Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DeMarcus Cousins? {merged}

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Rumor NOP talking trade for Boogie?

Pelicans interested in Boogie?

Now this is something I could get behind...but it would probably cost a ransom to get him.

Who do we give up without trading AD?

I would think NOLA would trade Buddy Hield, 2017 and 2019 Firsts. I'm sure they would want to keep Jrue

They are going to land one quasi AS/AS or two good players and they are gonna use picks to do so. Just a question of who it is. This team ain't drafting. They are gonna get the talent to lure back Jrue, one way or another
    @mcnamara247

If we're gonna trade first rounders it's gotta be for a top 10 talent. Jimmy Butler & Cousins only possible options with elite skill so I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They are going to land one quasi AS/AS or two good players and they are gonna use picks to do so. Just a question of who it is. This team ain't drafting. They are gonna get the talent to lure back Jrue, one way or another
    Don't see how they have assets to get Cousins (unless his value has declined due to the fact that he is such a distraction).

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I'm all aboard the Boogie train.

Yeah probably Buddy, Jrue and 1 or 2 firsts. If Jrue isn't in it (which I doubt) Reke would be a part of it to make contracts work
    Welcome to be here

If we can get cousins goodbye pudding hield and tyreke!!! I'm all for it
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    Yeah probably Buddy, Jrue and 1 or 2 firsts. If Jrue isn't in it (which I doubt) Reke would be a part of it to make contracts work
    Jrue wouldn't be in it Lol. This would definitely be a move to make him re sign and give us a 3 of AD, boogie, and Jrue

A guy is worth what others are willing to pay. Who is giving up the farm for Boogie if the Celtics don't want him? I think the best offers for Drummond and Boogie would be far lower than you guys think. Now, their teams don't have to trade them, but if all the teams put their best offers out that they were willing to do for those two- the Pels could do as well or better than any of them. Just comes down to whether Sacto or Det wants a clean break

The Franchise    Contributor   

But other teams can outbid us. Don't understand this, but it's Woj...

They've painted themselves into a corner. This is the stage of ADs career is when we should be trading our picks. Right now we should have 3 to 4 more draft picks on this roster that are either starters or bench role players. Had we went the draft and rebuild route, I would be all for trading picks for veterans/quasi all stars. But now if we keep our draft picks, AD and Jrue are gone for sure. If we trade them and don't get to probably the second round or WCF we lose AD in 4 years and start all over.

Could this be a leak to gauge his value with other teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    But other teams can outbid us. Don't understand this, but it's Woj...
    The word going around is that many teams are scared to give up assets for Boogie, especially without him signing an extension. It seems he and AD have a good relationship. We may be hoping that relationship entices him to resign. Also. maybe his respect for AD will keep him somewhat in line. Boogie is not a player you want to build your entire franchise around and a player that could possibly ruin chemistry in the locker room for a playoff team. Take into account all the factors and the list of possible destinations for Boogie shrink.

We are in a unique position because we have that franchise player and a solid #3 in place. And we need to swing for the fences
    Last edited by UNPELIEVABLE; 02-19-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Justin Verrier Verified account 
    ‏@JustinVerrier

Pelicans have made trade inquiries on DeMarcus Cousins and Paul George, per league sources. Talks have progressed further on Cousins.
    Wow! Now George would be a grand slam!

We also have had discussions with the Pacers for PG13.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I don't see how we have enough to do it, and I'd hate to lose Buddy. But if it can be done, I'd be very interested to see it.

God we need to dump Asik somehow. Dump Asik and keep Tyreke if we could. (Salary matching)

I just don't see what we. Plus offer them to get Boogie without trading Jrue or AD and that better not happen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise    Contributor   

Even besides the Celts, would Buddy and picks really be the best offer?

Rip buddy

Dayyym this would be so cool if it happened.

Thread Information