Pelicans Report

Thread: Diallo headed back to the D-League

Diallo headed back to the D-League

Its for the best.

If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Hopefully he is back in 2 weeks. You know I had heard he might be moved in a trade.
    Last edited by Champ; 01-10-2017 at 10:59 AM.

I like this move a lot. Should be in the DLeague for the rest of the year. Let him get some PT while putting on some muscle and strength.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    That's good. He needs to play and it doesn't make a lot of sense deactivating Asik.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Hopefully he is back in 2 weeks. You know I had heard he might be moved in a trade.
    I hope not. You can never have enough quality big men, and if he only turns into Dejuan Blair 2.0, that is still better than nothing. Blair gave the Spurs some solid years before his knees went out.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I hope not. You can never have enough quality big men, and if he only turns into Dejuan Blair 2.0, that is still better than nothing. Blair gave the Spurs some solid years before his knees went out.
    Trust the process?

Hope not, but sounds like something an incompetent front office would do.

he'll be back after one game. we're off until thursday, staying in NY and they have a game tonight. Just getting him some reps i'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Hope not, but sounds like something an incompetent front office would do.

Didn't Gentry say this was going to be a back and forth thing with him?

He needs to play. This is the main thing. I'm Hoping that he will develop in someone that will come from the bench for US for 20-30 minutes. Also I don't want to trade him anywhere. Let him grown with Pelicans organization.

All-Star
    He might be back in two days, we are playing the Nets on Thursday, the team is having a stay in the New York. Diallo needs playing time and that is a way to get it while staying close to the team.

I do think the process with Diallo here is to keep him as close as possible to the team and make him work on his game while having him creating bonds with the guys. We have seen Motiejunas trying to throw him the ball a couple of times yesterday for a alley oop, he got on or two ISO for him as well.
    He will be back soon in the roster

That's perfect. He needs run and minutes played. I hope he kills it in D league again.

GLOL. You're clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    GLOL. You're clueless.
    Anything is possible

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This is what happens I guess when they have almost everyone healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    This is what happens I guess when they have almost everyone healthy.
    I also think DMo is a large part of this too.

Just don't let him get any Dleague tendencies. Saw some of that in his last bit of run.

People seem happy about DMo but he's probably gone at the end of the season or we throw big money on him (remember his injury history?). Terrance Jones is the exact same scenario. We are one of three or four contenders for the 8th seed. We're closer to last in the west than the 7th seed. Diallo looked awesome for getting barely any playing time. Is making the playoffs this year to get swept again worth stunting the development of a player that fills a void that we will eminently need this summer? Meanwhile Asik and Ajinca are completely out of the rotation. I get the excitement over DMo being the new shiny surprise but he probably isn't the long-term answer so why aren't more people on here upset that Diallo isn't getting NBA minutes?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Diallo was never going to get a lot of minutes this year. It doesn't matter who was in front of him. The best thing for Diallo has always been to go to the D league and get a lot of minutes this season.

Next year we can slowly work him into the system. But this year that was never a chance.

As far as DMo goes, he had a 4yr offer for 9m/yr from another team already. He has been cleared medically by at least 3 teams since the end of last season.

If he continues to play like he has (which is so hard to say since it's only been 2 games) why would we not offer him a longer contract?

Like Delko said he may be back on Thursday. They played last night on the Brooklyn Nets floor, maybe they wanted him to get some run on that court before Thursday, in case of another blowout. I can't see him staying on a team that far away from New Orleans.

He did pretty good btw

Banned
    dat crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    dat crowd
    Lol it looks like there was only employees in attendance

Told you so! Push messages say he has been recalled.

Thread Information