Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Pelicans @ Pacers gameday thread 1/16/17

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Actually, mediocrity would have us in the playoffs.
    Mediocrity sine Jrue's return

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Actually, mediocrity would have us in the playoffs.
    Next week's games could be final nail in coffin. Then only 3 home games in Feb. Possibility of no Davis for a while.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...mb-and-return#
    Last edited by Champ; 01-16-2017 at 11:04 PM.

It was the first game of the season that I didn't watch till the end but turned off after AD injury

One of the worst lost of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Wouldn't be surprising.

#Pelslife
    I would be done with this franchise if that is the case. AD is out there sacrificing his own body for this team while guys like Jrue are just coasting through thinking about the next pay day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I would be done with this franchise if that is the case. AD is out there sacrificing his own body for this team while guys like Jrue are just coasting through thinking about the next pay day.
    Maybe what's happend with his wife has taken it's toll and still affects him daily

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Maybe what's happend with his wife has taken it's toll and still affects him daily
    If that is the case then I fully understand how he feels as a husband. Maybe he needs more time off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    That was the first game that I've watched in a while. I was really missing basketball. Most people on here probably think I have a pessimistic view of the Pels. Just trying to set the scene here, so I'm not expecting much and excited to see us play for the first time in a while. I am also interested in Paul George and Myles Turner. I probably spent more time on my phone than paying attention to the game. It was so boring and predictable. A few decent plays by either team here or there but both teams were terrible to watch. I was blown away at how the last two minutes in a tightly contested game, I was bored. I felt 99% sure there was no way the Pels were winning even though it was close. Naturally there was a chance Reke plays iso ball and manages to hit a game winner or something, but even if he does, does that make the game exciting? I would rather see us lose playing well than that atrocious basketball. If we're going to be mediocre it'd be nice if the team were at least fun and mediocre.
    You might need to start jogging or get some sun. They lost and the last 2 minutes were not pretty, but the game itself was far from atrocious.

They were down damn near 20 and came roaring back by repeatedly sticking Indiana with corner 3s. Very well executed plays. The defense also got better with smart switching and active hands.

The Pelicans lost their best player and folded on the offensive end, but it was hard fought. They gave themselves a chance.

Most consistent thing about the Pels is when they only need to score a few points in the final 2 min of the game to win they don't.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Trade Jrue for Kris Middleton and draft a PG. Middleton would be a great SF for us. The Bucks need a PG bad and Jrue is a perfect fit there. They have Brogdon to take over for Middleton. Draft Fultz and get Middleton in a trade.. yes please!!

LoL but no everybody just ignores this. Not possible to be impacted by your wife having brain cancer and just a month ago had surgery she is recovering from. Not to mention he wasn't playing basketball with the team for a while. Yet someone goes through a divorce and their play is allowed to get impacted from it. What I see with Jrue right now doesn't worry me 1 bit. Guy just entered his prime and is finally 100% healthy. It's going to take time for him to get in a groove and consistently perform at a high level. Just wanna see him stay healthy this year and get in basketball shape while getting his home life situated. Get him at a discount this off season and let's go. Wouldn't be against trading Jrue but it would have to be a good return like Middleton.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Trade Jrue for Kris Middleton and draft a PG. Middleton would be a great SF for us. The Bucks need a PG bad and Jrue is a perfect fit there. They have Brogdon to take over for Middleton. Draft Fultz and get Middleton in a trade.. yes please!!
    This would be perfect but I think Bucks want Giannis running the show

Yea but nobody wants a player to be the only guy handling the ball. Jrue is perfect in that sense of sharing ball duties and playing some off ball. He is a big body who plus great D with versatility to guard 1-3. Has a solid offensive game but would greatly benefit playing with another ball handler. Which is why PG13 IMO would be a perfect fit not only for AD but Jrue since he can handle some of the ball duties. IMO Jrue would have a bigger impact on that team and for what they need right now then Middleton especially without Brogdon now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea but nobody wants a player to be the only guy handling the ball. Jrue is perfect in that sense of sharing ball duties and playing some off ball. He is a big body who plus great D with versatility to guard 1-3. Has a solid offensive game but would greatly benefit playing with another ball handler. Which is why PG13 IMO would be a perfect fit not only for AD but Jrue since he can handle some of the ball duties. IMO Jrue would have a bigger impact on that team and for what they need right now then Middleton especially without Brogdon now.
    Without Brogdon?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue isn't the guy you want to lead the offense anyway. Jrue is more than capable of being a spot up guy. Hell, I think Jrue doesn't like having to initiate the offense to be honest. He has moments where he looks like a point god....then others where he's passive, meek, and kinda goes with the flow.

Nothing wrong with that in the right context. But this offense needs a bit more...force. Someone to push the tempo, threaten the basket then they drive the lane and force the D to collapse or give up a layup or thunderous dunk.

Luckily, I know just the college player that can do that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Jrue isn't the guy you want to lead the offense anyway. Jrue is more than capable of being a spot up guy. Hell, I think Jrue doesn't like having to initiate the offense to be honest. He has moments where he looks like a point god....then others where he's passive, meek, and kinda goes with the flow.

Nothing wrong with that in the right context. But this offense needs a bit more...force. Someone to push the tempo, threaten the basket then they drive the lane and force the D to collapse or give up a layup or thunderous dunk.

Luckily, I know just the college player that can do that.
    It's also what Reke does

Thread Information