Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Let's trade our 1st round draft pick forsomeone that ranks DEAD LAST in stats

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lol. So now people have taken to claiming the 2013 draft wasn't terrible just to keep hating on Dell for trading the pick. . .
    It was not a good draft but it was not the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It was not a good draft but it was not the worse.
    It was one of the worst in modern history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It was one of the worst in modern history.
    Not the worse. I just gave you some names. One plays with the Pels now. Anyway kind of interesting how the Sixers hid Jrue's injuries and kind of got away with it.

Maybe this is hinting at a change in system or coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That's one thing I do not get about them targeting Okafor. Gentry likes big men who can pass the ball. Okafor is not that. Demps always seems to target players in a vacuum rather than looking at the system or players that we have that fit the system.

A big man with a low post game fits any system. All the good teams have a few players that can do something with their back to the basket. Isn't always from the center position.

Bron does it for Cleveland.
    Draymond, Klay, & Bogut (before he got dealt) for GS.
    Duncan, Aldridge, and Gasol for SA.
    Valenciunas for Toronto.
    Memphis has two.
    Griffin for LA.
    Gortat for Washington.

The standout exception might be Houston, but Harden does it and he drives so much.
    Last edited by luckyman; 02-08-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    A big man with a low post game fits any system. All the good teams have a few players that can do something with their back to the basket. Isn't always from the center position.

Bron does it for Cleveland.
    Draymond, Klay, & Bogut (before he got dealt) for GS.
    Duncan, Aldridge, and Gasol for SA.
    Valenciunas for Toronto.
    Memphis has two.
    Griffin for LA.
    Gortat for Washington.

The standout exception might be Houston, but Harden does it and he drives so much.
    I understand that, but almost every players that you mentioned is multi dimensional. Either offensively, defensively, or a combination of both. Name me a one dimensional, back to the basket, offensive big in the NBA that has had a prominent role with a successful team in the last 5 years. The only person Who I can think of is Duncan.

Having the the ability to score in the half court Consistently is vital to every NBA team, and he will bring more of that. However, this team is not in need of that skill set. This team is doing so poorly because they lack discipline, accountability, and general maturity. If they had a quality veteran leader or coach who carries some clout this team would be much more consistent and then a move of this nature would make sense. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by cmariaou View Post
    I understand that, but almost every players that you mentioned is multi dimensional. Either offensively, defensively, or a combination of both. Name me a one dimensional, back to the basket, offensive big in the NBA that has had a prominent role with a successful team in the last 5 years. The only person Who I can think of is Duncan.

Having the the ability to score in the half court Consistently is vital to every NBA team, and he will bring more of that. However, this team is not in need of that skill set. This team is doing so poorly because they lack discipline, accountability, and general maturity. If they had a quality veteran leader or coach who carries some clout this team would be much more consistent and then a move of this nature would make sense. IMO
    Well firstly Duncan was anything but a one dimensional player. The closest to that is a player the Spurs recently signed, --Lamarcus Aldridge. He certainly was a hot commodity in the supposed "new" NBA.

Also, even though I'm personally at about 45% positive on trading for Okafor, there really isn't much to say he is one dimensional. He also can face up and has a nice handle. Supposed high basketball IQ. He has a jumper.

I certainly don't question his game in this NBA. He can be an all-star. I do question if this is the right team for him. He needs to be in a place with strong leadership and discipline. Either from the sidelines or on the court, this team's seems poor in both categories.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Prime Amar'e Stoudemire?

Thread Information