Pelicans Report

Thread: DM questions

DM questions

What do you guys think Dell's plan is by signing DM? Temporary help?

Will he still get looks at 10m a year as a FA?

Curious to know opinions and if there is any way in hell we can get rid of Asik.

no problem about demps he will not be here to look at that the next gm will also take care of asik and the other clown from oversea

is any way in hell we can get rid of Asik.
    I had been hoping that the rising cap would make his deal seem affordable enough to dump this summer, but there are already too many better bigs on the market that nobody wants. If we need Asik's cap space they'll have to stretch him. You immediately get $7 million in cap space this summer, but the cost is $3.5 million in dead money for 7 years. Not a huge amount but I'd rather try and dump Ajinca and Moore (to keep the cheaper Galloway) before stretching Asik.

Regarding DMo, it's only been 3 games but his passing is impressive. If Gentry is going to be here next year I think they will definitely try to keep DMo. You also probably need to try and keep Terrence Jones. He has good games and bad games as a backup, but when he's had to start he's answered the call most of the time scoring at least 18 in 4 of his 5 starts. He's probably about as good a value as we'll find for a backup big that can help pick up a substantial part of the scoring load when AD is out.
    Last edited by BP225; 01-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Let's see how this season goes before we worry about what to do with DMo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Let's see how this season goes before we worry about what to do with DMo.
    Its just a question , relax just a bit nothing wrong with it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    What do you guys think Dell's plan is by signing DM? Temporary help?

Will he still get looks at 10m a year as a FA?

Curious to know opinions and if there is any way in hell we can get rid of Asik.
    We need to pay him. If for nothing else that he finally got Reke to give up the ball and initiate the offense as he crossed the time line last night and it resulted in Moore coming off a screen for a wide open 3 with about 20 left on the shot clock. He drained it as well. The guy knows this offense apparently better than anyone else on the floor it seems as he is constantly directing traffic and telling people where to go, clapping for the ball and immediately moving it to the next spot on the floor. If we can get everyone else up to his speed by the all star break, watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Its just a question , relax just a bit nothing wrong with it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How was my post worrying about it? It's literally the most relaxed you can be saying let's just wait and see what happens.

Geez some of you people read way too much into things. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    How was my post worrying about it? It's literally the most relaxed you can be saying let's just wait and see what happens.

Geez some of you people read way too much into things. lol.
    #Trusttheprocess?

Thread Information