Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Pels vs Knicks Gameday thread 1/9/17

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Yea I'm sold on D-Mo, just all the little things. His head is in the right place, he makes smart plays, he helps create for others. We really need to find a way to resign him.

Buddy is shooting 55% on 3's in 2017 on 6.7 attempts per game. But hes pretty awful inside the 3pt line. He really needs to develop a floater or a quick pull-up that is reliable. I'd rather see him add a floater.

But he's going to be top 3 in the league in 3pt% for most of his career, I'm really excited about that.
    Honestly I am getting a bit annoyed hearing how emphatic Gentry is in telling Hield to be like Reddick.

They talked tonight how he gets Reddicks game tape every game and gets him to watch it. Like to an extent I get it, but Gentry seems like he may lack creativity a bit. It's always X player should be like Y player I used to coach. Then when they fail it's because they didn't do enough to mimic that player.

Reddick is great to learn from about defense and screens, but Hield will really take that next step when he leverages his superior athleticism to a guy like Reddick and can get that mid range step back or draw fouls at the rim(or finish).

Gentry needs to be telling him to get some tapes on Harden and shadow Evans a bit so he can work on the inside game. Follow Frazier and learn how he developed his passing game later in his young career. That is what will take him to the next level IMO.

If this is just a phase 1 thing with gentry fine, I'll shut up, but Hield should not be measured simply by how much he can turn into Reddick because that would be a disservice to his unique skillsets and physical profile.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-10-2017 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Honestly I am getting a bit annoyed hearing how emphatic Gentry is in telling Hield to be like Reddick.

They talked tonight how he gets Reddicks game tape every game and gets him to watch it. Like to an extent I get it, but Gentry seems like he may lack creativity a bit. It's always X player should be like Y player I used to coach. Then when they fail it's because they didn't do enough to mimic that player.

Reddick is great to learn from about defense and screens, but Hield will really take that next step when he leverages his superior athleticism to a guy like Reddick and can get that mid range step back or draw fouls at the rim(or finish).

Gentry needs to be telling him to get some tapes on Harden and shadow Evans a bit so he can work on the inside game. Follow Frazier and learn how he developed his passing game later in his young career. That is what will take him to the next level IMO.

If this is just a phase 1 thing with gentry fine, I'll shut up, but Hield should not be measured simply by how much he can turn into Reddick because that would be a disservice to his unique skillsets and physical profile.
    Basically EG all over again.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

So did any of the Pel's players react to Davis being shoved or did they just watch like they do when he gets the ball in the block?

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Basically EG all over again.
    I didn't want to say it because it could start a side debate but yeah.

Hield has more athleticism, a much longer reach and a better physical profile then Reddick, Reddick is a really good player but I think that is not who you ultimately just want Buddy to be.

Because really, if Reddick had Buddy's profile he wouldn't just be Reddick either.

But Buddy is developing, I don't want it to get lost that Gentry is producing positive growth with the guy IMO.

Seems like an overreaction to the little bit of information. half way through his first season, we hear one bit of info that he's telling him to watch Redick film. it isn't like he is 8 seasons in and the entire 8 seasons has been "Watch Redick film".

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Is A.D. okay? The last thing we need is to lose trade value in him too.
    This is the moment I realize you're just a big troll. . .

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It's David Fisher's sock puppet, man. Pay him no mind. He'll jist reply with a gif and quoted TBW/Fisher tweet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So did any of the Pel's players react to Davis being shoved or did they just watch like they do when he gets the ball in the block?
    They did react, but the right way. Multiple ran up to AD in the stands and helped him up. Once he was up Galloway was right next to him talking to him to see how he was.

There was no animosity in the foul. Everyone including New York players kind of froze when AD flew into the crowd.

Gentry after the game said it was a hard foul but didn't think it was a flagrant 2. Having watched it happen in the flow of the game and the replay, I agree. It was a frustration foul because AD had been tearing them up all game. It was a hard foul but I don't think it was a flagrant 2.

I also feel AD was partially to blame. He didn't have a clear run to the basket, it looked like he was showing off for the crowd because he had been going off all night. He easily had open passes he could have made. But he wanted to poster someone so he drove into a crowd of defenders while running at top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Seems like an overreaction to the little bit of information. half way through his first season, we hear one bit of info that he's telling him to watch Redick film. it isn't like he is 8 seasons in and the entire 8 seasons has been "Watch Redick film".
    Yes. This is how I feel. People need to chill. Gentry specifically said the reason he is showing him Reddick videos is to try to lessen the rookie learning curve.

Brothers?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I did not start the Davis trade thread. Now maybe get some of your facts straight?

It's been a steady narrative all season. That's why I mentioned it. Started when they drafted him.

And this is not unique with Gentry. He definitely seems to like to reach for past coached players to model current players off of. I.E. Asik can be Bogut.

But like i said, it's just an observation, and if this is just phase 1, then I'll shut up. As Buddy is progressing under Gentry well. I just think his ceiling is his more then Reddick's and that results from the difference in their physical profile. So I just hope in the future we branch off from Reddick because I think that would be a mistake to try and force him to just be Reddick. Again, if that it is Gentry's long-term plan.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    It's David Fisher's sock puppet, man. Pay him no mind. He'll jist reply with a gif and quoted TBW/Fisher tweet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    At least I'm not being compared to M.M.

Anyway LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I don't know where Gentry has told other players to be like this or that guy. With Hield he should be trying to be like JJ right now. He's a rookie who hasn't even passed the all star break. Don't see how watching Harden who has a completely different style would help him in anyway right now. JJ is a perfect player for Buddy to be trying to copy right now. When he gets some of those things down he can move on to other things. Harden is a PG who doesn't come off many screens without the ball and rarely ever takes spot up shots. Just don't see how Buddy having the handles he does at the moment and even if he did would benefit from Harden. He can pick up a few things but that is not who he should be trying to copy at the moment.

Exactly not even at the half way point in his rookie year. JJ bigger with more athleticism is an all star and Buddy is bigger and more athletic. Might not be a better player in the NBA for him to watch actually.

IMO Hill played a great game. Maybe it was his best game as a Pel. His defense on Anthony was great, he got many steals and hustled to many balls. I hope AD is OK

Thread Information