Pelicans Report

Thread: Paul George won't sign new deal

Paul George won't sign new deal

Article on ESPN.com about Paul George not commiting to a new deal. Says he want to win and compete for championships. Not that we are a winning team but if we can get him here and get hot with AD we might have something. IMO PG13 is the missing piece for us and the best fit in he NBA for guys who are realistically available. Mark my words he will be traded and we might have the assets to get it done by landing a high pick this draft. When I look at teams that will actually be in the hunt for him we no doubt have the most complimentary piece in the game for his skill set with AD. Also Jrue is a great fit wit George as well. Unless he is wants a big market team we have to be intriguing for him if he wants to win. Not many big market teams I can't think of who would go after George are anywhere near close to winning.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...indiana-pacers

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Article on ESPN.com about Paul George not commiting to a new deal. Says he want to win and compete for championships. Not that we are a winning team but if we can get him here and get hot with AD we might have something. IMO PG13 is the missing piece for us and the best fit in he NBA for guys who are realistically available. Mark my words he will be traded and we might have the assets to get it done by landing a high pick this draft. When I look at teams that will actually be in the hunt for him we no doubt have the most complimentary piece in the game for his skill set with AD. Also Jrue is a great fit wit George as well. Unless he is wants a big market team we have to be intriguing for him if he wants to win. Not many big market teams I can't think of who would go after George are anywhere near close to winning.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...indiana-pacers
    Would love to have him but that winning team comment makes me think if some how the Cavs can pull it off that's where he'll go

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Would love to have him but that winning team comment makes me think if some how the Cavs can pull it off that's where he'll go
    man that would suck. im hating this era of super super-teams. i hope he joins the raptors or stays in indiana. i want to see some kind of competition in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    No way the Cavs could do it without losing some big pieces like Thompson or Love. Also I don't think they have the assets without moving Irving since this 1st round picks are worth very little. I don't know if we will have enough but they can't get a ransom if he won't commit to signing with a team. Celtics are a team I would be worried about us not having a chance with them having their picks and Crowder if he is even needed. We can offer 3 1st round picks and Diallo which IMO would have to be considered by the Pacers.

Would be risky but I'm betting putting together a great team with George and convincing him to stay with AD. If we aren't good by that point time might be up with AD anyway. If he decides to leave we will suck and have our draft picks 3 years down the road. IMO a risk worth taking because of how good of a fit I believe George would be. Jrue having another off season full healthy and camp with the team, Buddy continuing to improve and just be a solid player next year, Davis of course being himself with a little improvement in the post, and the addition of George to this starting lineup could be serious contenders. We have a decent bench that can give or take a couple players to improve it and we are set. Landing Paul George could change everything for us and I would take that chance. Don't know if someone would be willing to best that offer without a commitment.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-18-2017 at 03:47 AM.

No way the Cavs could do it without losing some big pieces like Thompson or Love. Also I don't think they have the assets without moving Irving since this 1st round picks are worth very little. I don't know if we will have enough but they can't get a ransom if he won't commit to signing with a team. Celtics are a team I would be worried about us not having a chance with them having their picks and Crowder if he is even needed. We can offer 3 1st round picks and Diallo which IMO would have to be considered by the Pacers.

Would be risky but I'm betting putting together a great team with George and convincing him to stay with AD. If we aren't good by that point time might be up with AD anyway. If he decides to leave we will suck and have our draft picks 3 years down the road. IMO a risk worth taking because of how good of a fit I believe George would be. Jrue having another off season full healthy and camp with the team, Buddy continuing to improve and just be a solid player next year, Davis of course being himself with a little improvement in the post, and the addition of George to this starting lineup could be serious contenders. We have a decent bench that can give or take a couple players to improve it and we are set. Landing Paul George could change everything for us and I would take that chance. Don't know if someone would be willing to best that offer without a commitment.
    Hey,I'm completely with you agree with everything you said but then again I thought there's no way the warriors can sign KD then boom ruined the NBA season lol

Yes!! If I could choose between George, Butler, and Cousins I'm going with George hands down. What a perfect fit he would be here.

Why would anyone make a trade for a player not guaranteed to resign it's not worth the risk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Why would anyone make a trade for a player not guaranteed to resign it's not worth the risk .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely worth the risk. When you can get one of the 10 best players to put next to AD you do it. George wants to win and we can show him next season with AD he can do that.

I'm with GA, I would offer an unprotected 1st and anyone not named Anthony Davis for PG13. If you move Jrue or Hield in the process are you giving up the chance at a Big 3? Yes. But if you field a team of AD and PG13 you are fielding the best two players to share a court (East of GS), and that will draw anyone and everyone to come and be the 3rd banana.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If we trade for Boogie do you think that's enough reason for PG13 to sign here as a free agent?

Yes!! If I could choose between George, Butler, and Cousins I'm going with George hands down. What a perfect fit he would be here.
    Wait what stories? Haven't seen anything mentioned about us trading for him or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by 75saint View Post
    If we trade for Boogie do you think that's enough reason for PG13 to sign here as a free agent?
    Absolutely! I think we have a chance of Westbrook or George signing here.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We're worth at least a look now. Even if it's a cursory one.

Thread Information