Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Brook Lopez trade talks??? {edited}

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If Okafor improves or plays proportionally as improved as Terrence Jones has, it's a considerable improvement.

This is the problem. I don't care what inside info you have, you don't know the future. Probabaility when talking about why human being are capable of is as scientific as a horoscope or homeopathic medicine.

Okafor could be a perfect fit you don't know.

I'd rather make no deals involving our 1sts at all. But yeah. I'll be cool with Okafor over Brooks.
    Ding!

Well then, based on that logic, Tim Frazier might turn into Russell Westbrook. You don't know he won't! So let's not make any trade at all. Frazier and AD could be all we need!!!
    @mcnamara247

I would honestly take Diallo over Okafor. If neither was on the team and both were free, I honestly would choose Diallo. That's how little I believe in Okafor. And yes it is just an educated guess. I don't think it's a spoiler Alert that I don't know the future. But that's how little I think of Okafor's potential

It's just an educated guess, but I believe what we've seen out of Okafor in Philly is too small a sample size considering he's been stuck on a team that was trying to tank and hasn't been in the best situation to reach the potential everyone said he had just 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would honestly take Diallo over Okafor. If neither was on the team and both were free, I honestly would choose Diallo. That's how little I believe in Okafor. And yes it is just an educated guess. I don't think it's a spoiler Alert that I don't know the future. But that's how little I think of Okafor's potential
    So if Okafor, Lopez and Vuc is not going to happen, who do you think they will go after?
    Will they still go after the 20-27 age bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's just an educated guess, but I believe what we've seen out of Okafor in Philly is too small a sample size considering he's been stuck on a team that was trying to tank and hasn't been in the best situation to reach the potential everyone said he had just 2 years ago.
    Sounds like what we said about Tyreke.

Crap team and not playing his 'natural' position.

TBH I think making all these trades to appease Davis is foolish.
    Collect assests/picks and when he demands a trade next season get more assets.

I am not a fan. Haven't been in a few years. I keep up with them for the same reason people like looking at a car crash and because I enjoy doing the pod with Ryan. Only two reasons but I never feel any emotion- win or lose
    If those are the only two reasons then why are you spending so much time on these forums? Please feel free to go back to Tiger droppings or just leave all together.

For someone who says so often that this franchise is doomed, he's not a fan, etc you sure spend a lot of your time talking about it.

I couldn't imagine wasting as much of my life as you do on something I don't care about. Or maybe I have it wrong and Utah is just that boring.

As far as Lopez goes the trade just doesn't make sense, he is older and will still be due a big contract after next season. Imo it's all just a smokescreen due to Philly. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb fan dictated by emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So if Okafor, Lopez and Vuc is not going to happen, who do you think they will go after?
    Will they still go after the 20-27 age bracket?
    Maybe they sniff around Monroe again. Or maybe they see if Suns are willing to give up Len. Those are my educated guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sounds like what we said about Tyreke.

Crap team and not playing his 'natural' position.

TBH I think making all these trades to appease Davis is foolish.
    Collect assests/picks and when he demands a trade next season get more assets.
    Tyreke wasn't 21 and wasn't locked into a rookie deal. Not a good comparison. I'm also not sure they're doing this to appease Davis. I think they see that Davis needs to be healthy in order to contribute, having another big would take some pressure off of Davis, and the team lacks an offensive post threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If those are the only two reasons then why are you spending so much time on these forums? Please feel free to go back to Tiger droppings or just leave all together.

For someone who says so often that this franchise is doomed, he's not a fan, etc you sure spend a lot of your time talking about it.

I couldn't imagine wasting as much of my life as you do on something I don't care about. Or maybe I have it wrong and Utah is just that boring.

As far as Lopez goes the trade just doesn't make sense, he is older and will still be due a big contract after next season. Imo it's all just a smokescreen due to Philly. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb fan dictated by emotions.
    If I know I am bothering YOU just a little bit, I'm gonna spend even more time here now!

If I know I am bothering YOU just a little bit, I'm gonna spend even more time here now!

LOL!

Love it.

If Diallo is better, why doesn't Gentry just play him with AD?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Love it.

If Diallo is better, why doesn't Gentry just play him with AD?
    I'd love to know this as well. I say bring him up from the D-League and let him play whenever the score allows it.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Well then, based on that logic, Tim Frazier might turn into Russell Westbrook. You don't know he won't! So let's not make any trade at all. Frazier and AD could be all we need!!!
    Well met.

Few problems though.

Frazier's physical profile doesn't measure up to being elite compared to Russell Westbrook in an analogous way

Okafor has plus size for his position. Frazier does not.

Frazier lacks the fine skill to do well at his position. Okafor does not.

Okafor came into the league at a younger age than Frazier. I'd say most put age as one of the primary factors that play into potential.

Sheeee, I don't even want Okafor. But yeah, I'll stand with the young man on a rookie deal than throw in with someone who is only so-so, alright, and a bit more up in years, without having really any dynamic qualities. Okafor has an advanced feel for the game on the offensive side. I'm fine rolling the dice there.

You may be right. However, did you feel this way when he came out in the draft? It appears many scouts even thought he should be the #1 overall, but if not, certainly #2. What happened in such a short time to make him so useless already?

If you listen to our pods, Ryan and I both hated Okafor and couldn't understand why you would have him so high in this NBA. The guy it looks like I was wrong about was Mudiay. I had him #2 on my board. Russell 3, Porgingas 4, Winslow 5

If you listen to our pods, Ryan and I both hated Okafor and couldn't understand why you would have him so high in this NBA. The guy it looks like I was wrong about was Mudiay. I had him #2 on my board. Russell 3, Porgingas 4, Winslow 5
    "this NBA" is always changing.

How do you beat the Warriors? You can't beat them matching small ball, I think you have to be able force them to go big if you have any chance at all. Maybe it doesn't work. Who knows. But I think the NBA is always changing.

Basketball Guru
    "this NBA" is always changing.

How do you beat the Warriors? You can't beat them matching small ball, I think you have to be able force them to go big if you have any chance at all. Maybe it doesn't work. Who knows. But I think the NBA is always changing.

OKC showed you last season how to deal with GS but westbrook tried to play hero ball and went away from the adams and kantner in the paint everytime OKC played GS and the results was GS came out on top......i think a Adams and AD duo would get GS out of their game....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    OKC showed you last season how to deal with GS but westbrook tried to play hero ball and went away from the adams and kantner in the paint everytime OKC played GS and the results was GS came out on top......i think a Adams and AD duo would get GS out of their game....
    Right. And I think AD and Okafor could do the same. I think AD/Okafor is significantly better than Adams/Kanter.

Right. And I think AD and Okafor could do the same. I think AD/Okafor is significantly better than Adams/Kanter.
    Did they play on the court together or did Kanter come off the bench?

Anyone think the Kings would bite on this?

Pels get – Koufos and Tolliver (non-guaranteed next year)

For

Asik and Evans + our 2 2nd rounders

Makes them a better team considering they are hoping to make the 8.

You don't bother me. You don't matter enough for that. Lol.

However, you do seem like a walking contradiction since you claim to not care and yet you spend so much time on something you don't care about.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-14-2017 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You don't bother me. You don't matter enough for that. Lol.

However, you do seem like a walking contradiction since you claim to not care and yet you spend so much time on something you don't care about.

Is Utah that boring?
    Hard to believe that Mythrol. He's gotten you pretty riled up over the last couple years.

Basketball Guru

i feel ya....i would go to war against GS with a lineup of,,jrue,,reke,,hill,,AD,,okafor......you would have to force curry to play defense against jrue or reke,,,maybe draw some fouls on curry early to sit him.......the thing is,,,gentry would not draw plays up for jrue or reke to post up curry .....

Thread Information