Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Realistically, where do the Pels stand?

I was worried there for a minute when it looked like Gentry was going to roll with a 9-10 man rotation for the rest of the season. I'm glad to see him working people like Frazier back in. It almost seems like he stripped in down to the minimum to see what he had to work with and is now building it up from there. I could see a Qpon-esque trade before the trade deadline.

The main things I want to see are continued improvement from Buddy and continued gelling of the team as a whole. I hope Buddy takes over a game or two before the end of the season. I think once he gets a taste of that in the NBA he's not going to let it go. [When I saw those spin moves against an albeit injured Chris Paul I thought it was about to happen then.]

I wonder, too, if Dell is done with the whole "trade for young vets" thing. At this point there is no better young vet in the NBA than AD. I expect them to resign Jrue, try to resign Motiejunas, make their pick, and essentially roll it back.

Nola3 what is there not to be serious about? the 8th seed?

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINION View Post
    Nola3 what is there not to be serious about? the 8th seed?
    Those trade proposals

it depends on the desperation of the front office. $11million off the books is very valuable for some teams! Asik or Ajinca could be a nice backup with a good cap Number to some teams.

it depends on the desperation of the front office. $11million off the books is very valuable for some teams! Asik or Ajinca could be a nice backup with a good cap Number to some teams.
    You mean the desperation of other front offices?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Moving forward? two years from now if they keep DMo and Diallo, i think we have a solid PF & C rotation. SF remains our downfall. Not sure if Jrue is back or if he's the best long term solution but i like him so i'm fine either way. A lot is going to hinge on Buddy becoming a 20ppg guy in two years and then we can see.

yes the other front office

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

Imagine if we had a healthy Gordon and Anderson right now. Look at what they are doing in Houston. Bam! They nailed it here.

Ermannation!

What are the options for Reke? Reke + Asik could we get Whiteside? Would Whiteside work with DMO and AD?
    Reke + Ajinca for Paul George?
    Ask yourself this question: If I was a professional basketball GM, would I trade Hassan Whiteside or Paul George for Tyreke and Asik/Ajinca? Say it out loud and you'll realize how ridiculous those trade proposals sound.

Unless you're trolling. If that's the case, troll on and tell us why either team would consider it?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Ask yourself this question: If I was a professional basketball GM, would I trade Hassan Whiteside or Paul George for Tyreke and Asik/Ajinca? Say it out loud and you'll realize how ridiculous those trade proposals sound.

Unless you're trolling. If that's the case, troll on and tell us why either team would consider it?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The Vertical has it pretty much spot on. Guys that are 7th, 8th, 9th on most teams are 4th, 5th, 6th guys here.

We need someone who can create their own shot reliably as a #2 option. I think Jrue is super solid but not quite what we want. I'd rather Jrue as a facilitator, defender, 3rd option glue guy. Bring in a SF who can create from the perimeter and have Buddy as the sharpshooter living off the 3 ball.

This team needs Jayson Tatum so badly. I think Tatum will end up top 3 in the draft though so its super unlikely we'll nab him. I like Bridges and OG Anunoby but they aren't the type to create for themselves much.

Tyreke can but doesn't have the mid range game and finishing at the rim hasn't been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Imagine if we had a healthy Gordon and Anderson right now. Look at what they are doing in Houston. Bam! They nailed it here.
    They are both well within the range they played while here. Actually, outside of shooting almost all of Andersons numbers are down. I don't believe they would have changed a lot here. Gordon would have slowed Buddy's development Anderson would have made our defense terrible.

Thread Information