Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Brook Lopez trade talks??? {edited}

Frazier and Ajinca would likely be gone if those trades go down FWIW
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Awesome, edited. I'm sure their replacements would be better fits anyway.
    Last edited by Rheem654; 02-17-2017 at 12:17 PM.

I would happily do top-3 protected because if you trade for Lopez, top 3 protected is essentially top-10 protected. But they are trying to trade the 2018 pick because they think it will be easier to get a player on draft night with the 2017 pick than the 2018 pick. But if Brooklyn doesn't budge, I wonder if they part with 2017.

If they can make this deal, I think they swing Asik (to a third team) and their 2017 pick to Toronto for Carroll in June. Third team gets Asik and Clippers 2017 pick. This would be enough to to sway Jrue to re-sign and you go into next year with a very nice starting five, Hill, Moore, Diallo and hopefully hit on 2-3 more guys the way you hit on Frazier, DC, Jones, D-Mo, etc.

This sounds like the best case scenario plan as of today. At least from their POV.
    Just curious, why would Pel do that trade and have 23m on Carroll and Hill? If Pel want Carroll for whatever reason I think Rap will do Carroll for DC/Reke/2nd before dead line.

Raptors think that Carroll might help them in PO. With his 3&D potential and experience.

IMO Dante makes some sense there. Probably they wont bite.

Raps won't trade anyone this season while they are trying to make a run. But they will have to dump Carroll or Val to resign Lowry and Ibaka and they won't want to take any money back

Not to go deep into the tax they will probably have to trade both...

2Pat is also expiring.
    DeRozan gets 27,7 :/

DMR,Lowry and Ibaka might cost combined~80 millions.
    But agree. Now they go all for PO. Dont expect big moves now. ..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    Just curious, why would Pel do that trade and have 23m on Carroll and Hill? If Pel want Carroll for whatever reason I think Rap will do Carroll for DC/Reke/2nd before dead line.
    We can start with nothing involving or 2017 1st for Lopez or Carroll makes any sense.

Raps won't trade anyone this season while they are trying to make a run. But they will have to dump Carroll or Val to resign Lowry and Ibaka and they won't want to take any money back
    They're also in the slump with Lowry playing heavy min, they need a 2nd ball handler better than Joseph Reke kinda fit the bill. DC isn't that far off Carroll I think, he is passable. That is if Pel want Carroll at all.

If you had any clue which people I talked to and whose numbers were in my phone, you would realize how naive you sound. But that's fine, live in your bubble and hope for the best. I don't have the heart to take that away from people anymore
    So any idea what happened to the approach of going after guys in the age group 20 to 27 if they are now targeting guys like Lopez and Carrol?

They're also in the slump with Lowry playing heavy min, they need a 2nd ball handler better than Joseph Reke kinda fit the bill. DC isn't that far off Carroll I think, he is passable. That is if Pel want Carroll at all.
    DC isnt far off Carroll?
    Sorry that made me laugh.

Translation= We won't get past the second round of the playoffs with that team!!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    DC isnt far off Carroll?
    Sorry that made me laugh.
    Go take a look at stat, go take a look at PRICE TAG, go watch some games and come laugh at me. I am from Toronto.

Toronto would laugh all the way to the bank and save 20m+ the next two years, they need every penny for Lowry in the summer.

Like I said, I have no idea why Pel would even want Carroll.

Go take a look at stat, go take a look at PRICE TAG, go watch some games and come laugh at me. I am from Toronto.

Toronto would laugh all the way to the bank and save 20m+ the next two years, they need every penny for Lowry in the summer.

Like I said, I have no idea why Pel would even want Carroll.
    I have family in Toronto so I keep a keen eye on Toronto.
    Carroll is coming off a major injury so it's hard to say if he has really regressed.

I wouldn't want him because of age and price, but Dante isn't that much younger.

Carroll before the injury or Carroll in 6 months from now is a much better player than Dante.

Watch some Pels games and see how one dimensional Dante is.

I have family in Toronto so I keep a keen eye on Toronto.
    Carroll is coming off a major injury so it's hard to say if he has really regressed.

I wouldn't want him because of age and price, but Dante isn't that much younger.

Carroll before the injury or Carroll in 6 months from now is a much better player than Dante.

Watch some Pels games and see how one dimensional Dante is.
    Cunningham $3 million, Carroll $30 million. Not nearly enough difference for that cost.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Cunningham $3 million, Carroll $30 million. Not nearly enough difference for that cost.
    Dante will probably opt out and I'm betting he gets in the ballpark of the MLE. 4/$30 is still cheaper than 2/$30, but $3 million isn't really an accurate number to work with for the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Dante will probably opt out and I'm betting he gets in the ballpark of the MLE. 4/$30 is still cheaper than 2/$30, but $3 million isn't really an accurate number to work with for the comparison.
    Not a loss for Pels though as they have committed $ to Hill (which is why I do not see the interest in Carroll at all).

Contracts weren’t the discussion.
    Player ability was.
    And no way Cunningham is better than or the same as Carroll.

Contracts weren’t the discussion.
    Player ability was.
    And no way Cunningham is better than or the same as Carroll.
    Value is always in the discussion when comparing players. Carroll is better than DC, but not that much better to warrant the extra cost.

Not a loss for Pels though as they have committed $ to Hill (which is why I do not see the interest in Carroll at all).
    Hill playing like a backup really screws things up. Hill + Carroll > Hill + Cunningham, but is it $7 million better. And if you got lucky and you could convince the Wizards to cheap out and trade Porter for a pick, would you really want to have $35 million tied up in Porter/Hill? Overpaying for one is probably worth it, overpaying for both is going to screw you in other areas. And that might be something you could live with if you had cheap talent to provide depth by using your draft picks but...

Thread Information