Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: If We're Going to Tank, We Need to Start Now

If We're Going to Tank, We Need to Start Now

In 5 easy steps, we can set ourselves up for the future by punting the rest of this doomed season:

1) Screw what the X-rays say, AD is out for 4-6 weeks minimum. Anyone who saw that fall will buy it.

2) Play Buddy and Diallo at least 30 minutes a game with players who we plan to keep after this season.

3) Gage which direction Jrue and Reke are leaning, decide on one as a future starter and start building a market for the other.

4) Alert the league that everyone outside of AD and Buddy is available and hopefully be the one of the first sellers to the trade market before other teams start deciding that their playoff chances are taking a nosedive.

5) Put a shock collar on Dell and utilize it every time the words "our first round pick" come out of his mouth.

Sounds like a plan.

Last edited by Champ; 01-16-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Wait, we haven't been tanking?

#Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quit

If there going to lose to a complete mess of a "team" as the pacers they should all just retire now.....Seriously Indianas coach is a laughing stock and the team has been disinterested in every game ive seen them play... if were gonna drop one to them there is no point even showing up anymore.........

Let us add to the list

6) Fire the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    If there going to lose to a complete mess of a "team" as the pacers they should all just retire now.....Seriously Indianas coach is a laughing stock and the team has been disinterested in every game ive seen them play... if were gonna drop one to them there is no point even showing up anymore.........
    Pacers are 6th in the East and have the 4th best home record in the NBA behind only the Warriors, Spurs and Cavs. Plus had AD not left the game we probably would have won. They suck on the road but have that arena on lockdown.

The first step is to fire Demps before he does something stupid like trading our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    The first step is to fire Demps before he does something stupid like trading our pick.
    Agree.

7) Fire the GM

Banned
    8) Alert the league that Dell will be offering any type of favours required to get Asik off the books

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2869.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	6230

Count me in on the tank bandwagon. This team needs a complete makeover from the GM on down. I absolutely hate how this roster is constructed. It's hard to root for these players outside of Davis, Hield, D-Mo, and Galloway. And Gentry is too much of a YES man to challenge Demps and convince him to get the players he really needs for his system.

Is dánny ferry still invloved?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Is dánny ferry still invloved?
    Haven't heard otherwise. Safe to assume he's still involved.

Loomis still has control as well. He is probably out scouting football players at these college all-star games so probably no firings this month. Hope I'm wrong.

#pelslife
    Last edited by Champ; 01-17-2017 at 11:25 AM.

this is a terrible situation. Davis gets hurt weekly now
    I'm a grinder

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    this is a terrible situation. Davis gets hurt weekly now
    Wrong thread

If We're Going to Tank, We Need to Start Now

Yea let's tank for the lottery so we can select another Buddy Heild and we can watch him rotate on and off the bench for the next two years . I like Buddy but what rookie has actually made any kind of an impact it's rare . Even the top over all picks rarely make impacts in the first several seasons . Not saying tanking is bad but everyone thinks that's gonna fix all our problems we need to find a number two to Davis some how and that is not a rookie .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    we need to find a number two to Davis some how and that is not a rookie .

They've spent millions upon millions and given up multiple picks to do that and bombed miserably and you want to bail on drafting guys after 1 year? Hell, we've barely drafted enough guys to know if that formula works or not

Yea let's tank for the lottery so we can select another Buddy Heild and we can watch him rotate on and off the bench for the next two years . I like Buddy but what rookie has actually made any kind of an impact it's rare . Even the top over all picks rarely make impacts in the first several seasons . Not saying tanking is bad but everyone thinks that's gonna fix all our problems we need to find a number two to Davis some how and that is not a rookie .

Tanking isn't bad.
    It's called gathering assets so you can make trades.
    Because we have zero outside AD and Buddy.

After last night I'm on the fence now. I say on the fence because I think no matter what the fans want, if we are within reach of that last playoff spot and everyone worth a damn is healthy, I don't think you will see any tanking.

Face it folks, if AD and Jrue are playing then we are not tanking, or at least not "trying" to tank.

The flip side is that if Gentry loses the team and we get more defensive performances like last night, then we will be on a defacto tank ride.

That's the same mentality that screwed us 4 years ago. There is no quick fix for this team. We have no assets and we have no pull with free agents. Literally the only small chance we have of relevancy is by drafting and developing a star through this year's loaded draft. If you have a realistic alternative, I'm all ears but the only reason that most of us are clamoring for this team to bottom out is because that is the only narrow path we can see forward that doesn't involve trading the second best thing (AD) to ever happen to this franchise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    That's the same mentality that screwed us 4 years ago. There is no quick fix for this team. We have no assets and we have no pull with free agents. Literally the only small chance we have of relevancy is by drafting and developing a star through this year's loaded draft. If you have a realistic alternative, I'm all ears but the only reason that most of us are clamoring for this team to bottom out is because that is the only narrow path we can see forward that doesn't involve trading the second best thing (AD) to ever happen to this franchise.
    We managed to sign Reke and Anderson in their prime so I wouldn't say there is "no pull with free agents"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    We managed to sign Reke and Anderson in their prime so I wouldn't say there is "no pull with free agents"
    Yeah. I mean, we aren't Sacramento. AD is likeable and our city is likable. We have some things going for us...

But we need our team to not be run like a minor league organization. The new training facility was a good start, but we need to overhaul the entirety of our team's infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Both were sign and trades which are completely different than outright signing FA's.

Thread Information