Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook Lopez trade talks??? {edited}

Brook Lopez trade talks??? {edited}

Hoopshype.com is reporting a rumored deal of Lopez for Evans, Galloway, Frazier and a protected 2018 pick.

They are not reporting a rumored deal, they are reporting that the sides are talking.

Everybody are talking before deadline.
    Everybody is sending signals to other franchises.

I'd rather have Jahlil then Brook...

Basketball Guru
    if happen then we still have asik and the frenchmen.....who replace reke,,,galloway and frazier?.....

I'd rather not trade at all than trade for Lopez.

Don't want Lopez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Anyone who knows me knows I want Tyreke the hell off this team. But that is an awful awful AWFUL deal if that's what they were taking about.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Brooks is not tenable.

I would prefer someone else more in the same timeline with AD like Okafor but Lopez looks pretty good too. I could live with him if the price is right .
    https://youtu.be/aQIOB5pLoNk

I do not understand why people are so down on Lopez. I like his game. He could be taken out with 6 minutes to go in the first quarter and start the second quarter and be the first option with the second unit. He can match up against BIG BIGS. The only thing that scares me a little is his price tag and being only under contract this year and next. This team needs an older player to calm everyone down. I also think he can rebound better than his numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    I do not understand why people are so down on Lopez. I like his game. He could be taken out with 6 minutes to go in the first quarter and start the second quarter and be the first option with the second unit. He can match up against BIG BIGS. The only thing that scares me a little is his price tag and being only under contract this year and next. This team needs an older player to calm everyone down. I also think he can rebound better than his numbers.
    Because people like potential over reality. Always will

But realistically, the chance of Okafor becoming even 80% of Lopez is under 5% IMO. I hate the idea of trading the pick for any center, but if I had to do it for one, it's clearly Lopez
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

But realistically, the chance of Okafor becoming even 80% of Lopez is under 5% IMO. I hate the idea of trading the pick for any center, but if I had to do it for one, it's clearly Lopez
    He has one year left on his deal, and then what do you do? Sign a 31 year old center with an injury past to another monster deal? This isn't a situation in which people should just be blinded by current value. I think the value with Okafor is just as much that he'll without a doubt outperform his rookie deal (he'll be around 5% of the cap) for the next few years and hopefully continue to grow with Davis. If it doesn't work out, worst case scenario you traded a protected 2018 first rounder for a very good 3rd big. I see the floor as being very high with this Okafor trade depending on the pick protection.

Lopez is definitely the current better player and, as you pointed out, likely always will be. But, I don't get why you'd prefer him when he only has one year left on his deal. In addition to a 2018 1st round pick, in a year we're gonna have to pay through the nose to keep a center who's over 30. Also, he's likely to help net us a few wins in 2017, which might push us out of any chance at a high lottery pick. What's the logic beyond this season?

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He has one year left on his deal, and then what do you do? Sign a 31 year old center with an injury past to another monster deal? This isn't a situation in which people should just be blinded by current value. I think the value with Okafor is just as much that he'll without a doubt outperform his rookie deal (he'll be around 5% of the cap) for the next few years and hopefully continue to grow with Davis. If it doesn't work out, worst case scenario you traded a protected 2018 first rounder for a very good 3rd big. I see the floor as being very high with this Okafor trade depending on the pick protection.
    That's exactly my concern. Do you give up a 1st for a guy who you have for maybe a year? If Demps is still around after that year, are you then comfortable that he will not give Lopez a 4-5 year/$30 million a year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Lopez is definitely the current better player and, as you pointed out, likely always will be. But, I don't get why you'd prefer him when he only has one year left on his deal. In addition to a 2018 1st round pick, in a year we're gonna have to pay through the nose to keep a center who's over 30. Also, he's likely to help net us a few wins in 2017, which might push us out of any chance at a high lottery pick. What's the logic beyond this season?
    To be clear, I would never do any of these deals. But this franchise is doomed. Lopez givea me the best chance of enjoying these final few seasons with AD

To be clear, I would never do any of these deals. But this franchise is doomed. Lopez givea me the best chance of enjoying these final few seasons with AD
    Dude this franchise is not doomed , the Nets are doomed we have a chance there is a trickle of light I choose to be optimistic but I'm also realistic that we won't contend for a championship anytime soon but who will with GS and Cleveland sucking up all the stars trying to win a ring .

I think we have different opinions as to what a doomed franchise looks like. The Nets franchise is doomed. We still have the best asset in the NBA on our roster.

If you gave Nets management our situation, they would turn it around. I have no doubt. But I agree, the Nets are doomed too in a different way

You are looking at roster and most fans think that is what matters most because it is what's visible. But the ownership is the most important thing in any organization. It sets the course and dictates the culture. So, in that way, this franchise is more doomed IMO.

If you gave Nets management our situation, they would turn it around. I have no doubt. But I agree, the Nets are doomed too in a different way

You are looking at roster and most fans think that is what matters most because it is what's visible. But the ownership is the most important thing in any organization. It sets the course and dictates the culture. So, in that way, this franchise is more doomed IMO.
    Besides Benson leaving, is there any other way to save this franchise? What if Rita Benson takes over?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Besides Benson leaving, is there any other way to save this franchise? What if Rita Benson takes over?
    I have no idea what the succession plan is or what that person would do. Al Davis left the team to his idiot son but his idiot son hired a smart football guy and got out of his way. That is the best case scenario, but not the most likely IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Yeah sure if you want her to move the franchise somewhere else

Basketball Guru

lol come on man,,we are not doomed as long as we have a player like AD..when AD get leverage years and make noise about leaving or being GM like lebron,,still i dont see us as being doomed with mr.benson still being the owner....we would be able to get some players and picks for AD and no telling who and how good the young players may be and how good we do on the picks,,,we just may turn around and have a good young up and coming team.......

i think we will have a new GM soon and maybe that GM can sell Gail on a plan where she can make it sound good and make sense to mr. benson....yes i know,,im hoping on this part....

Hey, believe what you want to believe man. I am done wasting my time trying to convince others, but I will still speak my truth

Brook Lopez trade talks??? {edited}

Hey, believe what you want to believe man. I am done wasting my time trying to convince others, but I will still speak my truth
    Not tryin to be a smart ********** and I enjoy your insight and I'm glad your here but if you really believe we are doomed why do you stay on Pelicans report so much I don't think I would invest any time at all if I wasn't a fan and didn't somewhat believe or hope for some success out of this franchise .

I am not a fan. Haven't been in a few years. I keep up with them for the same reason people like looking at a car crash and because I enjoy doing the pod with Ryan. Only two reasons but I never feel any emotion- win or lose

Thread Information