Pelicans Report

Thread: Who do you want as our garbage man?

Who do you want as our garbage man?

It's so obvious this team lacks rebounding. Outside of Davis we have Jones averaging 6 and Hill/Cunningham averaging 4.

Davis is shooting so many shots you can't expect him to be crashing the offensive glass. He also needs help on the defensive glass. We need a garbage man.

We need a guy who contests for a rebound on every shot we take while not being useless at finishing around the rim.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/p.../avg48Rebounds

I think Faried is the type of guy who would work well next to Davis. Often gets trashed by fans for his defense but the guy plays with a lot of energy and is up there is rebs per 48.

He's locked up for another couple years and salaries match with Reke or Jrue.

Who you got?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    It's so obvious this team lacks rebounding. Outside of Davis we have Jones averaging 6 and Hill/Cunningham averaging 4.

Davis is shooting so many shots you can't expect him to be crashing the offensive glass. He also needs help on the defensive glass. We need a garbage man.

We need a guy who contests for a rebound on every shot we take while not being useless at finishing around the rim.

I think Faried is the type of guy who would work well next to Davis. Often gets trashed by fans for his defense but the guy plays with a lot of energy and is up there is rebs per 48.

Who you got?
    I would regret it if I didn't throw Noel's name out there in response to this...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Nobody this season.
    I want a top 8 draft pick more than I want a top 8 finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I would regret it if I didn't throw Noel's name out there in response to this...
    I agree with Noel. Just have no idea what we have that Phili would want. Demps would be eating some serious crow to trade Jrue and something else to get Noel back.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Nobody this season.
    Do you also want to see Tyreke and Jrue walk for nothing? There is more to consider IMO.

Who you got?
    Faried would be a good addition to this team, for sure. Nurkic and Gallinari would also be much welcome additions. Don't see a trade that they would accept, though, since they're loaded with young guards and our main trade players are mid-young guards who are soon to be free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Faried would be a good addition to this team, for sure. Nurkic and Gallinari would also be much welcome additions. Don't see a trade that they would accept, though, since they're loaded with young guards and our main trade players are mid-young guards who are soon to be free agents.
    The reason I suspect Denver may have some interest is that Mike Malone has been forthcoming to the press how comical his team is defensively. Couple that with Mudiay being extremely inefficient and all of a sudden a rental of Jrue to clear some cap for next year may start making sense. They might even resign him. It's just hard to pick which direction Denver is trying to go. But if Mudiay was on this team I think he'd be public enemy #1 so I can see incentive for them to trade for Jrue or Reke.

The reason I suspect Denver may have some interest is that Mike Malone has been forthcoming to the press how comical his team is defensively. Couple that with Mudiay being extremely inefficient and all of a sudden a rental of Jrue to clear some cap for next year may start making sense. They might even resign him. It's just hard to pick which direction Denver is trying to go. But if Mudiay was on this team I think he'd be public enemy #1 so I can see incentive for them to trade for Jrue or Reke.
    Hmm, interesting. Yea I don't follow that team much, but it does seem they are hard to pinpoint a direction with their mix of older vets and young high draft picks. A swap of Faried for either Holiday or Evans works salary wise, but I'm not sure the Pels management would be thrilled about the remaining two years of Faried's contract when he plays the same position as AD and can't really guard big centers well. That would also probably limit T-Jones and D-Mo's minutes, too, possibly creating some tension since they both took discounts to play here for a try out. Maybe we could sell them on Asik being the defensive enforcer they need and include him in a trade, lol. Although with Jokic playing so well at Center, that's unlikely, since that's partly why Nurkic isn't in the rotation either.

So many possibilities...

Nobody this season.
    I agree at this point.

Do you also want to see Tyreke and Jrue walk for nothing? There is more to consider IMO.
    Wont make a difference.
    The damage has been done.
    They are both gone IMO.

Wont make a difference.
    The damage has been done.
    They are both gone IMO.
    Agree! They are leaving much like Gordon and Ryno unless you pay max.

Thread Information