Pelicans Report

Thread: "Nuggets Hope To Trade Jusuf Nurkic By Deadline"

"Nuggets Hope To Trade Jusuf Nurkic By Deadline"

A player who is sure to move between now and the trade deadline?

Denver's Jusuf Nurkic.

Sources say that the Nuggets, having acknowledged that Nikola Jokic and Nurkic didn't click as a pairing, are actively working to find Nurkic a new home that would give him the chance he deserves to be a front-line center.
    http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...he-latest-buzz

The Denver Nuggets are actively working on finding a trade to move Jusuf Nurkic before the deadline.

Nurkic will become eligible for a contract extension this summer and then become a restricted free agent in 2018.

The Nuggets have acknowledged that a pairing of Nikola Jokic and Nurkic cannot be successful.

Denver would like to give Nurkic a chance to be a starting center elsewhere while receiving a return on his value.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ic-By-Deadline

With Davis admitting he doesn't like playing Center against bigger, stronger players, bringing in Nurkic would be a good move. If it's possible to trade for him without giving up AD, Hield, Holiday, or 1st round picks, I think it would definitely be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    With Davis admitting he doesn't like playing Center against bigger, stronger players, bringing in Nurkic would be a good move. If it's possible to trade for him without giving up AD, Hield, Holiday, or 1st round picks, I think it would definitely be worth it.
    Its probably gonna take our 1st. Even if protected I think they'll want it. We don't have many other assets unless they want Tyreke's expiring contract and maybe a 2nd. I'm not sure what they're expecting in return for him.

Depends on how much the Nuggets want to make the playoffs this year, because if they're gunning for that 8 spot I think we could get a top10/lottery protected pick and Nurkic for Jrue and maybe one of our 2nds. Reke may also work too, but I don't know if he has as much trade value.

Our first and Reke for him and manimal ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Nurkic is great. Jokic becoming a beast overshadowed the guy but Nurkic is a starting 5 in this league with no real holes in his game. I'd we could find a way to get him without surrenderingredients the 2017 first rounder or Hield, I'd be all over it.
    @DanielVeuleman

Hmm, yea he might be worth giving up a top 10? protected first this year. He would really round out the roster well, give this team another core piece, and also likely spare AD bruises and injury and allow him to focus more on scoring and help D. Could still run the "small-ball" line-up with AD at Center for stretches of the game.

Nurkic / Jones
    Davis / Cunningham
    Hill /
    Hield / Moore
    Holiday/ Frazier

Have you people forgotten who the coach is? Why on earth would we trade a 1st round pick for a player that the coach wouldn't play? DMo isn't even getting minutes lately and he seemed to be clicking ok in his first few games.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Have you people forgotten who the coach is? Why on earth would we trade a 1st round pick for a player that the coach wouldn't play? DMo isn't even getting minutes lately and he seemed to be clicking ok in his first few games.
    ........fair point

Or is that just because Asik and Ajinca are complete garbage? I seem to remember a certain Aussie who did well for GS during Gentry's time there.

Magic offered Vuc and a first rounder for Dragic, I would do that trade for Jrue.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...23365843824640

1-6

Yea you're probably right. Just thinking with AD's comments about not enjoying playing Center, getting a big guy that could match up with the big Centers could be a good thing. And D-Mo is similar to AD in that he's tall enough, but not heavy or strong enough to match up with Centers like Jordan and Drummond, etc. But there's only really a few big centers like that anyway.

Speaking of, I sure hope Moteijunas' playing time is just due to getting him back in game shape and getting him acclimated to the team. Let's hope he finds more consistent minutes in the rotation after the all-star break. He chose us over other teams for playing time and a chance to contribute.

Basketball Guru

because he is better than the 3 centers we have.....i think gentry would play a center more if he can produce in the system......the coach and the gm need to listen to AD and get him a good center to play the 5 because AD does not want to play in that position against those stronger guys in the league.....he said that so they need to listen and get the help....

The Franchise    Contributor   

I don't see a trade that makes sense, but if anybody else can come up with one I'd love to see it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Luckily, not every trade is equal for both sides from the fan perspective. Teams make whiskey tango foxtrot moves quite often.

Just can't predict them because people say "Why would they make that trade?"

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Or is that just because Asik and Ajinca are complete garbage? I seem to remember a certain Aussie who did well for GS during Gentry's time there.
    I think, we are the only fanbase in the world where you can find people saying the warriors systems his Gentry's and not Kerr's. May be on the offense (even though the current pels offensive animation is quite different from the warriors under Kerr) but on players rotation there's no doubt that it was Kerr's call.

From Zach Lowe, yesterday :
    4. Jusuf Nurkic, turnover machine

It's not happening right now for the other half of the (mostly) dead Jurkic pairing. With Kenneth Faried rejuvenated, Nurkic is hurting for playing time. Perhaps the main reason: his hideous turnover rate.

The Bosnian Beast has coughed it up on 20 percent of the possessions he has finished with a shot, drawn foul, or turnover -- a gargantuan number for a big man. Only 10 guys 6-foot-10 or taller have ever tossed away so many possessions while hoarding as large a share of offense as Nurkic.

A lot of these gaffes are just careless. Nurkic is huge, and bowls over defenders in the post -- putting him at high risk for charging calls. He has slippery hands. He loves flicking fancy one-handed passes to cutters, but he often misfires or hits their legs.

He also loves hitting people. Sometimes he backs into a post-up with such force, the collision jars the ball loose.

Nurkic should be an efficient player. He's shooting 51 percent, he's a good passer, and he can bulldoze to the rim almost whenever he wants. But coaches won't trust him until he buttons up.
    So yes, he's an interesting center, an upgrade over Asik and Ajinca, but this team has to be careful in handling major assets.

At this point , I would explore AD trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Magic offered Vuc and a first rounder for Dragic, I would do that trade for Jrue.

https://twitter.com/LegionHoops/stat...23365843824640
    Re-sign Jrue and then make that trade in the offseason.
    We need to draft a dynamic PG.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Thankfully, you're not in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Trade our superstar and you lose a lot of fans. Including me unless we get another star back.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea you're probably right. Just thinking with AD's comments about not enjoying playing Center, getting a big guy that could match up with the big Centers could be a good thing. And D-Mo is similar to AD in that he's tall enough, but not heavy or strong enough to match up with Centers like Jordan and Drummond, etc. But there's only really a few big centers like that anyway.

Speaking of, I sure hope Moteijunas' playing time is just due to getting him back in game shape and getting him acclimated to the team. Let's hope he finds more consistent minutes in the rotation after the all-star break. He chose us over other teams for playing time and a chance to contribute.
    Lopez- M. Gasol. -- Gobert-- Adams-- Embiid--Cousins--Whiteside--Chandler .. I think your position has a huge hole on it. AD can't match up w/ any of those guys. Oh , Howard at times.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Yeah, that !✅

Thread Information