Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon: Pelicans 'Always Been A Little Dysfunctional'

Eric Gordon: Pelicans 'Always Been A Little Dysfunctional'

Eric Gordon tried to leave the New Orleans Pelicans in 2012 when he signed an offer sheet with the Phoenix Suns that was matched. When Gordon became a free agent again in 2016, he left the Pelicans to sign with the Houston Rockets and has had a bounce back season.

"Frustrated here? You know, at times. It was a little bit dysfunctional," said Gordon. "My role changed a lot. If I had the same freedom that I have here, it would have been a different result. It's always been a little dysfunctional. Not just for me, for everybody."

Gordon was asked to elaborate on what he meant about the Pelicans' dysfunction.

"Dysfunctional means -- it could mean a lot of things. Like I said, my role has changed too. That's something I wasn't expecting when I first got here, got to New Orleans. Things happen, and you move on."
    http://amp.nola.com/v1/articles/2016...?client=safari

And he is right, the problem is, you have to be the change that you wish to see.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I really want to win our next game vs them just because he's on their team.

Kind of old news

Dec 16, 2016

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...role_chan.html

Jan 25, 2017

http://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/25/eri...n-james-harden

In some ways he is right.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-18-2017 at 01:02 AM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Eric came in during a transitional period. And he never wanted to be here. We may have been dysfunctional, but he sure as hell didn't try to make any positive push in his first year(s)

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

whats the difference this freedom has provided? is he really all that different this season to any other, other than being healthier and playing off the bench?

If it was always dysfunctional why he opted in in 2015?

First time he had power in his hands...

Oh yes - money.
    Disfunctional money or not is still the money...

And Eric Gordon has always been a turd so I guess we're both better off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Eric came in during a transitional period. And he never wanted to be here. We may have been dysfunctional, but he sure as hell didn't try to make any positive push in his first year(s)

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets
    Took the words from me. He was definitely part of the reason why.

EG was the root of this dysfunction. Now he wants to bash the team? Talk about condescending. I don't care if we don't win another game this season I just want to beat Houston at least once at SKC. I want every Pels fan that is able to attend this upcoming game to boo the heck out of this crybaby every time he touches the ball. Similar to how Thunder fans did when Durant returned to OKC.

Oh how I wish the team would leak that rehab story about him

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    At least four reporters who cover the team know it already. Team just needs to give them the green light
    @mcnamara247

Who cares. Glad Eric and Ryno have found success in Houston. Wish them the best. Just was not meant to be the best here. As for our medical staff?

Ahh yes. Nothing would help the Pelicans organization more than appearing vindictive and petty by throwing a former player under the bus who is accurately portraying the situation with the franchise. This is not, of course, to say Gordon did not have his own hand in his demise here in New Orleans. Seriously though, game theory this out for just a moment. Is it better for the organization to say nothing or to attack former players? What kind of message does that send to potential future players? Fans on Twitter and message boards will feel great as the Eric Gordon story is published but then what? You think that isn't part of the discussion when free agents talk about signing here, or pending free agents who have the potential of being traded (and then re-signed) here?

The Pelicans can either ignore Gordon and hope he looks childish, or they too can act childishly. Their response would probably do more harm than good.
    Associate Editor for The Bird Writes, the SBNation New Orleans Pelicans site.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post
    Ahh yes. Nothing would help the Pelicans organization more than appearing vindictive and petty by throwing a former player under the bus who is accurately portraying the situation with the franchise. This is not, of course, to say Gordon did not have his own hand in his demise here in New Orleans. Seriously though, game theory this out for just a moment. Is it better for the organization to say nothing or to attack former players? What kind of message does that send to potential future players? Fans on Twitter and message boards will feel great as the Eric Gordon story is published but then what? You think that isn't part of the discussion when free agents talk about signing here, or pending free agents who have the potential of being traded (and then re-signed) here?

The Pelicans can either ignore Gordon and hope he looks childish, or they too can act childishly. Their response would probably do more harm than good.
    Excellent point my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fisher View Post

Does it matter if what he said is true? No it doesn't he went out of his way to be petty when all he had to do was give a generic answer and hey thats the great thing about not naming "sources" about the leak let's show how exactly he helped in that dysfunction as if he was just an innocent bystander please screw that dude

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    At least four reporters who cover the team know it already. Team just needs to give them the green light
    wow and they're just holding onto it? you'd think it would of been out there by now but I get it don't want access to the team taken away

Does it matter if what he said is true? No it doesn't he went out of his way to be petty when all he had to do was give a generic answer and hey thats the great thing about not naming "sources" about the leak let's show how exactly he helped in that dysfunction as if he was just an innocent bystander please screw that dude
    Who gave him the extension? Probably best to just move on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Who gave him the extension? Probably best to just move on now.
    Because some how that makes it okay to threaten not to rehab? and put the team paying you in a bad position? Now you're right on that point once he said that they should of threw him under the bus and let his ****** walk and I'm sure everyone would love to move on but apparently he just keeps talking ehh

Because some how that makes it okay to threaten not to rehab? and put the team paying you in a bad position? Now you're right on that point once he said that they should of threw him under the bus and let his ****** walk and I'm sure everyone would love to move on but apparently he just keeps talking ehh
    Let him talk. Do you want to bring cupcakes to the arena Thursday like OKC did to Durant?

Let him talk. Do you want to bring cupcakes to the arena Thursday like OKC did to Durant?
    Nah I'm good i'll just bring his derp face

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who cares. Glad Eric and Ryno have found success in Houston. Wish them the best. Just was not meant to be the best here. As for our medical staff?
    The medical staff. That is what truly baffles me.

What are they doing in Houston and Phoenix exactly that is so much different?

I mean, truly, I have to think the real explanation has to do with simple money and priority. Other players spend more to get the BEST trainers and med staff instead of whatever we're getting from friggin' Oschner.

As for responding to Gordon. He goes low, we go high. Can't get into a petty squabble. Let the man have his moment. Whether you feel he deserves it or not.

I don't think our medical staff is that different. Our luck is. Did the staff magically get better this year or were they brilliant in 07-08? Stuff like what happened with QPon is our fault-- mostly Demps and Monty IMO. But I think it is just bad luck 90% of the time. Like Ryno's recent injury--- Where was the Houston medical staff on that one??

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    I really want to win our next game vs them just because he's on their team.
    Me either.

You mean you don't have to rest and rehab for 4 months if you have a "knee bruise?" Also, you don't have to go home and rehab in the city where you left?

Thread Information