Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: to MM or whoever who wants to answer

We may never know. Sometimes a big shake up like this can change the culture. Hopefully. Because I think you are right, culture is extremely important. It's very hard to just change. Needs a catalyst.

If the Pels play this right and make the needed changes inside the organization, we may never be able to distinguish what helped more.

Kind of an obscure statistic, but could anyone locate the pels record depending on attendance. This observation may be off, but it seems like in those games where the pels sell out or get close to filling the arena, it seems like they tend to win or play well enough to win more often than not. For example, in our 5 game homestand in January we won our games against Cle and SA at home (I believe both were sellouts), but lost to the Nets, OKC, and Was. May not be well founded but would like to see some analysis if it's available

Look, you guys want to be happy about this. You want to think titles are possible. That's cool--- I will not push my thoughts on anyone. Just don't ask
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Kind of an obscure statistic, but could anyone locate the pels record depending on attendance. This observation may be off, but it seems like in those games where the pels sell out or get close to filling the arena, it seems like they tend to win or play well enough to win more often than not. For example, in our 5 game homestand in January we won our games against Cle and SA at home (I believe both were sellouts), but lost to the Nets, OKC, and Was. May not be well founded but would like to see some analysis if it's available
    One thing is for sure if this move doesn't put asses in seats idk what will (besides LeBron obviously lol)
    Last edited by bahmamamba; 02-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Look, you guys want to be happy about this. You want to think titles are possible. That's cool--- I will not push my thoughts on anyone. Just don't ask
    Do you know whether we were ever close in the rumored discussions for George (or if that was simply exploratory)?

Not remotely close. Top 3 possiblilites were Cousins, Drummond, and Lopez

When I was younger I thought like most-- talent, talent, talent!!

As I have gotten older I have realized that culture and leadership is even more important. We will see who was right - the older me or the younger me
    Plot twist, in this situation you can never be wrong! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Plot twist, in this situation you can never be wrong! /s
    I don't care about right or wrong. In fact, since I was 25 I have gone into every debate hoping to be proven wrong. Only way you grow/learn

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    my question is - assuming he does not sign the extension and waits until Free Agency (most likely) - would the Pels have any financial edge over the rest of the league in regaining his services? can we offer more, etc?

I guess my hope for the culture is that getting a Callaperi type brings the pedigree and culture that is able to rein in DMCs personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    my question is - assuming he does not sign the extension and waits until Free Agency (most likely) - would the Pels have any financial edge over the rest of the league in regaining his services? can we offer more, etc?
    Yes, we can offer a 5th year and 7.5 percent raises. It is a significant difference

I don't care about right or wrong. In fact, since I was 25 I have gone into every debate hoping to be proven wrong. Only way you grow/learn
    Haha I was just joking :-)

I'm just glad the debate now is talent vs front office instead of which has been GM or coach to bring in next

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Yes, we can offer a 5th year and 7.5 percent raises. It is a significant difference
    THANK YOU. This makes me feel so much better (and I was already giddy). Given all the other factors - proximity to family in Mobile, affinity for New Orleans, presumed excitement teaming with AD & Jrue - it seems really likely he would stick.

Ticket prices are about to jump.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ticket prices are about to jump.
    maybe but also more games on national TV...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    maybe but also more games on national TV...
    Season Ticket pricing is already locked same for 17-18 - i renewed day 1 - My coworker called in to renew today and the office is slammed. Pels now have a waitlist for tickets next year. You already see the prices going up on the ticket exchanges. This question will be if the price doubles in 2018 before we know if Cousins is going to resign.

The Franchise
    Cousins already paying dividends even if it's just ticket sales.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Cousins already paying dividends even if it's just ticket sales.
    I took a couple seasons off from buying my 12-game package (life changes didnt allow me the luxury), got back in this morning before the rush lol

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

Thread Information