise. Just a week ago they said Cousins is not for sale. They said this loud and publicly.

Somebody with a shrewd mouth got to that numbskull owner and made it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I don't think Dell's plan was to wait on a fire sale. He was just trying to please AD and get a decent big man next to him with the 2018 pick. Just that baby step alone is worth an extra 5 wins.

What happened this weekend was just one of those golden opportunities that came out of nowhere from a highly dysfunctional franchise. Just a week ago they said Cousins is not for sale. They said this loud and publicly.

Somebody with a shrewd mouth got to that numbskull owner and made it happen.
    Considering the owner loved buddy before the draft maybe he talked to Dell at the party and Dell had nothing but amazing things to say about buddy lol

I'm a die hard fan back to the Charlotte Hornets (L J, ZO, Muggs etc...)
    I was the laughing stock of all my friends & all at the b ball courts for years
    NOT ANY MORE
    MOST ARE ON THE BANDWAGON NOW!!!!!
    THE LATIN B BALL WORLD HAS THOUSANDS MORE PELS FAN TODAY!!!!!
    GO PELS!!!!!!!! WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikecia View Post
    I'm a die hard fan back to the Charlotte Hornets (L J, ZO, Muggs etc...)
    I was the laughing stock of all my friends & all at the b ball courts for years
    NOT ANY MORE
    MOST ARE ON THE BANDWAGON NOW!!!!!
    THE LATIN B BALL WORLD HAS THOUSANDS MORE PELS FAN TODAY!!!!!
    GO PELS!!!!!!!! WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!!
    CAW CAW!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    you aggravated that man that much that he blocked you? hahahahahahaha
    You know what. Now that I went back and confirmed. This dude was throwing names out there like Lopez and Demarre Carrol for that 2017 1st. To which I said BOLLOCKS. There is no way in he'll I believe Demps considered that. But I'm the moron.

Now a Cousins or Paul George, of course, but nobody had those guys on the realistic radar. Most people that pay attention to the NBA are still stunned and dumbfounded by this Cousins deal.

But this dude saw this all along huh? Cousins = Lopez/Carroll?

Sorry MM, I have more faith in Demps than that. Back on the list you go.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-21-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You know what. Now that I went back and confirmed. This dude was throwing names out there like Lopez and Demarre Carrol for that 2017 1st. To which I said BOLLOCKS. There is no way in he'll I believe Demps considered that. But I'm the moron.

Now a Cousins or Paul George, of course, but nobody had those guys on the realistic radar. Most people that pay attention to the NBA are still stunned and dumbfounded by this Cousins deal.

But this dude saw this all along huh? Cousins = Lopez/Carroll?

Sorry MM, I have more faith in Demps than that. Back on the list you go.
    Kmsl
    I'm a grinder

Thread Information