Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So what do we do about the wings and the frontcourt logjam?

So what do we do about the wings and the frontcourt logjam?

We still need to replace Tyreke. I saw the rumblings of trading T-Jones for a wing, but what talent at the wing could we go for with the frontcourt we have to unload?

Edit: Completely wrong about Galloway. He can not return this season.
    Last edited by Smow-; 02-20-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Jrue dat

I don't think we can resign Gallo

I'd like to see Galloway back. However, I saw in one of the threads that MM said he can't re-sign even in the event he clears waivers. I thought if he clears, he could. Can anyone clarify this?

ID like to see jones traded for josh Richardson of the Heat. I think it makes sense for both teams

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    I'd like to see Galloway back. However, I saw in one of the threads that MM said he can't re-sign even in the event he clears waivers. I thought if he clears, he could. Can anyone clarify this?
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q100

"A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season."
    "Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

From Question 100 of the CBA Faq: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q100
    "A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Montejuinas, Jones, and Diallo are good depth in the front court. They have to get rid of Asik somehow, stretch or trade. Ajinca is disgruntled the Pelicans should move on from him also.
    Last edited by hornetsrebirth; 02-20-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Montejuinas, Jones, and Gallo are good depth in the front court. They have to get rid of Asik somehow, stretch or trade. Ajinca is disgruntled the Pelicans should move on from him also.
    Asik will most likely get stretched this offseason

I wonder if a three-way deal between us, Cleveland, and Brooklyn would work

Ajinca & Shumpert to BRK

Foye or Bogdanovic & Liggins to NOP (sure a pick would be sent for Bogdanovic)

Jones to CLE

Jones is going to be traded for a wing.
    We SHOULD pick up Matt Barnes while we are at it lol.
    Also we probably will sign Quinn Cook, which means Tim Frazier can play a lot of minutes at the 2.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Jones is going to be traded for a wing.
    We SHOULD pick up Matt Barnes while we are at it lol.
    Also we probably will sign Quinn Cook, which means Tim Frazier can play a lot of minutes at the 2.
    Also rumors we're trying to get Lance back.

Basketball Guru
    a.ajinca and t.jones...to the lakers for swaggy p, and m.huertas....that work on the trade machine....maybe a third team can be involved to mix things up......swaggy p., can knock down some 3s for us lol...hell its not much out there that we can get right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Also rumors we're trying to get Lance back.
    I actually wouldn't mind that at all

Bogdanovic from the Nets would be an excellent acquisition for a team, that is not going to have a lot of cap space. He's 26 and RFA. Wonder if 2 2nds will be enough for him as giving up a future first is not a good option -team will need cheap talent going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    a.ajinca and t.jones...to the lakers for swaggy p, and m.huertas....that work on the trade machine....maybe a third team can be involved to mix things up......swaggy p., can knock down some 3s for us lol...hell its not much out there that we can get right now.....
    Not huertas. That dude gets on Shaqtin a fool to much.

I really wish Pondexter was healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard View Post
    I really wish Pondexter was healthy.
    He's been injured forever. How much longer till he's healthy?

Everyone is saying we lost all our shooting but Moore & Cousins shoot 39% & 36% from deep. Buddy & LG shoot 38% and 37%. Virtually a wash then factor in Casspi at 38% and it feel like we've gotten better at shooting. Just shallow at SG but it feels like the most popular position for guys to play decent after a d league call up

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Everyone is saying we lost all our shooting but Moore & Cousins shoot 39% & 36% from deep. Buddy & LG shoot 38% and 37%. Virtually a wash then factor in Casspi at 38% and it feel like we've gotten better at shooting. Just shallow at SG but it feels like the most popular position for guys to play decent after a d league call up
    Yep plus freeing up room for Frazier who can shoot. Also,we are prolly going to get a wing that is a shooter. Also, Evans never lit it up from deep neither.

Frazier can shoot?
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Yep plus freeing up room for Frazier who can shoot. Also,we are prolly going to get a wing that is a shooter. Also, Evans never lit it up from deep neither.
    Lol, lost me at the Frazier can shoot can he make some shots? Sure but he's not a good shooter

I would take Mario Chalmers

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post

er?

Thread Information