Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Knicks Gameday thread 1/9/17

X-rays were negative for AD. Said it's just a hip pointer. He will be sore but they'll know more tomorrow with how sore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Derrick Rose and Knicks HC Jeff Hornacek had a "major blowout" after Pacers game Saturday night. Rose's whereabouts still unknown.
    He's just run away from home for a bit

He'll be back when he gets hungry

Another good game for DMo. He didn't take many shots shots but his defense, rebounding, and passes were really nice. He had a lot of hustle plays.

Especially at the end of the game when it looked like our team was pretty much coasting, he had 2-3 defensive plays where he tipped a ball and we got a steal or he rebounded and saved an easy score.

DMo has that underdog story that makes him easy to pull for. Very much like Diallo and Jones to me in that way.

X-rays were negative for AD. Said it's just a hip pointer. He will be sore but they'll know more tomorrow with how sore.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Lelicans View Post
    He's just run away from home for a bit

He'll be back when he gets hungry
    What a spoilt little ********.

Finally a win! Yes. I hooping that AD will be OK.

Watch Hield. He is so uncomfortable dribbling with his right hand

He dribbles left at least 95% of the time
    He needs to go to Jason "White Chocolate" Williams camp this off season. I'm serious I believe he trains people now but IMO Buddy needs to go somebody that specializes in dribbling and can give him routines to practice. He knows how to shoot and obviously has been perfectly fine his whole career with whatever he's doing there. He has got to work on the handles to ever get to that next level. Also needs to change his layup package IMO. Something about it I can't pin point but it is way to easy to block. Maybe working with Kobe some more he can really improve around the rim.

I don't ever count out athletes in anything who work as hard as him. One reason why I was a Barnes fan because everything coaches and people around him stated he is no doubt the hardest worker on the team. Was first in the gym and last to leave which is saying a lot on that team. When they are that young I'll bet on them to reach their potential. Buddy to me really wants to be great and doesn't just say it. You will become a full believer one day haha.

I decided to goto wrestling tonight. Man the Undertaker is old. Is A.D. okay? The last thing we need is to lose trade value in him too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

No apology though? He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong. I feel the refs comment was a backhanded compliment too.

SMDH

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    He needs to go to Jason "White Chocolate" Williams camp this off season. I'm serious I believe he trains people now but IMO Buddy needs to go somebody that specializes in dribbling and can give him routines to practice. He knows how to shoot and obviously has been perfectly fine his whole career with whatever he's doing there. He has got to work on the handles to ever get to that next level. Also needs to change his layup package IMO. Something about it I can't pin point but it is way to easy to block. Maybe working with Kobe some more he can really improve around the rim.

I don't ever count out athletes in anything who work as hard as him. One reason why I was a Barnes fan because everything coaches and people around him stated he is no doubt the hardest worker on the team. Was first in the gym and last to leave which is saying a lot on that team. When they are that young I'll bet on them to reach their potential. Buddy to me really wants to be great and doesn't just say it. You will become a full believer one day haha.
    Agree with all this. Hope we works on it all off-season. I have a feeling he will.

No apology though? He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong. I feel the refs comment was a backhanded compliment too.

SMDH
    It was a hard foul. No 3 point play possible. Once upon a time, a player rubbed some mud on it, shot his free throws, then maybe got him back later.

Now, the whole league has gone puddin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It was a hard foul. No 3 point play possible. Once upon a time, a player rubbed some mud on it, shot his free throws, then maybe got him back later.

Now, the whole league has gone puddin.
    You can't say that a king hit/shove from behind was ever a tough play?

Just plain dirty with massive chance of injury (as we saw) coz a scrub can't keep up with someone better than him.

If both were face up and it was a hard foul that's a different story

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Will be at the game tonight with my Pels gear on cheering hard. Visiting from Australia. Also seeing them @ Brooklyn. Go Pels!
    That is awesome. Good to see Pels fans on the road. Feel fre to share your pics on the forum.

Banned
    Something no one would have thought when Gentry took over, a top 10 defense and dead last offense.
    How do we have a dead last offense with AD alone?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Will be at the game tonight with my Pels gear on cheering hard. Visiting from Australia. Also seeing them @ Brooklyn. Go Pels!
    Any sign of Rose mate?

How do we have a dead last offense with AD alone?
    Ever look at the box score of these games?

Davis has like 30 -40 pts. The rest have single digits in pts. Some players that play have 0 points.

You really should read TBW . Good on stats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

Davis has like 30 -40 pts. The rest have single digits in pts. Some players that play have 0 points.

I do read TBW. Daily.

And yes to the box scores also

Banned
    It's actually pretty awesome that we're ranked 9th defensively. I would find that much more impressive than ranked 9th offensively

Yea I'm sold on D-Mo, just all the little things. His head is in the right place, he makes smart plays, he helps create for others. We really need to find a way to resign him.

Buddy is shooting 55% on 3's in 2017 on 6.7 attempts per game. But hes pretty awful inside the 3pt line. He really needs to develop a floater or a quick pull-up that is reliable. I'd rather see him add a floater.

But he's going to be top 3 in the league in 3pt% for most of his career, I'm really excited about that.

Any sign of Rose mate?

It's actually pretty awesome that we're ranked 9th defensively. I would find that much more impressive than ranked 9th offensively

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

BUT ONLY TBW

Thread Information