Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We should have drafted Jamal Murray!

Pelicans We should have drafted Jamal Murray!

Looking at this rising star challenge, it appears to me like we may have drafted the wrong player. I like buddy but j Murray seems to be the better player.

Lets trade 2017 pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    Looking at this rising star challenge, it appears to me like we may have drafted the wrong player. I like buddy but j Murray seems to be the better player.
    Did you feel that way at halftime?

I knew this would be on here I just wanted to get on here and look lol I won the bet with myself , right on que bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew this would happen
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    Did you feel that way at halftime?
    I didnt see the first half. But I did feel this way before the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Lets trade 2017 pick for him.
    2017 - 2025 Dell's going to do it anyway..might as well.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I didnt see the first half.
    Really? Well, isn't that convenient....

Their regular season numbers are similar, and he is 4 years younger. I could see that as a reason for preferring him over Hield. Wanting him because he was the MVP in the Rising Star game...not a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Really? Well, isn't that convenient....
    Sorry but some people are adults and do have responsibilties...

Sorry but some people are adults and do have responsibilties...
    Like posting your opinions on message boards.

How mature of you.

I saw this "prisoner of the moment" thread coming a mile away. Now can we please end this thread and discuss some more trade deadline rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I saw this "prisoner of the moment" thread coming a mile away. Now can we please end this thread and discuss some more trade deadline rumors?
    It's worse than that. It's prisoner of specific moments.

Everything Murray did in the 2nd half, Hield did in the 1st.

Murray did shoot better, but Hield actually defended, moved off ball. Other meaningless things in a meaningless games ultimately.

Either way, it was fun to see him looking a little cocky. Trying some moves he'd never get away with in a real game like that behind the back shot. Or trying to do an off the backboard 360.

Like posting your opinions on message boards.

How mature of you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	108cd313134e2fd7137ed0a682b8eb0db11432d72f703110a3d759394afd994d.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	6239

Screw Murray and Heild, when can we sign Jason Williams? White Chocolate hasn't lost it.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This is what a forum is about...you express your thoughts and let everyone else comment on it. But some of you take things too personal. That attitude is what makes some of us leave for time to time...

Regardless of who is the better player now, I definitely think Murray has more potential. He shoots off the dribble easier than Buddy, and can finish in traffic better. Not to mention his shot seems to be easier to get off against defenders. Just hope this award isn't a preview of things to come.
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Wow, just saw that Heild went 3-12 from 3, while Murray went 9-12.

http://www.nba.com/games/20170217/WLDUSA#/boxscore

By the OP's logic(and half this thread) Frank Kaminsky >>> Karl Anthony Towns/Myles Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin_Food View Post
    Regardless of who is the better player now, I definitely think Murray has more potential. He shoots off the dribble easier than Buddy, and can finish in traffic better. Not to mention his shot seems to be easier to get off against defenders. Just hope this award isn't a preview of things to come.
    Weren't we here before? Early December, after Murray had some good stretch and won November Rookie of the Month. Heard people lamenting the draft, etc.

Then Hield won the same award in December and conveniently the talk dies down?

I guess this is just how it'll be. Someone has to be right and the other choice is wrong. Both players can't be good in their own respect. Oh no. That'd be too sensible.

LoL am I the only person that was getting aggravated he was taking all of the shots and not letting Buddy touch it. He was hot but still it was driving me nuts haha. I like Murray I just like Buddy more.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Screw Murray and Heild, when can we sign Jason Williams? White Chocolate hasn't lost it.
    If I had to pick someone for Buddy to work with in the offseason it would be Jason Williams. I believe he is training guys. IMO Williams is the perfect guy to work with him and help his handles. Could put together some routines to practice. Curry would also be a great person for him to possibly work with and pick up some routines. For Buddy to take it to the next level it's going to be with his handles improving and attacking the rim.

I hope like MAD that, assuming Buddy stays healthy through the rest of the season, he plays in Summer League this year.

Would love to see how much his game can grow with experience and a few months to fine tune his handle.

Heild took more shots than Murray (22 to 19), and his % was much worse (50% to 68%).

I think right now Heild vs Murray is like the early days of CP3 vs Dwill, now who will be CP3, and who will be DWill?

Thread Information