Pelicans Report

Thread: Davis latest injury 1/16/2017

Pelicans Davis latest injury 1/16/2017

Interesting, Article hints he could be out for a while?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mb-and-return#

With the team already on the outside looking in at the Western Conference playoff race, Davis' long-term health should be the Pelicans' priority. There's little sense in risking him to further injury in games that could have relatively little importance in the grand scheme of things.

New Orleans will likely rely on a combination of Terrence Jones and Cheick Diallo to share duties at power forward with Davis out. Diallo has played well in limited action, and Davis' injury could allow the second-round pick to show he's good enough to play a bigger role for the team.

Banned
    Let the glassman sit for while. The season even

There's really no point playing him

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's soft. Anyone can fall 5 feet straight onto their back and be perfectly okay. Especially Australians.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He's soft. Anyone can fall 5 feet straight onto their back and be perfectly okay. Especially Australians.
    I'll have you know we are like cats, always land on our feet with a beer in hand.

regarding OP, surely no one needs bleacher report to give them the idea AD could miss time.

Slow the roll on this one. We are halfway thru the season and how many games has he missed total? Two or three? He's on pace to play 75+ games this season. Let's not get carried away just yet...

Gotta say, some of the times he carelessly puts himself in situations to get hurt like this. Maybe it's still growing into his body kind of thing and realizing his limitations. But on the play today, he tries to dunk one handed far away from the rim straight into a guy that's just as athletic but heavier than him. Not a smart move. And then the other day against the Knicks, driving full speed from about half court gathering momentum, then tries dunking while there's plenty of Knicks players around, when it was unnecessary since they were up by a lot of points by then. Hopefully he can learn to play smarter and safer with his body and accepts what kind of body type he has. I do think playing alongside a bigger body true Center could help him in that regard, too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Gotta say, some of the times he carelessly puts himself in situations to get hurt like this. Maybe it's still growing into his body kind of thing and realizing his limitations. But on the play today, he tries to dunk one handed far away from the rim straight into a guy that's just as athletic but heavier than him. Not a smart move. And then the other day against the Knicks, driving full speed from about half court gathering momentum, then tries dunking while there's plenty of Knicks players around, when it was unnecessary since they were up by a lot of points by then. Hopefully he can learn to play smarter and safer with his body and accepts what kind of body type he has. I do think playing alongside a bigger body true Center could help him in that regard, too.
    That's what Asik was supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    This is what I think too

Trade him

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    That's what Asik was supposed to be
    Yea, true that. Still think he could be helpful in 20 minutes a game role. But if he's definitely not going to be in the rotation as all signs are pointing to, then they should add a big bodied true Center that they will trust can contribute.

Bogut could be an interesting addition, at the right price. Not the player he used to be, but still can contribute and has a previously established connection with Gentry.

Well at least we'll be able to move the ball around now. Get well soon AD.

Article hints he could be out for a while?
    How did you ever come to that conclusion?

This is the only information the article lists about the injury:
    The New Orleans Pelicans announced big man Anthony Davis was doubtful to return to Monday's game against the Indiana Pacers because he suffered injuries to his right hip and left thumb.

The Pelicans noted Davis was fouled on a drive and landed "hard on his back." The team added that X-rays were negative on the star big man.
    The rest is the author rehashing Davis' injury history and putting out his own opinion that the team shouldn't "risk" Davis' long term health in a lost season. Based on what I saw I expect Davis to miss at least the Orlando game and maybe not even come back until next week, but this article provides no useful information that anyone can form an opinion on regarding AD's injury other than the XRays were negative.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    How did you ever come to that conclusion?

This is the only information the article lists about the injury:

The rest is the author rehashing Davis' injury history and putting out his own opinion that the team shouldn't "risk" Davis' long term health in a lost season. Based on what I saw I expect Davis to miss at least the Orlando game and maybe not even come back until next week, but this article provides no useful information that anyone can form an opinion on regarding AD's injury other than the XRays were negative.
    It is what it is. At this point I'm ready for more Diallo . Give AD some rest. Hey Cavs have given Lebron some days off.

The Pelicans have already given Davis a game off, not injury related. He's also 23 and LeBron is a balding old man.

Landing on your tail bone hurts like hell, but I bet he'll be back this week.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The Pelicans have already given Davis a game off, not injury related. He's also 23 and LeBron is a balding old man.

Landing on your tail bone hurts like hell, but I bet he'll be back this week.
    His game off was absolutely injury related. Before the Nets game he literally told Reke, "I can't go."

Reke said it in his post game interview.

Sounds like Chris Paul is out for 6-8 weeks on his thumb, You what this means!

AD is more fragile than a freshly baked muffin

Thread Information