Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knicks attempting to trade Mello again? Maybe Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The problem isn't Melo's age by itself though.

It'd be stupid to turn down LeBron, just a year younger.
    You cannot possibly compare Melo to LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Don't need him to defend just need those points from the sf position
    And when he gives up more points than he scores...

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

Hey look... someone else placing the blame on the personnel. But fire Gentry anyway.

Melo is a dying star. He had all opportunities to make NYK a great team yet he failed horribly. NYK perhaps never been in such a hole as they are now.
    Did anyone watch his defense yesterday when they lost at the last second ?
    Last edited by verysalt; 01-12-2017 at 09:03 AM.

I am curious what the price on Melo would be. I think it's lower than it's been for a while but I think the Celtics can set the bar so high with all their assets and need for superstars that they can drive the price up beyond anything we can offer. Maybe if Jrue wasn't expiring this year they would be enticed since Phil supposedly loves him but without giving up Jrue, Buddy and at least one first round pick we're going to have a hard time putting out a decent offer

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    I am curious what the price on Melo would be. I think it's lower than it's been for a while but I think the Celtics can set the bar so high with all their assets and need for superstars that they can drive the price up beyond anything we can offer. Maybe if Jrue wasn't expiring this year they would be enticed since Phil supposedly loves him but without giving up Jrue, Buddy and at least one first round pick we're going to have a hard time putting out a decent offer
    I think Mello stock has fallen too. It would be interesting if both Rose/Melo got shipped to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    And when he gives up more points than he scores...
    Okay you put him on the other teams worst offensive player ya know much like they do with curry

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You cannot possibly compare Melo to LeBron.
    Such a comparison would not be absurd six years ago, even if that was what I was doing.

And that's exactly my point. Age isn't really the issue as much as Melo isn't really all that good anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    The only guy I'd like from the Knicks (not named Kristaps) is Willie Hernangomez.

Big upisde with that boy
    What about Lance Thomas? I'm willing to forgive him for frygate.

Melo has a no trade clause and in no way would accept a trade here. It's not worth thinking about for half a second.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Melo has a no trade clause and in no way would accept a trade here. It's not worth thinking about for half a second.
    Valid point! You have some on here that think there is nothing wrong with our front office.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I'm not so sure. He gets a 15% pay increase. If there's one thing we found out about Melo it's that he cares more about money than winning. That's the whole reason he signed in New York.

I wonder if he'd turn down the chance to make more money while still playing with AD.

I don't see any reason to do it this season. I would definitely be interested in the off season if we aren't able to land someone else. IMO Melo would be a great fit here and really benefit by playing with someone like AF. Jrue/Buddy are also great compliments to his game along with even DMo. We would have a Celtics championship style team by adding him. Difference is we could compete longer because of AD and the rest of our team. Davis/Garnett Buddy/Allen Melo/Pierce Jrue/Rondo. That would be a solid team especially if Melo adjusts a little more to Gentrys scheme playing similiar to his team USA role and how Thompson plays for the Warriors. Melo has always looked like the best player on team USA because of the role he is able to play. I think here he would be able to get closer to that role then has with the Knicks.

Thread Information