Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NOLA potential landing spot for Larry Sanders?

NOLA potential landing spot for Larry Sanders?

He is a terrible human being and he probably isn't good any more/rusty as heck. But sure, why not!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is a terrible human being and he probably isn't good any more/rusty as heck. But sure, why not!
    Domestic violence? Weed? Passionless player? What's makes him a terrible person?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

You mistreat dogs and I hate you for life. I'd forgive Ray Rice before I forgave a dog abuser

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    You mistreat dogs and I hate you for life. I'd forgive Ray Rice before I forgave a dog abuser
    Animal abuser, huh? Gross. I agree with your sentiments, in that case.
    @DanielVeuleman

A sore spot for me because they were German Shepards, of which I have had several since I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Animal abuser, huh? Gross. I agree with your sentiments, in that case.
    Yeah this is sad. Puppies no less.

Milwaukee Bucks center Larry Sanders, who was involved in an altercation at a Milwaukee nightclub on Nov. 3, was cited twice last January for cruelty to animals, according to Municipal Court records.

Sanders paid a total of $330 for the two municipal citations.

According to court records, a neighbor called police to say Sanders kept his two German shepherd puppies outside in the cold for hours without proper shelter, food and water.

The person said she tried to speak with Sanders about his dogs, but felt intimidated and was told by Sanders to leave his property. The neighbor said Sanders told herhe was going to call the police if she returned, court records say.

On Jan. 3, police attempted to contact Sanders but were unsuccessful. An officer went to Sanders' home in the 3200 block of N. Lake Dr., and saw the two puppies in the backyard with no shelter, food or water.

The officer noted that the temperature outside was 17 degrees.

According to the article, Animal Control determined the dogs were in harm and removed them from the premises.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Yeah this is sad. Puppies no less.
    Wow, I was about to defend him if he was deemed terrible for quitting basketball and liking herb, but yea that's pretty terrible. Hard pass on him in that case. As lacking in talent this team often is, at least they're mostly high character people.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Well. That's bad.

Weed head and irresponsible, abusive dog owner.

Can get why no one is really giving two flips about him then. I don't need to like a player to tolerate them being on my team in most circumstances. But I don't know. Might not even matter.

He's flirted with coming back to the NBA before. He'll probably change his mind again.

It could of been the weed in his system. I highly doubt he is really a dog abuser from those charges more like irresponsible while intoxicated. And I'm sorry but ray rice was much worse than this by all accounts.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It could of been the weed in his system. I highly doubt he is really a dog abuser from those charges more like irresponsible while intoxicated. And I'm sorry but ray rice was much worse than this by all accounts.
    Can we stop making Ray Rice the face of domestic violence when there someone admittedly much worse--Giants kicker Josh Brown? The man referred to his ex wife as his "slave" and admitted to this behavior towards women going back decades.

Ray Rice made amends with his wife and is still married to her although, out of the league.

Leaving your dog outside is not dog abuse lol wtf. That neighbor is annoying and should mind her own business. I've seen literally hundreds of dogs that lived in the backyard perfectly fine, that's not something out of the ordinary. Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Leaving your dog outside is not dog abuse lol wtf. That neighbor is annoying and should mind her own business. I've seen literally hundreds of dogs that lived in the backyard perfectly fine, that's not something out of the ordinary. Crazy.
    I hope you are never allowed to own a dog. You leave puppies in weather in the teens with no food or water and I hope the neighbors call the cops on you. Or worse.

I hope you are never allowed to own a dog. You leave puppies in weather in the teens with no food or water and I hope the neighbors call the cops on you. Or worse.
    I do own a dog, I've owned several. Although all my dogs lived indoors, my dog is family. But I'm saying I've seen hundreds of dogs live outdoors with no problem. And just because food and water are not left outside 24/7, does not mean he was not going out to feed them frequently.

I think if it were just a standard thing that you are describing, neighbors wouldn't have called and he wouldn't have been cited TWICE. At worst he is a sociopath. At best, he is just an idiot. Plus, there are other indiscretions and its not like he is that great at basketball anyway. Especially with all the time he has taken off. And to add to that, the team shouldn't be trying to win now anyway. I can list a dozen other reasons, but I don't see the need to when I can't think of even one good reason to give him a chance.

MM I find it hard to believe that you don't have forgiveness in your heart, and this is coming from a big dog lover who has forgiven someone who caused my beloved Rottweiler to die in front of my own eyes.

Btw Larry Sanders has been said to be out of shape and ro be in bad basketball shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Lol after admitting my horrible dog experience, I feel qualified to ask, are you one those folks who believe dogs matter more then humans? Ive heard fair arguments from both sides from cultural ideologies, to animal cruelty and innocence, to Darwinism.

And Sanders will stunt the growth of Diallo, so for that I'll pass.
    I believe that humans are by far the worst thing that ever happened to this planet. So yes, I value the worst dog over the best human

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Lol after admitting my horrible dog experience, I feel qualified to ask, are you one those folks who believe dogs matter more then humans? Ive heard fair arguments from both sides from cultural ideologies, to animal cruelty and innocence, to Darwinism.

And Sanders will stunt the growth of Diallo, so for that I'll pass.
    I can't speak for MM but I believe having a pet is like having a baby for the duration of its lifespan. It is an innocent creature reliant on you for its well being and development.

I believe a pet matters equally to a child and people should view someone who mistreats a pet the same as they do someone who mistreats a child. They are harming something that they made a commitment to take care of that is incapable of taking care of itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he's too old for our core going forward, so we should take a pass.

Now regarding the dog issue it's ridiculous. Do people even know what german sheppards are ? They are dog that were selected through centuries to keep and protect sheeps. They were basically raised to live outside without getting fed in cold weather (climate in Germany is not warm, believe me, that's where I'm right now). I even met some sheppard breeders that says that a sheppard dog living outside all day long would be way more happy than one living in an appartment. So, I would never let my dog outside in cold weather like that (I may humanizing them too much) but I can't call it dog abuse and there's no chance I will find that worse than abusing innocent women.
    Last edited by Blattman; 02-04-2017 at 10:31 AM.

It wasn't just the cold. He also gave young puppies no food or water for at least 24 hours. Again, if it was as innocent as you are trying to make it sound, he wouldn't have been cited twice

My guess is he was coked up or high and simply forgot-- which probably makes him more of an idiot than a monster. But he is still a guy I would gladly punch in the face if I met him

It wasn't just the cold. He also gave young puppies no food or water for at least 24 hours. Again, if it was as innocent as you are trying to make it sound, he wouldn't have been cited twice

My guess is he was coked up or high and simply forgot-- which probably makes him more of an idiot than a monster. But he is still a guy I would gladly punch in the face if I met him
    If you do believe that sheppard in Germany use to feed and give water to their dogs (even young ones) on daily basis, you have no knowledge of how rural world lives in Europe. Now it's probably not the reason why Sanders acted like that but anyway I fail to understand how let the dogs live in the way they were suppose to be is abusing them. Now neighboors reporting to police about dogs staying out for long time ? If you're a dog owner you have to know that it happens a lot and sometimes just because they want the dogs to be more quiet.

I believe that humans are by far the worst thing that ever happened to this planet. So yes, I value the worst dog over the best human
    Yikes! You are aware we've had several near-extinction level events, killing up to 90% of all animal and plant life on the planet in a matter of a months? I prefer to think of humans as what they are--an extraordinarily prolific large primate that is still coming to terms with the scope of its evolutionary success and the impact of its technological prowess. I mean, it's only been 50,000 +/- since we left Africa as nomadic bands of tribal hunters. Now we are headed to Mars. Give us a chance to adjust! We're working on it...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The planet will be fine. Animals have driven other animals into extinction before. And the planet itself has just killed billions of species off. Largest mass extinction even was just the oceans turning WAY too acidic. Humanity can really only do its worst harm to itself.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Yikes! You are aware we've had several near-extinction level events, killing up to 90% of all animal and plant life on the planet in a matter of a months? I prefer to think of humans as what they are--an extraordinarily prolific large primate that is still coming to terms with the scope of its evolutionary success and the impact of its technological prowess. I mean, it's only been 50,000 +/- since we left Africa as nomadic bands of tribal hunters. Now we are headed to Mars. Give us a chance to adjust! We're working on it...
    He just wants to virtue signal(). Like everyone likes animals and nature, dude, you can dial it back a bit. Call me when a dog can comprehend the theory of relativity, otherwise im on #TEAMPEOPLE.

It kills me when people go nuts over a dog issue and don't value a huma life the same way. Smh crazy world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It kills me when people go nuts over a dog issue and don't value a huma life the same way. Smh crazy world we live in.
    Humans are a net negative. Seriously, if you think of this planet from the Earth's perspective, is there anything else even close to as terrible as humans? Same goes for every living creatures perspective. The only thing that thinks a human has value is other humans. And they are wrong. Humans are the plague of this world.

Thread Information