Pelicans Report

Thread: Long read on why Cousins and the King's didn't work out.

Long read on why Cousins and the King's didn't work out.

First I want to say that this is a home run for Demps. Sure there are possible pitfalls but I don't think any of us saw this coming.

Second, I just spent a long time reading this article and I feel a lot better about Cousins and his attitude issues. Again, it's very long but well worth it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...s-real-problem

"The Madness of Kings
    He's the most volatile player on the NBA's most dysfunctional team. But is DeMarcus Cousins undoing Sacramento, or is Sacramento undoing Cousins?
    by Kevin Arnovitz
    01/26/17"

"One league insider says Ranadive told him some months back that he aspires to assemble a big three in Sacramento, with Russell Westbrook joining Cousins and Rudy Gay. Multiple sources say that Gay, who tore his left Achilles tendon on Jan. 18, has remained with the team rather than being dealt away because Ranadive believes deeply that the small forward would not leave Sacramento; this despite Gay's stated decision -- before his current injury -- to opt out of his contract next summer and his desire to be elsewhere as soon as possible, a sentiment expressed to the organization repeatedly.

"Welcome to basketball hell," Gay reportedly said to Karl upon the coach's arrival. But to Vivek Ranadive, it's inconceivable that Gay, or perhaps anyone, would want to play anywhere else."

Now I just feel bad for Buddy. And I need to change my avatar...

I love this bit

IN A CONFERENCE room inside the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Las Vegas in October, a few weeks before this season, referee Bennett Salvatore is briefing the Kings on the NBA's points of emphasis with regard to officiating. It's an annual rite for each of the 30 teams, and Salvatore opens the session by letting the players in attendance know that game officials appreciate an open line of communication. Refs care about getting the calls right, he says. If you have concerns, we want to hear them.

"This is bulls---!" Cousins yells at Salvatore. "They don't want to listen!"

"Take a deep breath!"

"No, you take a deep breath!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Thread Information