Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Someone needs to drug the Pacers GM or kidnap his wife and kids or something (not seriously).

Paul George would be a bloody coup.

Which, of course, is why MM says there's no shot at that.

But eh. I've seen unlikely things happen.

Like this one time, a guy beat Battletoads.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why would SAC do this now when they know that the Pels pick would just go higher?
    Just wait until draft night.
    SHH! :P

After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline. – via CSNBayArea.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Someone needs to drug the Pacers GM or kidnap his wife and kids or something (not seriously).

Paul George would be a bloody coup.

Which, of course, is why MM says there's no shot at that.

Battle toads was impossible. This is less likely. But they are doing one or more trades in Feb and June. They are arming up to keep Jrue
    @mcnamara247

If by some miracle we can pull off this trade without losing Jrue, I think you need to see what kind of wings you can fetch for Terrance Jones and Donatas. Neither will get the minutes they deserve, and theres a lot of teams that can use the help. At least in the case of Montiejunas, you would probably want to send him east so you wouldn't have to see him in the playoffs, although Ben Mclemore would make a lot of sense considering he's a RFA after the season and the Kings would be going into rebuilding mode.

After digging deep into negotiations with DeMarcus Cousins on a new five-year, $219 million contract extension, a source has confirmed to CSN California that Sacramento has had discussions with the New Orleans Pelicans on a possible trade for the All-Star big man.

No deal is imminent, but according to a person with knowledge of the situation, talks between the Kings and the Pelicans took place over the weekend and there is a 50/50 chance that something will materialize before Thursday’s NBA trade deadline. – via CSNBayArea.com
    Any link? The old 50/50 chance...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Battle toads was impossible. This is less likely. But they are doing one or more trades in Feb and June. They are arming up to keep Jrue
    They sure seem to value Jrue more than I would have expected.

Franchise being trolled by twitter again. Once again just use your head. Sacramento could get a lot more for Cousins. At least an AS or budding AS in return.

A trade deal for Cousins (or any player of that caliber) would probably involve multiple teams, so no one team would have to give up so much without getting something back.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Any link? The old 50/50 chance...
    http://hoopshype.com/team/sacramento-kings/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Long video. But it can be done!:P

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I saw it was unprotected 2017 and 2019 multiple times.

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I saw it was unprotected 2017 and 2019 multiple times.

Sent from my Phone
    Unprotected is always a risk.

Who would you think those teams will be? Boston, Denver and Philly with the most assets as already have rocks at center so I think they would be less likely to desire Cousins. I don't really see many teams with the needs plus assets that Kings could realistically could get. As stated also this would enable them to keep their pick instead of it going to Bulls with a higher record with Cousins. Could see Suns with some package of Bender, Ulis, Bledsoe or Knight with picks or Lakers with Clarkson, Randle and some picks as teams I could see as possible. Who knows if they would want someone like Cousins influencing their young talent though? It all makes some sense. Still in all think it will not likely happen but nothing is definitive.

Unprotected is always a risk.
    That im perfectly fine with.

Also, this could be a negotiation tactic for Cousins contract negotiations. You saw that number. If Sacto trades him, he loses a buttload of money

Sent from my Phone

Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD, Cousins. Thats a playoff roster right there

Sent from my Phone

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Jrue, Moore, Hill, AD, Cousins. Thats a playoff roster right there

Sent from my Phone
    Obviously I'd love to improve it, but with those three, some people may take less to play with that trio.

Sent from my Phone

Heck, I remember one time I watched a team blow a 25-point lead in the Super Bowl.
    "Timing is everything. Chemistry is something that you don't just throw in the frying pan and mix it up with another something, then throw it on top of something, then fry it up and put it in a tortilla and put in a microwave, heat it up and give it to you and expect it to taste good. You know? For those of you who can cook, y'all know what I'm talking about. If y'all can't cook, this doesn't concern you."

Solomon Hill suddenly becomes a perfect fit at SF if this trade actually happens, especially the way he's been shooting the ball lately.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    No, I don't. If Sacto has the cajones to move DC or Detroit is willing to move Drummond, I think Pels have the best package. All comes down to whether those teams do it. I would bet against it, though
    I think we can put together a pretty solid package, but there's probably a couple of teams that would be willing to give up a better package IMO. Also, I think Sacramento is leaking this to get a better offer probably because they don't love ours.

If this happens some how what is the Max contract extension can the Pels offer Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I think we can put together a pretty solid package, but there's probably a couple of teams that would be willing to give up a better package IMO. Also, I think Sacramento is leaking this to get a better offer probably because they don't love ours.
    You still got ur inside peeps? Time to do some diggin haha

Sent from my Phone

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    If they're leaking it, then they it could be they haven't heard any offers better than ours.

If they're leaking it, then they it could be they haven't heard any offers better than ours.
    They have no better offers. Either does Detroit. It's all just a question of whether they move those guys, not whether someone beats the offer from what it sounds like

They have no better offers. Either does Detroit. It's all just a question of whether they move those guys, not whether someone beats the offer from what it sounds like
    You like the pair of AD and Boogie if it does happens? Does this increases Cp3 return in the summer?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Are they offering this pretty much the same deal for either Drummond or DC??

Also, I guess if they do trade Buddy and 17 and 19 first rounders then I guess they are going to trade 18 1st rounder for a 2 guard then.

Thread Information