Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Holiday to be traded?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You seem to greatly overvalue Jrue and undervalue Noel/Okafor. I agree Noel/Okafor have not reached their peak yet, but Jrue may have (and has a long history of injuries and will be due about $20+ million a season).
    Possibly. There's 2 sides to Jrue though. The first is a passive guard who is better off the ball than he is on the ball, and he plays great defense. The second is an All Star calibre guard who is aggressive offensively, while still playing great defense. The former is my nightmare at $20 mil/year, but the latter is what everyone hopes he'll finally become.

Teams who value Jrue have got to believe that he'll play more like an All Star next year, and that guy is infinitely better than Noel/Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Demps HAS to have a clear understanding from Jrue about his offseason intentions over the next 2 weeks. If AD wants him here, they both have to sit him down and have this conversation now, not later.

It's not sufficient for Jrue to say he's not thinking about it or for Dell to say he'll wait and see and hope to resign him. Often times all sides involved will acknowledge that this is a business, and in business you don't assume the risk of losing an asset for nothing.

Jrue is not Durant and the Pelicans are not currently contending for anything. Nobody owes him the ability to explore his options. If he won't commit, you shake hands and wish him well and open the market to the best offer you can get before the deadline.
    THIS! Also the Pelicans treated Jrue very very well and they deserve him to be honest at this point

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    THIS! Also the Pelicans treated Jrue very very well and they deserve him to be honest at this point
    Milsap said he wants to be in ATL, Melo said he wants to stay in NY, and Hill wants to stay in Utah. If he won't commit they should know he doesn't want to stay but I think Dell will just take his chances and rather him walk.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    I strongly believe that Jrue is going to re-sign for $20-21 million.
    Philly and the Knicks will offer him a max

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Philly and the Knicks will offer him a max
    I doubt they offer Holiday the max. They will offer a rich offer, but doubt it is the max.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Shipping Holiday to Orlando for Vucevic seems like a fair deal. Supposedly they offered Vucevic to Heat for Dragic.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm all over that. Only thing Dragic has over Holiday is he's healthier and has more lean to aggressiveness. Jrue and Payton would make a good tandem.

After that blowout by the Nets, there better be some trades coming soon. Change is needed, obviously.

The Franchise    Contributor   

Trades!?! More than that is likely coming.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    After that blowout by the Nets, there better be some trades coming soon. Change is needed, obviously.
    If there does, then it needs to come from the top down.

Yea, very true. I guess sometimes Dell and Gentry seem somewhat immune to being fired/replaced if it hasn't happened already. But maybe this is the last straw that's needed for that.

Yeah some people need to be fired before any trades happen

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Yeah some people need to be fired before any trades happen
    Yeah, like the person responsible for acquiring these players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, like the person responsible for acquiring these players.
    I like the Galloway signing. And TJ

Hasn't been 100% terrible

What's more puzzling about the Lowe's article, it's the fact that the FO has strong doubts about Jrue being able to run a team with ball movement.
    That's valid concern but it feels like every year they discover a new player unfit to play Gentry's style. Last year was Evans, Asik and Anderson, this year Holiday, I think there's deep issues into this FO and it also why Bill Simmons called the pels "the worst Ownership/Front-office situation for the entire 2010s".

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    I like the Galloway signing. And TJ

Hasn't been 100% terrible
    His success throughout his tenure has been with bench players (usually latter part of the bench). However, when you cannot build a solid foundation and a quality starting 5, that does not translate into wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    What's more puzzling about the Lowe's article, it's the fact that the FO has strong doubts about Jrue being able to run a team with ball movement.
    That's valid concern but it feels like every year they discover a new player unfit to play Gentry's style. Last year was Evans, Asik and Anderson, this year Holiday, I think there's deep issues into this FO and it also why Bill Simmons called the pels "the worst Ownership/Front-office situation for the entire 2010s".
    Yeah I think that is definitely true. We all like to talk about these players in a vacuum most of the time. Who is better Evans or Jrue? Asik can do this or that and we don't use him. But an underlying issue is Demps has always struggled matching the talent to the coach's needs. Or matching the coach to the rosters needs.

I mean even back when it happened it was recognizable that Jrue was a bit of difficult fit if he couldn't learn to do some things he hadn't up to that point. Like improve his PnR output. Which was kind of the one thing we knew Davis would be elite in. So you want to match him with a great PnR PG. Evans on the other hand is pretty good. But he has other awkward fits with this team. Him and Gordon were major back court liabilities and that would continue with Hield. Plus, again, his style of play works counter to the coachs.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-21-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Thread Information