Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans @ Pacers gameday thread 1/16/17

Indiana repeatedly asked the Pels to steal the game. Pels, each time, said no thanks. The road to mediocrity continues

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Tyreke tries too hard to be the hero. He's so bad.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Sigh

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

the ending...

Umm just tuned in with 3min left in the game. Was Buddy hurt? If not No way he should not be on the court down by 3 with seconds left inn the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Tyreke tries too hard to be the hero. He's so bad.
    Lol what else could he of done with so little time on the clock. Whoever caught that pass was putting it up.

Did I see that right that the Pels had a TO left at the end of the game??

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Did I see that right that the Pels had a TO left at the end of the game??
    Nah think we were out of timeouts

It's games like this that are the reason why I don't get my hopes up on getting that 8th seed. #Pelslife #TankFlight

I really wanted us to draft/sign Glenn Robinson and Tim Hardaway, but that wasn't to be. MM reassured me that neither he or Demps would want either of those guys.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

So did buddy get hurt or did we just decide not to play him even tho he was shooting 80% from the field and 100% from 3?

All-Star
    Time to give the point to Tyreke and to trade Holiday once we still can.
    Send him with Asik to Milwaukee for Dellavedova and 1st and I'm all good. We get a back up point that can defend and shoot that we can use in 3 guard sets, a mid 1st rounder and getting rid of Asik.
    I cant see us getting more from Holiday anyway knowing he is a FA at the end of June.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Talk about having the opposite of a contract year

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Talk about having the opposite of a contract year
    Maybe he has been promised the max from Dell and he doesn't have to break his balls

Quote Originally Posted by Delko View Post
    Time to give the point to Tyreke and to trade Holiday once we still can.
    Send him with Asik to Milwaukee for Dellavedova and 1st and I'm all good. We get a back up point that can defend and shoot that we can use in 3 guard sets, a mid 1st rounder and getting rid of Asik.
    I cant see us getting more from Holiday anyway knowing he is a FA at the end of June.
    If the Pelicans re-sign either Holiday or Evans, this team is doomed to mediocrity or worse. As many have said, Evans clearly does not fit the system so I don't think the Pels will re-sign him. But I've heard some say they think Holiday can be the 3rd best player on a championship team. Are those people watching the games? Jrue provides very good defense, but he is far from a top tier point guard.

A championship team needs a PG it can rely on to lead the team and make very good decisions in crunch time. Jrue does neither. Almost every game, he can be counted on to make unforced turnovers, many of them late in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. Even a mediocre PG knows he needs to value the ball when it counts.

And Jrue certainly does not appear to be a leader of the team. To an extent, that's fine because it is AD's team, but honestly AD does not have the fiery demeanor to lead a team through an entire season. Simply put, the Pels need a floor general and Jrue is not it. IN games where AD is out, I would expect Jrue to step up his game and lead the team...doesn't happen. Instead we have to hope for great games from guys like Terrence Jones and Tyreke Evans who, on the whole, do not have very efficient games and likely won't be here next year.

In any case, I see Jrue as a fringe top 15 PG, and unless the Pels get a generational talent as good as, or better than, AD at either the SF or SG position, they will not be contending for championships with Jrue at the point. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    If the Pelicans re-sign either Holiday or Evans, this team is doomed to mediocrity or worse. As many have said, Evans clearly does not fit the system so I don't think the Pels will re-sign him. But I've heard some say they think Holiday can be the 3rd best player on a championship team. Are those people watching the games? Jrue provides very good defense, but he is far from a top tier point guard.

A championship team needs a PG it can rely on to lead the team and make very good decisions in crunch time. Jrue does neither. Almost every game, he can be counted on to make unforced turnovers, many of them late in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. Even a mediocre PG knows he needs to value the ball when it counts.

And Jrue certainly does not appear to be a leader of the team. To an extent, that's fine because it is AD's team, but honestly AD does not have the fiery demeanor to lead a team through an entire season. Simply put, the Pels need a floor general and Jrue is not it. IN games where AD is out, I would expect Jrue to step up his game and lead the team...doesn't happen. Instead we have to hope for great games from guys like Terrence Jones and Tyreke Evans who, on the whole, do not have very efficient games and likely won't be here next year.

In any case, I see Jrue as a fringe top 15 PG, and unless the Pels get a generational talent as good as, or better than, AD at either the SF or SG position, they will not be contending for championships with Jrue at the point. Just my 2 cents.
    Agreed.

I’ve said it several times.
    We need to collect draft picks so when Davis does leave, the re-build doesn’t have to begin in 3 years, but right now while Davis is still here.
    He can’t demand a trade this early on and by the time he does, we will have assets.
    He will leave….don’t kid yourselves.

I would if I was him.
    Nothing has changed with this organisation in the 25 years I have followed them.

This is the larger story really. They could use a more dynamic wing and an active rebounding big. But Jrue just hasn't been where he needs to be at all.

Yeah pay him the max.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Are you kidding lol this is the same crew that gave us a t in pre-season for "complaining" too much
    Just wait till you play Lebron next week.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Maybe he has been promised the max from Dell and he doesn't have to break his balls
    Wouldn't be surprising.

#Pelslife

Ready to trade jrue, reke , AA, asik, jones. Get picks and trade players with picks

That was the first game that I've watched in a while. I was really missing basketball. Most people on here probably think I have a pessimistic view of the Pels. Just trying to set the scene here, so I'm not expecting much and excited to see us play for the first time in a while. I am also interested in Paul George and Myles Turner. I probably spent more time on my phone than paying attention to the game. It was so boring and predictable. A few decent plays by either team here or there but both teams were terrible to watch. I was blown away at how the last two minutes in a tightly contested game, I was bored. I felt 99% sure there was no way the Pels were winning even though it was close. Naturally there was a chance Reke plays iso ball and manages to hit a game winner or something, but even if he does, does that make the game exciting? I would rather see us lose playing well than that atrocious basketball. If we're going to be mediocre it'd be nice if the team were at least fun and mediocre.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Indiana repeatedly asked the Pels to steal the game. Pels, each time, said no thanks. The road to mediocrity continues
    Actually, mediocrity would have us in the playoffs.

Thread Information