Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday or Chris Paul

Jrue Holiday or Chris Paul

What's your preference. With arguably the leagues best players at two positions, you'd have to think the prospect of signing a high calibre free agent is reasonably strong. Since today is now a day of dreaming, who would you go after in the upcoming free agency, CP or Holiday?

If it's the Holiday we've seen this year, it's probably a no-brainer. But with these bigs, Chris Paul comfortably turns us back in to a 50-win team. Plus you know, it's Chris Paul and he still has a large piece of my heart.

Side note: how do we change our usernames on this thing? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBuckets View Post
    What's your preference. With arguably the leagues best players at two positions, you'd have to think the prospect of signing a high calibre free agent is reasonably strong. Since today is now a day of dreaming, who would you go after in the upcoming free agency, CP or Holiday?

If it's the Holiday we've seen this year, it's probably a no-brainer. But with these bigs, Chris Paul comfortably turns us back in to a 50-win team. Plus you know, it's Chris Paul and he still has a large piece of my heart.

Side note: how do we change our usernames on this thing? Lol!
    Yeah gonna be weird being bahmamamba Lmao but serious thought what if we could do both now that would be amazing jrue at the 2 cp the 1

Cp3 no doubt. If we're talking Dream scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't think CP3 will happen. But even with the trade I think I like to let Jrue walk if the money isn't a deal.

Is it really that crazy? This trade seems crazier.

Right now it's CP, no doubt, but he turns 32 in May and will have 33+k NBA minutes in those legs by the start of next season.

Now with Boogie on board do Pelicans even have 30% max slot?

Holiday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how CP3 could be lured back to New Orleans unless this team was just one missing piece away from being a title contender. I've seen a lot of speculation that it could happen, but I just don't buy it.

Holiday. Simply because we need our window to be open longer than just 1 or 2 seasons. We need to contend for 5 years or so to maybe sniff the finals. Unless we get super lucky.

this should be more like cp3 or cousins. remember cousins doesnt like cp3 at all period.

Jrue.

CP3 era has been and gone, move on. Remember he didn't want a bar of NOLA on his way out.

Jrue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pels shouldn't waste anymore of AD's career with Jrue as the pg. If CP3 is there, bye Jrue.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Jrue all day the hell with Chris Paul
    I'm a grinder

Jrue. His turnovers should come down. He's bigger and shoots as well or better than CP.

Doesn't have the basketball iq CP does, but very few players do.

Basketball Guru
    i say cp3 because he is a leader and when it comes down to closing games out,,, the team would not fade under cp3 leadership....

Resign Jrue long term and get CP3 on the midlevel when he escapes the ashes of Clipper doom.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Franchise
    CP3 has already assured Clippers he will resign with them.

Let me rephrase. At his best? Jrue. The one in December and half of January....not Jrue.

This team now has huge expectations and a giant spot light. We'll just have too how he responds.

I don't think CP3 wants to leave LA. He likes the big market. I like what we have in Jrue so far.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jrue Holiday. He is 26 years old, close in age to Cousins and Davis. CP3 is 31 years old, still has some good years left but it makes sense for the core to grow together. Plus CP3 left NOLA, he isn't coming back. We have to stick with the good thing that we have and build from there.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Jrue Holiday. He is 26 years old, close in age to Cousins and Davis. CP3 is 31 years old, still has some good years left but it makes sense for the core to grow together. Plus CP3 left NOLA, he isn't coming back. We have to stick with the good thing that we have and build from there.
    Age is a factor here indeed. I would go with Jrue hoping he would be at his best more often than not

Its Moot.

Report: Chris Paul has already verbally agreed to re-sign with Clippers

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/21/...with-clippers/

Thread Information