Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gentry is clueless in all aspects .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Gentry is clueless in all aspects .

Gentry has ZERO clue on any semblance of rotation. He pulls players in & out for no rhyme or reason. He watches 2 7 footers demolish us inside with 6'9' baseliners guarding them & doesn't put D-Mo or 7'2" Ajinca in. He puts Asik in the game. He never has Heild in for closing games out & tonite, well, let's put Buddy out there, although he's been struggling the past 3 games .

But it what's most perplexing is "He hasn't a clue as to how to get a team ready to play 2 consecutive Above average games . Completely disgraceful coaching.
    In closing- For a coach to KNOW that he has a paper mache Superstar at 6'10 & a skinny 225 power forward & then puts him at center, is a complete MORON. Davis will remain injured as long as he plays the 5 .
    Season ticket holder for 9 years & this is as disgusting as its been in the 9 yrs.
    Brook Lopez IN & Alvin Gentry OUT fixes 50-75% of the problem, immediately.

it's not gentry he only playing with the hand he got he was so glad to get a head job he let the gm do whatever
    maybe next year will be better when they get a new gm it not it be the samething again 35/47

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanblaze View Post
    it's not gentry he only playing with the hand he got he was so glad to get a head job he let the gm do whatever
    maybe next year will be better when they get a new gm it not it be the samething again 35/47
    If you believe for one second that Gentry did not have input on what players were brought in, then you're a fool. Gentry absolutely shares blame because he cannot get the players to run a consistent system.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanblaze View Post
    You actually said "it's NOT Gentry" ? Are you serious? He is Clueless. He is about to put AD on the permanent IR . AD stays hurt against 4's, so Gentry runs him out there against 5's . You've got to be kidding me! His 10 man rotation with NOBODY over 6'10 is Crazy. We were MAULED in the paint tonight . Gentry is a disaster .

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Both DMO and Asik played tonight so a 10 man rotation with no 7 footers isn't true.

That being said, I don't think Gentry is a good coach.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Both DMO and Asik played tonight so a 10 man rotation with no 7 footers isn't true.

That being said, I don't think Gentry is a good coach.
    Gentry had Zero intention of Playing D-mo . The only reason he entered the game was because AD left the game with 3 minutes to go in the 1st half .
    You should look at. D-mo's MPG & Asik & Ajinca have not see the court in 2017, except for Ajinca 4 minutes in 1 game & Asik tonight & 4 minutes in another game.
    So, back to my point. Gentry's Rotation skills Suck & it does Not include a True Center at all .

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

Ok, so before it was "Loomis has too much of a role running basketball operations" now its "He does not pay enough attention to them"

People don't know what they want

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaPride View Post
    Ok, so before it was "Loomis has too much of a role running basketball operations" now its "He does not pay enough attention to them"

People don't know what they want
    The gist of it is we want the Pelicans to be run like their success is a top priority not something they conveniently hope would happen, but only was bought because the NBA and my wife wanted me to.

Basketball Guru
    imo the question is,,,why does the team play better team ball when AD is out?........i dont know if thats coaching or the players........when AD is out, those boys play free,,get up and down the court,,sharing the ball and seem more aggressive in the game.....i dont get it.....

2nd question,,how do you get this team to play better team ball when AD is playing?.........today i want AD to sit until after the all-star game and let the rest of the team play and see what the problem is......

Man this whole franchise is a mess, Jesus make this all stop!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    imo the question is,,,why does the team play better team ball when AD is out?........i dont know if thats coaching or the players........when AD is out, those boys play free,,get up and down the court,,sharing the ball and seem more aggressive in the game.....i dont get it.....

2nd question,,how do you get this team to play better team ball when AD is playing?.........today i want AD to sit until after the all-star game and let the rest of the team play and see what the problem is......
    I thought that I was the only one that noticed LOL
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Man this whole franchise is a mess, Jesus make this all stop!
    I'm strongly thinking about boycotting the rest of the season until Gentry is replaced. I know Demps has his fair share of the blame for how things have turned out but he probably won't be replaced until the offseason. I just can't take any more of the players ignoring the coach night in and night out while the same coach continues to throw the players under the bus and refuses to adjust his system to fit these players skill sets. Did I also mention that the coach is still trying to find an identity for the team 40 plus games into the season?

*Kermit sipping tea*

Kumar where are you at? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    *Kermit sipping tea*
    Lol petty haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    I'm strongly thinking about boycotting the rest of the season until Gentry is replaced. I know Demps has his fair share of the blame for how things have turned out but he probably won't be replaced until the offseason. I just can't take any more of the players ignoring the coach night in and night out while the same coach continues to throw the players under the bus and refuses to adjust his system to fit these players skill sets. Did I also mention that the coach is still trying to find an identity for the team 40 plus games into the season?
    That.....That may not be a bad Idea. This team keep playing with my emotions man. I just direction and clarity!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I thought that I was the only one that noticed LOL
    I said the same thing last night too man. We play hard, move around, share the ball.

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

Kumar where are you at? Thoughts?
    I think it's silly to assume he's clueless in all aspects. Just because the general public who has no or little experience in any aspect of basketball doesn't understand his motives doesn't mean he's clueless. Like it's pretty easy to see why he started Jones instead of Dante vs OKC. Does that mean it was the right decision? No one is saying it is. But OP is complaining we didn't put Ajinca in. Really? That's a complain you're gonna lodge against Gentry? Then he complains about Buddy getting more minutes and a game that was shaping up to be blowout while simultaneously complaining Buddy doesn't get minutes. And to cap it off he thinks Brook Lopez is the solution.

It's just silly to pick and choose what and when to criticize about. Where were the complaints when they beat the Cavs? Gentry hasn't done enough to show that keeping him as a coach after this season is a good idea, but man some of things people blame him for is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    I think it's silly to assume he's clueless in all aspects. Just because the general public who has no or little experience in any aspect of basketball doesn't understand his motives doesn't mean he's clueless. Like it's pretty easy to see why he started Jones instead of Dante vs OKC. Does that mean it was the right decision? No one is saying it is. But OP is complaining we didn't put Ajinca in. Really? That's a complain you're gonna lodge against Gentry? Then he complains about Buddy getting more minutes and a game that was shaping up to be blowout while simultaneously complaining Buddy doesn't get minutes. And to cap it off he thinks Brook Lopez is the solution.

It's just silly to pick and choose what and when to criticize about. Where were the complaints when they beat the Cavs? Gentry hasn't done enough to show that keeping him as a coach after this season is a good idea, but man some of things people blame him for is absurd.
    That argument is irrelevant. Kings beat them in Cleveland Wed.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Finger right on the pulse of things as usual.

That argument is irrelevant. Kings beat them in Cleveland Wed.
    That argument is NEVER relevant (when comparing "who beat who"). The Heat beat Golden St, so I guess Miami is better than the Warriors and the Cavs, who Golden St beat by 20+ last week.

Makes no sense.

Crazy not a single peep after last night

Crazy not a single peep after last night
    Well I just posted in our other thread. But you realize last night (And Cleveland) is an indictment of Gentry right?

Unless you're assuming that we think because he is coach we cannot win a single game. Last night was not the team we've seen all year. It was not Gentry Ball (c). It was AD playing the ultimate garbage man role again and not being leaned on and iso'd all game like Al had been doing all year.

Got dat sweet, sweet USG% at 25.6% and we beat the 2nd best team in the league (and the 3rd best without AD at all, but that's another story).

But that's you, giving Gentry all the credit for the wins and none of the criticism for the losses. Lolz, consistent at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogden Park View Post
    Well I just posted in our other thread. But you realize last night (And Cleveland) is an indictment of Gentry right?

Unless you're assuming that we think because he is coach we cannot win a single game. Last night was not the team we've seen all year. It was not Gentry Ball (c). It was AD playing the ultimate garbage man role again and not being leaned on and iso'd all game like Al had been doing all year.

Got dat sweet, sweet USG% at 25.6% and we beat the 2nd best team in the league (and the 3rd best without AD at all, but that's another story).

But that's you, giving Gentry all the credit for the wins and none of the criticism for the losses. Lolz, consistent at least.
    Maybe it was Gentry ball? They ended up with 29 assists when Gentry said their goal every game is 30. They got up 30 threes and scored 119 points on 93 possessions.

Yes they put more emphasis on Jrue creating and being more aggressive and less on AD. Who's to say the coaches have finally realized this team cannot win the opposite way? Or maybe the coaches didn't realize squat and decided to ease of AD because he's playing injured?

Only time will tell.

Thread Information