Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They have no better offers. Either does Detroit. It's all just a question of whether they move those guys, not whether someone beats the offer from what it sounds like
    So if they have no better offer, can we get this done without moving Buddy? Something like Tyreke, Galloway, Ajinca, Diallo, 2017 unprotected, 2019 unprotected, our 2 2nd this year, and 2018 2nd for Cousins and Collison.

You would think Sacto is pressed to make a decision, if Cousins changes his mind next season they'll be in an even worse position in terms of leverage
    At least if they make a move now they can still tank for a top 5 pick in a loaded draft. It would be in their best interest to speed up the rebuild if they think that Cousins won't resign.

No. it's not like Sacto is gonna take a bad offer just to take it. You offer them everything that you can and maybe they do it, maybe they don't
    @mcnamara247

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If they're leaking it, then they it could be they haven't heard any offers better than ours.
    Maybe no better offers as of now, but wouldn't be shocked for them to get a better one later. Hopefully they don't.

Ajinca would be a negative in that trade? Maybe DMo instead? Also seems that trade would be basically the draft picks and diallo for cousins. Not sure that would get it done? Buddy seems necessary to get DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You like the pair of AD and Boogie if it does happens? Does this increases Cp3 return in the summer?
    If you guys want to be excited, please don't ask me what I think of this trade possibility or what I think would happen if somehow it did get done. Just enjoy the next few days until you are inevitably let down again

Sucks because it seems unlikely but I think getting Paul George would be so much better than getting Cousins or Drummond. A core of Holiday (to handle to point and defend their best guard), George (who's one of the top wings in the league and can successfully guard any wing in the league), and AD (the best big in the league and can guard any big in the league) would challenge for a title.

Eh I don't think I do it if Buddy's involved

DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

If you guys want to be excited, please don't ask me what I think of this trade possibility or what I think would happen if somehow it did get done. Just enjoy the next few days until you are inevitably let down again
    Oh we're gonna get Cousins and then hire Coach Cal in the offseason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well some people realize this aint NBA 2k and trades work both ways. Just because the Pelicans offer a deal doesn't mean a team will accept it. No matter how much it makes sense or will benefit the Pelicans.

It is fun to dream tho!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Eh I don't think I do it if Buddy's involved
    Eh are you insane? Lol buddy is worthless a.t.m. You give him away and don't think twice
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Eh... my spidey senses say this could also be a ploy to get 76ers/Nets to budge on Okafor/Lopez.

OK I don't want to be excited..... Whats your thoughts?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Eh... my spidey senses say this could also be a ploy to get 76ers/Nets to budge on Okafor/Lopez.
    I think so too but I don't want to give up too much for a center. If gentry didn't like small ball so much I'd say Lopez, Drummond, or even Cousins would be great but I'd prefer butler or PG if we're spending big resources.

Cousins / AD / Jrue would be entertaining for sure. Definitely a quality big 3.

Wonder how many teams we would give fits to with our size advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Maybe no better offers as of now, but wouldn't be shocked for them to get a better one later. Hopefully they don't.
    That could be the whole point of this. Also consider it makes Sacramento look bad if this does happen since their top brass are vehemently denying anything involving Cousins. And also explicitly saying they want him in Sacramento.

Their best bet otherwise would just be to have no comment and not look like a 2 faced franchise. They could be just using this for Sac fans to warm up to the idea for later on.

Sac knows all of Cousins' warts. And they know full well they'll have to give him that $200+ million to keep him. If they wait, and either the team or Cousins shows any hesitancy towards a commitment, could they get as much for an expiring Cousins in June or 12 months from now? I think they could also be sending a message to Boogie that he has to get his act together or he could lose about $30m if they trade him. Who knows... this is the Kings we're talking about!?!

gosh I hope it's not more than 3 picks and no buddy

Cousins is from mobile Alabama says Nola is like home to him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Eh are you insane? Lol buddy is worthless a.t.m. You give him away and don't think twice
    Lol slightly. I just think once Buddy develops a handle he will be a top sg in the league

If you are Demps right now you offer Sacramento anything and everything they want outside of AD and hope they say yes.

AD and Cousins is a once in a generation front court pairing.
    Last edited by hornetstime247; 02-19-2017 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    If you are Demps right now you offer Sacaramento anything and everything they want outside of AD and hope they say yes.

That's if Cousins can keep his head on straight!

2017, right to swap in 2018, and 2019... I'd think all of that would have to be included for this to have a shot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    If you are Demps right now you offer Sacaramento anything and everything they want outside of AD and hope they say yes.

I agree. If they want Jrue also, fine. Moore too? Sure. I'd happily "start over" with AD and Cousins.

Also any news on why Cousins has only played 2 minutes tonight?? Trade in the works lol??

Thread Information