Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Okay. So we swung a big get. And have to hope for the best. But wow. Our front court is tough to contend with now.

A little...a lot depleted in the back court though. I assume we have a contingency of some sort.

Also, what are we going to do with our 2018 pick? We can't even trade that until the 2018 draft night, right?

Idk if I'm going to cry tears of joy or be sick from over excitement or both

OMG IS THIS A DREAM GUYS AM I SLEEPING??????

Can we resign Galloway once he clears waivers?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Can we resign Galloway once he clears waivers?
    No
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    How it sounds our rotating bench will look.

Our bench:

Tim Frazier
    Lance Stephenson
    Omri Casspi
    Terrance Jones/ Dante Cunningham
    Donatas Montiejunas

Y'all got room for one more?...

-Awesome that we kept Diallo, too. Have to think that one or two of the frountcourt guys are going to be traded after this though, huh? T-Jones, D-Mo, Ajinca and Asik all on the bench.

Cousins/ Jones
    Davis / D-Mo
    Hill / Casspi/ Cunningham
    Moore
    Holiday/ Frazier

Think we'll see a lot more Frazier and Holiday line-ups going forward. Casspi should be a nice addition, too, we'll need 3-point spacing a lot, and they gonna get wide-open looks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    How it sounds our rotating bench will look.

Our bench:

Tim Frazier
    Lance Stephenson
    Omri Casspi
    Terrance Jones/ Dante Cunningham
    Donatas Montiejunas
    If we get Lance back and he plays like he did before he got hurt... Oh hell.

I believe you will have either Cousins or AD on the court at all times. Assume their will be some D league guys coming in for guard depth?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerKingsFan View Post
    Lmfao

Team just went from frustrating as hell to watch to possibly top tier. Great day
    I'm a grinder

We have plenty room bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No
    Man I'm iffy about this deal. I feel like we gave up too much especially considering the position the Kings are in. They have to finish bottom 10 to keep their 2017 pick, they HAVE to make a deal at the deadline. I felt we should've been able to keep Buddy. Again, happy to get Boogie but not overall happy with the deal.

Solo and Moore look like genius moves now. Perfect secondary pieces

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Team just went from frustrating as hell to watch to possibly top tier. Great day
    Yes indeed. Let's hope this puts an end to all the whining about the GM and coach for awhile.

I don't like losing Buddy and Langston. We just depleted our Backcourt. I'm happy we got Boogie but I would've much rather give up 2 1sts and keep Buddy
    I'm thinking Boogie is very happy to see Buddy heading to Sacramento after having his junk grabbed by him.

I guess I will now have to learn to like the player I most despised in the NBA.

I think a few things:

1) This is a trade to make AD happy. He has expressed his dislike for the 5 spot. Cousins can take the beating, and the opposing defense can't just focus on AD anymore. As an added bonus, Cousins and AD are great friends, which increased both of their happiness.

2) Cousins will take away shots from AD, which isn't a bad thing. Davis is better off the ball than he is on the ball, so this allows him to play a more natural game. Plus, Cousins and Davis could be the best high-low combination of all time, because you can't double either.

3) Rebounding issues: Solved

4) I could see this team being a better version of Memphis when they were really good. While the entire NBA is going to a small-ball lineup, we are going to a bigger one. This could work because I can't think of a single team that has the post combination to handle AD and Boogie. Moreover, Cousins can play in the 4th (unlike most bigs) because he can hit his FTs. The NBA zigs, we zag.

5) Jrue Holiday should re-sign now. This was a big win for him.

6) Demps won BIG. We just stole the best center in the league for pennies on the dollar. Essentially, just Hield (fringe All-Star potential) and a top-3 protected 1st. We weren't keeping Evans, and we couldn't re-sign Galloway.

7) Props to MM, who told us this could happen, and we could get him for a lot less than we all thought we could.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 02-19-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Guess look at it as the top center for the possible a really good SG and 1st. Seems worth it but to me depends if he resigns.

Man I'm iffy about this deal. I feel like we gave up too much especially considering the position the Kings are in. They have to finish bottom 10 to keep their 2017 pick, they HAVE to make a deal at the deadline. I felt we should've been able to keep Buddy. Again, happy to get Boogie but not overall happy with the deal.
    I would have loved to keep Buddy, but you have to think he and the 2017 pick were the key to the trade. Cannot see the Kings doing the trade without him in it.

You're about the only one who feels this way, dude. Buddy was good, but he wasn't a clear all-star like Cousins is. And we got to keep your fav player Diallo.

Thread Information