Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Gentry's system works

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Or.... you could understand my actual point and follow that. What I said was that it is mature to state your beliefs and back it up with stats and observations. It becomes sad and childish when you have to say something like, "Gentry is clueless".

Do you see/understand the difference? A mature message board would have people saying like, "It frustrates me that we do X and Z when Y and S clearly work so much better as evidenced by this, that, and the other"

Do you see how that could still elicit great conversation and debate? Saying things like Gentry is clueless brings nothing more to the debate. It is both impossible to prove and pointless in the larger scheme.

I know the counter. I have read it for YEARS. "Dude, this is a message board. It's not a place to be serious or take everything so literally." To which I scoff. Any time you converse/share ideas, you should be trying to inform or attempt to be informed. This hiding behind the, "Don't take it so seriously" is just code for people who want to be lazy and immature in their thoughts. So yes, converse, debate, disagree, learn. But just leave out the hyperbole and the unprovable statements (Gentry is clueless) that add NOTHING to the conversation.
    357-419

http://www.espn.com/nba/coaches/_/id/1499

Do you feel better now?

Oh and there is this,

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/de...about-his-job/

I really don't give a s--- about my job status," Gentry told reporters.
    So The VP of operations don't care says he is pretty much there to cheer and neither does head coach. Maybe we do need to make the playoffs and get blown out by G.S. to wake up the owner again.

Or.... you could understand my actual point and follow that. What I said was that it is mature to state your beliefs and back it up with stats and observations. It becomes sad and childish when you have to say something like, "Gentry is clueless".

Do you see/understand the difference? A mature message board would have people saying like, "It frustrates me that we do X and Z when Y and S clearly work so much better as evidenced by this, that, and the other"

Do you see how that could still elicit great conversation and debate? Saying things like Gentry is clueless brings nothing more to the debate. It is both impossible to prove and pointless in the larger scheme.

I know the counter. I have read it for YEARS. "Dude, this is a message board. It's not a place to be serious or take everything so literally." To which I scoff. Any time you converse/share ideas, you should be trying to inform or attempt to be informed. This hiding behind the, "Don't take it so seriously" is just code for people who want to be lazy and immature in their thoughts. So yes, converse, debate, disagree, learn. But just leave out the hyperbole and the unprovable statements (Gentry is clueless) that add NOTHING to the conversation.
    Yet it is okay for you to start secret twitter accounts. Don't preach me Crews. Look in the mirror dude.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1484941546146.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	6232 okay I mean seriously lol every one just be cool lol

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Oh and there is this,

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/de...about-his-job/

So The VP of operations don't care says he is pretty much there to cheer and neither does head coach. Maybe we do need to make the playoffs and get blown out by G.S. to wake up the owner again.
    Keyword 'status'. Gentry does not say "I don't care about my job".

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Keyword 'status'. Gentry does not say "I don't care about my job".
    Correct. Instead he says he don't give a bleep about his job. Status or no status.
    Last edited by Champ; 01-28-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Banned

Thoughts on Buddy v Murray so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Correct. Instead he says he don't give a bleep about his job. Status or no status.
    Well now you are just making crap up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    Thoughts on Buddy v Murray so far?
    I would still draft Murray but I think Buddy (and have always thought) he will be fine. I just think you need a star by 2019 to convince AD to stay and I feel Murray has a slightly better chance to be a star. But truth be told, this coaching staff wouldn't have played him and he would have gotten frustrated so he might have developed poorly here. Same with a guy like Chriss. They were never gonna take a freshman with this regime
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Well now you are just making crap up.
    No read the article again genius.

Last edited by Champ; 01-29-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

I follow your point, its just not nearly as good of a point as you seem to think it is. What really adds nothing to the conversation is your repeated complaints about other people's posts. You are whining about what others have to say because you think its arrogant for fans to act like they have a better idea about how to improve the team than the coach. You've made so many posts whining about it that you derailed the entire discussion, and I'm sure you think you have created a "mature" message board environment by doing so. Lol. Your posts are undoubtedly more smug and arrogant than the people you are criticizing, I wonder if you have the self awareness to understand that. Its interesting how the aspects a person finds objectionable in others, are usually the same qualities that he himself possesses.

No work Mr. Gentry's plan. He not work.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information