Pelicans Report

Thread: Who remembers this?

Who remembers this?

Man, those were the days. Short lived as they were the city was amped. JR Rider, Laetner, Sean Rooks...I can't recall who else was on that team, but yeah, Wolves jerseys were flying off the shelves like hot cakes.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    My dad talks about this whenever he sees the Wolves play. Just a bit before my NBA days.
    @DanielVeuleman

Still have that shirt.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Remember it well. The paper had little blurbs on each player on the roster. I read every single word.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I could not fathom how the tide of history would've changed. I mean, Kevin Garnett was already one of my all time favorite players...

The team was sold to Top Rank of Louisiana for $152.5 mil. Let that sink in.

Remember it well. Got me pretty excited. I bought one of the "Got'em!" T-shirts, too.

But Arum was a speculator with no real money in the deal and was leveraged to the hilt. I think it could have been a disaster had it gone through.

Though it would have been nice to have been able to see MJ pass through here in his prime. Might have sold out the Superdome with some more record crowds for those Bulls games every year.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The team was sold to Top Rank of Louisiana for $152.5 mil. Let that sink in.

ALSO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...to_New_Orleans

$40 Million from unknown investors.

Top Rank's offer was rejected by the league due to questions surrounding their financing plan. The $152 million purchase price would have been paid for through $40 million from unknown investors; up to $76.25 million in loans from banks that had yet to make commitments; and $50 million or more from undisclosed sources based on projected revenues from the un-built arena in New Orleans.[

I'm not surprised some are second guessing the Raiders move to Vegas. If you can't show the money up front something is not right.

I was fishing the day this broke and was all over WWL that evening. I was excited.
    I still think the dance team should be the Tail-feathers.

Thread Information